The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Canadian game prices officially going up

Yeah i realize were being boned at the till cause we live in Canada. But there are ways around this, steam sales, EA access (Which ive found useful, got battlefield 4 and NHL 15 for 30 bucks a year seems worth it) Most single player games now ill wait 4-5 months until there half price and the only ones id buy right away are fps that have multiplayer.

Also back at g_bassi making games have become outrageously expensive while writing a book and publishing and printing the book has become cheaper.

I have outright stopped shopping at gamestop or any of those reseller locations as id rather support the actual publisher of the game than the joke of a reseller.

Games have upped in budget to an extent, as has the increased market size to sell these games to. It's an act that has been balancing itself out for a while, if not favouring the consumer. The rest of the price increase has been taking care of itself by inflation.

What I'm talking about here is a localized price increase, not an international one. People in the US, and Europe aren't all of a sudden dealing with higher standard prices like we are. It's all about our dollar, and how 1) they overdid it, and 2) We're not making more money to buy games over here.

It's a vent thread, but I do think that increased caution for people in simply buying a game will hit those companies' revenue margins for the next while either way.

Also many games that are being released are rushed, faulty, and 50% complete games, and the games that are complete? Well you only get 50% of it as well since DLC or microtransactions are in every game, season passes costing $50-60. So if you want the full experience you are paying 80+50 = 130 without including tax.

Not sure if this effects digital games or not, as they haven't changed in price (yet).

I don't buy many new games now Ill be even more selective.

So far the only game effected to this extent is COD, but I'm sure that will be the same $80 across the board wherever you buy, and whatever you buy it for.

So far the only game effected to this extent is COD, but I'm sure that will be the same $80 across the board wherever you buy, and whatever you buy it for.

Well I still have a feeling the Wii U's games may be an exception.

Im optimistic I won't have to pay 79.99 for Xenonblade

All games on the Xbox store went up from $59 to $69. At least buying digital still saves $10. Witcher 3 was 59 up until a few days ago. Now its at 69 :(

Also many games that are being released are rushed, faulty, and 50% complete games, and the games that are complete? Well you only get 50% of it as well since DLC or microtransactions are in every game, season passes costing $50-60. So if you want the full experience you are paying 80+50 = 130 without including tax.

not sure why people still think this way

DLC has almost nothing to do with the base game it just adds to it i can list 100's of games with dlc that are perfectly playable without paying for DLC

for PC user's there are options like g2a and cdkey.com( this one i found from ign deals email)

The problem I have with video games these days is:

1. They're expensive as hell.

2. The take up so much memory. Seriously, GTA V is 60 gigabytes.

Memory is not a problem, since I just jacked the files from my friend. :P

The problem is the internet connection you need. You need a wicked bandwidth speed. Up until now I have been able to play multiplayer games with ease, until now. It is freaking BROKEN.

Well I still have a feeling the Wii U's games may be an exception.

Im optimistic I won't have to pay 79.99 for Xenonblade

All games on the Xbox store went up from $59 to $69. At least buying digital still saves $10. Witcher 3 was 59 up until a few days ago. Now its at 69 :(

I'd bet you'll only have to pay $69.99 when all's said and done for Xenoblade. You can pre-order it on Amazon for $64.99 right now, but for only $5 you might as well take the wait and see approach.

not sure why people still think this way

DLC has almost nothing to do with the base game it just adds to it i can list 100's of games with dlc that are perfectly playable without paying for DLC

for PC user's there are options like g2a and cdkey.com( this one i found from ign deals email)

nah he's right. It's more like this:

aArZA6L_700b.jpg

The problem I have with video games these days is:

1. They're expensive as hell.

2. The take up so much memory. Seriously, GTA V is 60 gigabytes.

As of today the Xbox one is expandable to two terrabytes.

Sorry it was the 360 that just had the update

As of today the Xbox one is expandable to two terrabytes.

False. Xbox One can support up to 2 external HDD's at once regardless of size. My Xbox One has a 4 TB hard drive, and i also have a 1.5 TB HDD that can stack on top of the 4 TB. I use the small one for my laptop since 4 TB is more than enough.

I also know the PS4 has some way to upgrade the memory internally as well, but I'm not sure how that works. I only buy exclusives I want for it so the 500gb should last me a while.

False. Xbox One can support up to 2 external HDD's at once regardless of size. My Xbox One has a 4 TB hard drive, and i also have a 1.5 TB HDD that can stack on top of the 4 TB. I use the small one for my laptop since 4 TB is more than enough.

I also know the PS4 has some way to upgrade the memory internally as well, but I'm not sure how that works. I only buy exclusives I want for it so the 500gb should last me a while.

Yeah you just swap out the hard drive and pop in the higher one on the PS4.

Archived