The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Semifinal • Jan. 4 • Canada vs. Finland • 10:00 AM PT

lol face it.

Other hockey nations are getting better.

Maybe Hockey Canada should send the top CHL team instead! (jokes). But really, just because you can stack a team doesn't necessarily mean that is the best team.

That was the problem. This wasn't a "team" at all

El Capitain? So let's finish this here then.

Way to pull out a smidgeon of what someone's said and ignore all the rest. Or are some of these 3-4 syllable words too much for you?

This is not "blaming the refs for the loss". So let's see some posts that you can drag out that prove your point?

Your agenda is showing.

I've been given a warning because you blamed the refs and I disagreed with you?

My agenda, what are you talking about?

So posters can't disagree with you because you moderate the forum? Good work.

Here's a 3-4 syllable word for you, misfeasance.

Finnish anthem does sound like a death dirge.

As a Swedish-Finn - I'm still torn, but I'll pray for an epic game. Didn't get that today, obviously. But , maybe that'll happen in BOTH games, Sunday.

Hej - to my family & friends attending the Gold Medal & Bronze Medal match-ups tommorrow. Hope you have cause to celebrate. I'll decide who I'm cheering for in the Gold Medal game once the puck drops. But for now - I'm mourning what I just witnessed. :(

Canada has skill though. Tons of it. It just wasn't selected, or wasn't used properly, or is in the NHL

We've won before on international surfaces. We just didn't play well today. AT ALL. Too many individuals, no effort, too many fancy passes.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call for next year.

I don't think we are the favorite. We can ice a team that has the speed and talent to compete but they will have to play a different style of game than in the NHL if they want to win.

IN Vancouver the USA and Canada were made up of teams who only play on the NA surface...both ended up in the finals. The European teams had players that play in the NHL but many come from the European leagues and struggle with the tight quarters of the smaller rink. IN Sochi, advantage Europeans!

That's a myth. 1998 team Canada was flying, ran into a hot goalie and lost in shootout. Nothing to do with big ice.

2002 is hybrid big ice, Canada won gold.

2006 they picked the wrong players who were not hot. Bertuzzi instead of Crosby or staal?

2010 was NHL ice.

1972 series was in big ice in USSR, Canada was 3-1 there.

If you think about it having Domi on the team would not have mattered because he would probably be doing the same sh!t as the other guys by trying to cut in all by himself. Sutter needs to STOP that. It's a coach's job to prevent that. Yell at them, heck even bench them if they keep trying that sh!t

Nice read on Horvat here: http://o.canada.com/sports/bo-horvat-rock-solid-for-canada/

• Not worried about points more about getting team the win
  • Will give up the body and win key faceoffs
  • 61% on FO dot leads team Canada
  • Took a defensive role since US match
  • He won the Western Conference coaches’ awards for best faceoff man and top shot blocker
  • Looks like a Torts guy, Patrice Bergeron type of player.

Archived