The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Hamhuis Makes it to Team Canada along with Luongo

Danimal

Cause Nash is probably one of the best players on the league playing on on of the worst teams and playing under AV.

People had beef with Nash making it in 2010 and he was the best player in the 2010 Olympics.

How is it Vigneaults fault nash is playing poorly this year ? The guy has 5 hits all year... looks like he forgot what physical play means.

I do agree he was one of our best in 2010 though.

Beauty! Big congrats to Hamhuis.

His value is sky high right now... I wouldn't mind trading him for a more physical defenseman right now. Easier said than done obviously. Can't even think of one we could get.

Hope Keith has a career ending concussion and Hamhuis steps in. Preferably from an elbow from Daniel. I know I'm dreaming though.

Dealing Hamhuis would be extremely easy - a whole lot of teams would line up to take a top pairing, Team Canada defenseman making 4.6 million off Gillis' hands, and I'm sure many of them would be willing to offer a 'more physical' guy in return.

I suspect and hope Gillis would be as uninterested in moving Hamhuis as I would be.

Luongo is the guy to be shopping right now.

Deserves it.

Not sure if he beats out Seabrook on NA ice, but on the big ice his mobility will be a big asset.

I'm disappointed they left Seabrook off that team - I certainly would have taken him over Vlasic (or Bouwmeester) regardless of being a right side guy - obvious partner for Keith.

I'm disappointed they left Seabrook off that team - I certainly would have taken him over Vlasic (or Bouwmeester) regardless of being a right side guy - obvious partner for Keith.

Regardless, the selection team wanted 4 LD's and 4 RD's.

I predicted that one of Subban or Seabrook wouldn't make it, though I was pretty sold on Subban making the cut. Those who made the cut for D I fully expected to be the ones who would make it.

Still not sure if I'm sold on Rick Nash though, but I'm hoping that he will prove me wrong.

Edler injured and he still makes the Olympic team.

Yeah CDC, he can't be that good.

Not only that, but he has 2 games left of his suspension from the hit on Staal left to serve and they still took him. They could have easily put Hedman in with the year he's having, so it does speak to Edler's value despite all the armchair GM's/coaches here slagging Edler as our worst defenceman.

Dealing Hamhuis would be extremely easy - a whole lot of teams would line up to take a top pairing, Team Canada defenseman making 4.6 million off Gillis' hands, and I'm sure many of them would be willing to offer a 'more physical' guy in return.

I suspect and hope Gillis would be as uninterested in moving Hamhuis as I would be.

Luongo is the guy to be shopping right now.

Absolutely. Hammer is not the guy we want to move if we still want to make a push, especially with him being from BC and having an NTC he got from signing with us as a free agent and being a big part of our team since that time.

Luongo on the other hand might still like a change and teams could well have changed their opinion of his contract considering the other contracts top goalies are getting now. If Luongo wants to stay, I'm fine with it, but if he still would consider it and we can get a solid enough vet to help Lack then lets find out what we can get in return.

Then you're forcing another of the right handed D to switch (and pushing them further down the depth chart). I get that chemistry plays a part, but if the other right side choices are better (and I think they are for the international game) then you have to consider what it'll do for those players.

Vlasic is much better than people give him credit for.

He's a great defensive d man arguably as good as Hamhuis.

Doughty quickly became Keith's go to guy last Olympics with Seabrook getting the rare shift.

Both Marleau and Nash have international experience and suspect Yzerman thinks they can play a 3rd or 4th line role.

Hammer has be leading the NHL's best PK unit. He has played with Weber before. IMO he gets beat to the outside a lot on NHL ice so it should be interesting on bigger ice.

Does anyone else remember King of the BS insisting that Phaneuf was a top 5 defenseman in the NHL and Hamhuis was barely top 30? Haha! Olympic roster sure showed him!

Good goin Dan!! Representing the Bulkley Valley deep in hostile territory!

Archived