The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-OTT, Defense Swap

I feel that the players coming to our system would excel, as does the players I proposed to Ottawa.

Edler Karlsson

Methot Ceci

Phillips Corvo

Borowiecki Weber

Hamhuis Tanev

Cowan Bieksa

Wiercioch Garrison

Stanton Gryba

The players going would excel in Paul McLean's system. Edler would get good PP time with Karlsson. Weber would help their PP and play along side Methot or Phillips.

Wiercioch, Cowan and Gryba would excel un Tortorella's system of a more defensive and shot blocking system. Wiercioch has potential of being a great PP guy too.

I feel that the players coming to our system would excel, as does the players I proposed to Ottawa.

Edler Karlsson

Methot Ceci

Phillips Corvo

Borowiecki Weber

Hamhuis Tanev

Cowan Bieksa

Wiercioch Garrison

Stanton Gryba

The players going would excel in Paul McLean's system. Edler would get good PP time with Karlsson. Weber would help their PP and play along side Methot or Phillips.

Wiercioch, Cowan and Gryba would excel un Tortorella's system of a more defensive and shot blocking system. Wiercioch has potential of being a great PP guy too.

Great proposal. Brings youth and massive size to the blue line. All Canadian too.

The Canucks would be harder to play against after this trade.

I like this trade but I'm not sure why the Senators would do it.

I think they do it because McLean likes to incorporate a lot more offense from his defense. Players like Cowan and Gryba don't particularly fit that bill while Edler and Weber can a lot more.

Wiercioch has been a 7th dman and healthy scratch more than a few times this season, so a defense prospect plus pick for him would be fair in my opinion.

Archived