The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CGY - 1/18/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

It will be nice to have Stanton back. He had some good chemistry with Bieksa, which is important cause Bieksa doesn't really have chemistry with Edler or Garrison.

Hamhuis Tanev

Edler Garrison

Stanton Bieksa

Way more balance. Just need Hamhuis to get his crap together.

In his defense, when you play 25-30 minutes a game for how many games straight.. I don't blame him for being sub-par lately. He was great when he needed to be and now when he's not on his game we need our other D to help him out.

I'm so scared.

You people are the epitome of the self-entitled, arrogant, stubborn, "high as Rob Ford when winning, suicidal when losing" fanbase that exists in this city. I'm not afraid to say that I hate some of you.

So you are generalizing all of us into one lump sum. Believe it or not, not all us of act like we are a championship team when we win and not all of us go off the deep end when we lose either. I'd like to think I'm neutral and layed back when we win or lose.

In his defense, when you play 25-30 minutes a game for how many games straight.. I don't blame him for being sub-par lately. He was great when he needed to be and now when he's not on his game we need our other D to help him out.

I dunno, he's an Olympian now. How many minutes do the rest of Canada's blue line average? Serious question, I have no idea, but gotta imagine its up there. He's a great skater, and a great D-man, getting played like one shouldn't have such a rough effect. He's been pretty bad for much of the season. It's almost to the point where Tanev is babysitting him, like he did with Bieksa. Gotta step it up.

So you are generalizing all of us into one lump sum. Believe it or not, not all us of act like we are a championship team when we win and not all of us go off the deep end when we lose either. I'd like to think I'm neutral and layed back when we win or lose.

That's why I said I hate some of you. Not everyone on this forum has a sense of entitlement where every loss personally offends them, but there are a lot of people who post here that do.

I'm going to this game and really am hoping that this squad can show up and play a good game and get some confidenc eafter ssuch a dreadful road trip.. I hope they come out pissed off and take out their frustrations on Calgary..

Make it happen boys! 43 - 0 for the blue and green

Canucks really need to get a powerplay system that can work. They try to work the points every night on the PP, and teams are adapting to it. They should try some more plays down low, and get some rebounds for once.

Imagine if they could have scored just one PP goal in each of the last 3 games, the road trip would have ended way differently.

This probably sounds bad but I hope Henrik is out long term so Schroeder can come in and take over 2C. I want him to prove his worth.

EXTREMELY lofty expectations of a player who has only played 34 games in his career.

Also without Henrik long term we are a sure-fire lottery team XD.

Vancouver Canucks captain Henrik Sedin talks to reporters Saturday morning at Rogers Arena. He took part in morning skate this morning after leaving last Thursday's game in Phoenix. He's hopeful to be keep his Iron Man streak alive when the Canucks entertain the Calgary Flames.

do people actually care about iron man streaks

i always thought that was just an absolutely minor statistic for sports talk crowd to bring up and agents use as a ten cent bargaining chip during contract time?

1-0 Flames in the SO after the longest shootout in NHL history takes place. Last shooter mcgratten scores a garbage goal after tripping and knocking lack out with puck just barely trickling across the line.

Lack is concussed and slashing mcgratten then gets suspended 1 game. Controversy turns into hate for the flames when their prospect Johhny gaudreu wins the hobey baker award months later by one vote ahead of canucks prospect Ben Hutton.

Archived