The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers 7PM Jan 27th

Alex the Great

My argument was: If our primary scoring starts happening we will go for a deep playoff run. You are stating a fact and an opinion that argue against their chances of a deep playoff run without primary scoring. Which is precisely the reason for 4 wins in 12 games. Yet, they are still in playoff position with only secondary scoring for their recent "struggles".

Common sense is often lost on some of these folks .. I, for one, agree

Am I the only one that actually likes Schroeder?

Not at all, I like him and think he will be a good NHLer if he can stay healthy.

People just expect all of our prospects to be Sidney Crosby's or John Tavares' type players. When in fact that's not the norm, and it's normal for players to take until 23/24 to make an impact in the NHL.

And the way we bring our prospects up, they will never put up the points as other young kids on different teams. We bring our young guys up and play them in defensive roles, not strictly offensive roles. People need to realize that.

Once everyone is healthy, I would like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Santorelli

Booth - Schroeder - Kassian

Sestito - Richardson - Hansen

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Santorelli

Ladd - Schroeder - Kassian

Sestito - Richardson - Hansen

:)

my argument, in short, is that this teams primary scoring almost certainly won't start happening with any regularity, and even if it did, it wouldn't be enough to make this team compete with the best in the league.

Ok good, and why won't it make them compete with the best in the league. Lets build off that.

Booth and a prospect for Ladd? Would anyone be up for that?

If that prospect is Gaunce I will personally head down to Rogers Arena and build a statue of Gillis if he pulls that off. With Byfuglien as a forward now I'd easily do Edler, Booth, Gaunce, and a 2nd for Ladd.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Ladd - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Santorelli

Anyone else notice how often the referees interfere with Luongo's outlet pass along the boards to his D-man? Practically every time. Gheez! Get-out-of-the-freakin'-way of the puck zebras...it's a predictable play. It's almost like the Oilers are playin' wirh an extra fore-checker out there.

Archived