The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Canucks Injury Thread

Blueberries

He added Luongo's injury was just a tweak. Here's the audio:

[media removed]

Good to hear Stanton and Schroeder are back skating though.

That is all good to hear. Thanks for posting the audio! (I really liked what he had to say about goalies getting run and how the league needs to protect them. I just hope his "we'll deal with it" actually materializes into something tangible on the ice!)

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

Luongo, Edler inching closer to return. #Canucks Report: http://ow.ly/2afxaZ

The hour-long session saw all available healthy bodies take part, in addition to Alex Burrows, Alexander Edler and Roberto Luongo – the latter two looking like they're close enough to potentially return to the lineup even as early as tomorrow night.

Edler took regular shifts on the back end during the practice session while Luongo took part in the full team practice and saw the lion's share of the work during the scrimmage towards the end of the session.

Neither Luongo or Edler would confirm their status for Sunday's tilt against the Kings though both indicated they would be on the road trip.

"I had a good practice today and we'll see tomorrow," said Edler, who has been out since December 3 when he injured his knee in a game against Nashville. "Mentally, I'm ready."

Luongo, meanwhile, has sat out six of the last seven games but did confirm that the two injuries he has suffered this season - the one against the Winnipeg Jets on December 22 and the latest one on January 4 against the Kings - were non-related.

"One has nothing to do with the other," said Luongo. "Totally different injury on a different type of play. There's nothing in common with either injury."

Archived