The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McGrattan hit on Alberts, Suspension Looming?

Okanuck

How many games?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've watched the hit like ten times now, and I really can't see anything that deserves more than 1-3 games at most. I wouldn't even really be upset if he didn't get anything. Sestito stood up for Alberts, which was nice, and then McGrattan got a game misconducted. The on-ice officials handled it well, so now I guess we will see.

I've watched the hit like ten times now, and I really can't see anything that deserves more than 1-3 games at most. I wouldn't even really be upset if he didn't get anything. Sestito stood up for Alberts, which was nice, and then McGrattan got a game misconducted. The on-ice officials handled it well, so now I guess we will see.

Mish mash you are the one

The flames announcers here are the worst ones in the league. I have had Centre Ice for a few years and watched probably every team and the Flames ones are just terrible. They literally have no idea what they are talking about. Its embarrassing.

Oh okay, didn't know... whenever I see a game between Calgary vs. Vancouver it's almost always either our home announcers calling it or the CBC announcers (which I feel are a tad biased against the Canucks but nowhere near this level). Yikes.

Completely unnecessary play by McGratton. It would have been a good clean check if he just kept his arms down. Elbow to the jaw - totally avoidable.

It'll be 3 games. I wish the NHL would send a message and punish this stuff harder, but it won't happen until someone's career is ended.

Really liked Sestito on that play though. Good response.

Completely unnecessary play by McGratton. It would have been a good clean check if he just kept his arms down. Elbow to the jaw - totally avoidable.

It'll be 3 games. I wish the NHL would send a message and punish this stuff harder, but it won't happen until someone's career is ended.

Really liked Sestito on that play though. Good response.

What elbow, lul

McGrattan is a goon in the classic sense, and that he has no human decency or respect for any other player in the league. This guy is a Nazi, and his shenanigans of goonery and sadistic hits must end. The book must be thrown at this guy or he will never learn. 10 to 15 games would be a suitable suspension for this rat.

You clearly know NOTHING about McGrattan, his past and how he has helped many people.

You must have missed the after hours feature with him.

:picard: :picard:

I put none.

My reason is that sometimes the official call on the ice is the exact punishment that fit the crime.

I think the guy deserved to get kicked out but I dont think he will get any further penalties.

And this is the exact mantra that Brian Burke will have his son Patrick (the newest DPS member - roll eyes here) sell to Shanny & the rest of those 0-6 affiliated DPS appointees. The 'Lames...just like the Sharks,....the Ducks,.... the Leafs,...& other teams who have all hired Burke recently (as GM, President of HO, or as mere "consultant") will most likely benefit with the standard 30-50% reduction in any suspension that results.

Burke's been a key conspirator in helping-out the NHL Chairman's team...so we have often seen him or his affiiated teams/players being aided, shielded or rewarded. Let's sit back & watch it happen - again, shall we? Or perhaps this time...throwing McGrattan to the wolves & tanking his team (for picks)....would serve Burke's purposes better. Needless to say...the phone lines will be burning & Burkie will have his due ...however he wants it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MAwBrReB2U

I could see 1-3 games. He clearly raises his arms / elbows at the end and makes the hit way more dangerous than it should have been. I think it would've been shoulder to shoulder otherwise.

I find it hilarious how the ref with his arm up doesn't notice the fight happening right in front of him until the other ref comes and warns him, then the ref is like "oh crap, I gotta get outta here".

Truth be told, I think that if Alberts hadn't been so badly injured on the play, McGrattan might have gotten away with just a 2 minute penalty. I don't see a deliberate head hit on this play. But they do have to take into consideration that Alberts was knocked out and did not return to the game.

They might see McGrattan's misconduct as "time served" though and choose not to further punish. Plus, yes McGrattan is a scrappy player but he's one of the best at walking the fine line. Never been suspended in his fairly lengthy career. That's pretty impressive given the type of game he plays

It's too bad what happened. I gained a lot of respect for McGrattan after his interview on CBC After Hours

I gained a lot of respect for McGrattan after his interview on CBC After Hours

Ah yes. The CBC: partners in crime with the league & the League Chairman...continuing to promote the fighters, the fighting & the violence in this sport...despite the optics & the science against it...that's been acknowledged by every other league in the world.

Your post & Cherry's long tenure as "Uber-Bruins-fan" on HNIC.... is proof that the NHL has a propaganda-machine... & that it serves the Chairman & his 0-6 team's purposes...& that it is working very well.

Archived