The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McGrattan hit on Alberts, Suspension Looming?

Okanuck

How many games?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

McGrattan's a big boy and when a guy his size hits high and hard, he will do damage. He will sit a game or two and rightfully so, he got his arms up and contacted the head (doesn't matter if it was an elbow or a forearm, he purposefully threw a high hit).

Gotta say I love Sestito as a tough guy; will fight anyone (and has been holding his own against the top heavies so far this year) but doesn't take stupid penalties (like McGrattan). If the league lets McGrattan slide, at least he ate a few solid punches from Tostitos.

Ah yes. The CBC: partners in crime with the league & the League Chairman...continuing to promote the fighters, the fighting & the violence in this sport...despite the optics & the science against it...that's been acknowledged by every other league in the world.

Your post & Cherry's long tenure as "Uber-Bruins-fan" on HNIC/.... is proof that the NHL has a propaganda-machine & that it serves the Chairman & his 0-6 team's purposes...& that it is working very well!

Font judge until you actually watch his interview.

Font judge until you actually watch his interview.

I did. The one in November. Then he had been sober 5 years 2 1/2 weeks. Very commendable. But - off the top the CBC guys didnt talk about his play...just his fights.

I'm not dissing McGrattan, at all....its the propaganda that played-out off the top of his After-Hours interview. Over-the-top cheerleading for his fights annoyed me. Probably inappropriate to ask - what drove him to drink excessively...that's been a clear tendancy of most pugelistic professional athletes (including hockey players). They tend to drug abuse, have depression, experience sleeplessness, self-medicate, demonstrate inappropriate aggression, etc. & also tend to suffer chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in far greater proportion than what there is in the regular population. I'm relieved that McGrattan perhaps has broken-free...from some of that.

I'm sure McGrattan is striving to be a good guy & citizen. I just didnt like the way they exploited him & promoted his "fighting". After-Hours was totally being complicit with the League Chairmain's wishes to hype his favorite brand of hockey (on-ice violence/ fighting)....to the largest media market in Canada. To retain their very lucrative NHL contract...I guess that's what HNIC believes they have to do.

McGrattan is a goon in the classic sense, and that he has no human decency or respect for any other player in the league. This guy is a Nazi, and his shenanigans of goonery and sadistic hits must end. The book must be thrown at this guy or he will never learn. 10 to 15 games would be a suitable suspension for this rat.

The funny thing is that this couldn't be any farther from the truth, and he has nothing but repsect for most of his opponents.

I like McGrattan. He's a good guy and he's an enforcer on the ice. His arms were definitely raised more than they should have been, and he definitely hit Alberts in the head, but was his main intention to hurt and injure Alberts? Personally I don't think so, and I don't think he should get more than 3 games max, if anything at all.

The funny thing is that this couldn't be any farther from the truth, and he has nothing but repsect for most of his opponents.

I like McGrattan. He's a good guy and he's an enforcer on the ice. His arms were definitely raised more than they should have been, and he definitely hit Alberts in the head, but was his main intention to hurt and injure Alberts? Personally I don't think so, and I don't think he should get more than 3 games max, if anything at all.

Agree with everything you said. Throw in the fact that he's never been suspended before and it prettt much says that he hits hard, but he hits clean. I guess a game to remind him to keep his hands down.

Hope Alberts is okay for you guys.

Ah yes. The CBC: partners in crime with the league & the League Chairman...continuing to promote the fighters, the fighting & the violence in this sport...despite the optics & the science against it...that's been acknowledged by every other league in the world.

Your post & Cherry's long tenure as "Uber-Bruins-fan" on HNIC.... is proof that the NHL has a propaganda-machine... & that it serves the Chairman & his 0-6 team's purposes...& that it is working very well.

You're an idiot

1 game should be ok considering he missed almost the entire game so basically two games.

Didn't look malicious or a hit with any intent other then to send a message if when im on the ice watch out.

It was unfortunate that alberts head hit the glass but I have also seen much worse hits just like it go without even a 2 min penalty. Just because no one got hurt.

But I say give him 1 game he will get the message and from then on will be a repeat offender.

^ Agree with the above. Reckless/careless, but not done as anything dirty, just overly enthusiastic. Paid his dues and an extra game perhaps to send a message, but I don't see anything too severe coming out of this.

Hope Alberts is ok...that'll likely factor in.

It's against the Canucks, probably Shanny gonna call him and laugh about it.

That's nonsense. If you have a soft team then stuff happens. Look at Boston, they were soft and always looking to the league to protect them until the Marc safard concussions became too much. Then they built a tougher team who took care of themselves and won a cup.

If you want to go soft and roll semi skilled guys on your 4th line who you think can score 15 goals and a bunch of offense first dmen then you can expect to get physically run over. Everyone knows this including the refs and shanahan. If you think youre going to build a skill only team and that shanny and the refs are going to feel sorry for you and protect you when youre getting bullied, bodychecked, and intimidated then you're wrong, it's up to your team to protect yourself or fight through it.

Archived