The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Collective feeling on Tort's 'antics'?

Steve Carell

I love Torts, and this was super funny and entertaining, but I feel bad for Lain with this being his first game. I'm glad we have a coach who doesn't take sh*% but I wish he had just put out Kesler/Kassian to bite back. We are a better team than Calgary. It should not have been such a tight game and this only exhausted our players further, although it was hilarious.

A special moment in Canucks' history. Here's hoping it is not a long suspension. But knowing how the NHL LOVES to use the Canucks as examples, you know it will be.

Forget the fact one Coyote took out three of our players with his stick... a small fine for him.

Forget that Alberts was knocked into next month with a headhunt. Blind eyes to that.

Torts gets near the Flames locker room?!?! Throw the book at him!

Interestingly, Kevin Weekes basically let the cat out of the bag on this one post game, stating that Torts is used to getting away with a lot of stuff when he was in the leagues marquee market in NYC and probably doesn't yet realize he's in a much weaker position in Vancouver. Elliott Friedman (who had taken a pro-Torts position vs PJ Stock post-game) then accused Weekes of being a 'Vancouver conspiracy theorist' with Weekes back tracking furiously.

I think this sheds some light on the source of Torts' frustrations here. He coming to grips with the crapty way our franchise is treated by the league office and it's starting to get to him.

Loved it, it showed he cares about his players and stood up for the team. AV would be chewing his gum at all that.

that is exactly what i said to my wife when it happened lol!!

i think it was great... it sux lain didn't get to play.... i was excited to see what he brings

torts is gunna get hit hard i think though... all those hypocritical whiners in toronto will raise a big stink about it...

Been there. Sometimes you get crappy calls like the official finding a goal when the puck entered through the side of the net. Then sometimes you get the jerks who run at you. Everyone knows who they are. Lost a championship due to one - when they injured my defensive partner.

Next season, we were on a mission. We went undefeated. Every week it was,"we had a championship stolen. We're going to get it back.

Love Torts standing up against that bullcrap.

Patrick Roy defends his players and is basically praised like a hero. Torts does the same thing and is considered an expletive.

Yup, but it will hardly be a surprise. What I really don't like is the media campaigning for it. They stuck up for Roy and are trashing Torts. Big shocker.

No problem with the passion, seeing Burrows Kesler and Kassians energy with him on the BN, clearly Torts has the teams support and thats all that matters.

Cal was trying to start the game off by roughing up the sedins no doubt, no problem with torts defending his players and then passionately responding.

PJ is a goof, all the comments on torts how he should act blah blah blah, and look at how he conducts himself, the other two were much more fair and unbiased and say professional when talking about it PJ was just tweaking and was even rude to his colleagues, clearly has a personal beef with torts lol

Torts made the right call. Lets be honest that 4th line was going to stir up trouble regardless who was on the ice. I'm pretty sure we all know Westgarth was going to drop his gloves even if Henrik Sedin was out there. I just didn't like that Kellan Lain 2 seconds into his NHL debut is forced to fight a notorious NHL heavyweight in Kevin Westgarth. Also PJ stock can suck it for all I care. The guy's a joke plays his whole career as a plug and starts to call Torts "Bush League" for putting out his 4th line? WOW

Loved it....The antics of other teams and ref's last 20 games sort of proud Torts kept it together this long. Love the Passion and He is right...Flamers all dropped there gloves first...first he jump Kev before puck hits the ice and then Grabs Lain by the jersey ands starts swinging..and we get a 2 min power play....and how many 7 min power plays have the refs give the other teams lately!!!!????? PJ Stock a moron..he would blame the rape victim...(he said its was Sedins fault for letting Marchand punch him over and over because he didn't stand up for himself..but now its Torts fault for not putting 1st line out against the goon squad?..oops drifting) but sadly he is a mirror of the Leagues attitude...Canucks going to get roasted and flames wont be touched.

Archived