The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Canucks Injury Thread

Blueberries

Luongo to have an MRI today. Team Canada expected to have conference call at 4 pm and they will speak with Gillis regarding Lu's health as per Dreger on twitter.

Just read that on the SportsCenter app. I hope to all that is Holy he'll be good to go for the Olympics. It would be a real shame if he couldn't make it, considering this could be his last kick at the can and he's having an unreal year.

Just read that on the SportsCenter app. I hope to all that is Holy he'll be good to go for the Olympics. It would be a real shame if he couldn't make it, considering this could be his last kick at the can and he's having an unreal year.

I think it is his last kick. I hope he's good to go too. Silver lining? As good as he is playing this year he would be rested for the 2nd half and the real season (assuming we're in). For his sake though, I hope he can go. He was able to finish the game, and didn't look shaky after the hit, so I'm hoping MRI is just precautionary and he's not out too long. Anybody heard any updates on Kassian? That could have been way worse than what it looked like it was, but he was falling over himself. Concussion?

Phew! I'd bet he takes at least tomorrow's game off and then if he has any issues Friday as well, but certainly back for next week.

SportsCenter app says 7-14 days, which doesn't make any sense if he's walking with no limp (indicating no pain), and the MRI came back negative (indicating no damage).

Luongo 1-2 weeks

Based on whose report? It really helps if you post some sort of source.

The 7-10 days option reported earlier seems most likely, although if they want to be extra safe maybe 2 weeks. We'll have to see how Luongo feels come Friday, and if he'd feel ready to come back next week or if he waits a little longer.

Archived