The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Hamhuis Makes it to Team Canada along with Luongo

Danimal

Still trying to figure out Yzermans angle on selecting Hamuis, as well as Subban and JBo, but, I trust in his decision, he built us a great team in 2010. Still in my humble opinion Seabrook> JBo, Subban and Hamuis combined.

Hamuis and Rick Nash and Kunitz are the picks I really question,as well as Smith over Harding

Yeah, I've seen him play Surfer. You can FFS and highlight reel all you want - wouldn't be on my team.

And again, not because he "sucks" or isn't a good hockey player - the simplest way to put it is Weber, Pietrangelo, Seabrook and Subban.

No matter what, an embarrassment of riches.

Anyway; congrats Hammer!

Still trying to figure out Yzermans angle on selecting Hamuis, as well as Subban and JBo, but, I trust in his decision, he built us a great team in 2010. Still in my humble opinion Seabrook> JBo, Subban and Hamuis combined.

Hamuis and Rick Nash and Kunitz are the picks I really question,as well as Smith over Harding

The "angle" is the fact that Hammer's a lefty.

According to reports from several sources since the orientation camp this summer, having an equal balance between laft handed and right handed defencemen was important to the coaching staff...Mike Babcock in particular. (so most likely, it's Babcock's "angle" moreso than Yzerman's)

That being the case, there really is no point comparing Seabrook to Hamhuis or Bouwmeester. You'd have to decide whether you prefer Seabrook's steadier play over Subban's higher skill level.

I think that in this case, they made the correct choice.

Archived