The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets JAN 31st 5:30

Alex the Great

I dont care how its done anymore, the process whatever just earn the W.

Me too.

Rent a bulldozer, drive it out onto the ice, run everyone down flat into pancakes, jump out, throw the puck into the net and cheer. 1-0 for us we win.

I don't care at this point either. Don't make it pretty, make it count.

Eddie lack in net tonight according to Vancouver Canucks Twitter.

Great. So my wife and I are getting decked out in our Canucks gear, up against the glass tonight, to see a team without Henrik, Bieksa, Tanev, and Luongo on the bench. This will be a great game. Will be hard for me and my wife to cheer for the Canucks when the Jets are skating around them.

Great. So my wife and I are getting decked out in our Canucks gear, up against the glass tonight, to see a team without Henrik, Bieksa, Tanev, and Luongo on the bench. This will be a great game. Will be hard for me and my wife to cheer for the Canucks when the Jets are skating around them.

Wow, +1 for positivity.

The Canucks will win this one. Go Canucks Go!

Guys stop being negative. I know it's really frustrating, this team is playing bad right now. But that doesn't mean we have to start jumping off roof tops. After just recently moving to Saudi Arabia from Canada and visiting Pakistan (my home country), I realized there are a billion other things to cry of be sad about. The poverty, depression, sadness, and overall pain is nothing compared to what we cry over for in North America, I know most of you guys are just writing extreme and sarcastically on CDC, but please think about this. I have faith in the Canucks, I'm a homer and a die hard fan, I wake up in the middle of the night to Canucks game here in K.S.A. Inshallah things will work out for the Canucks. :)

Guys stop being negative. I know it's really frustrating, this team is playing bad right now. But that doesn't mean we have to start jumping off roof tops. After just recently moving to Saudi Arabia from Canada and visiting Pakistan (my home country), I realized there are a billion other things to cry of be sad about. The poverty, depression, sadness, and overall pain is nothing compared to what we cry over for in North America, I know most of you guys are just writing extreme and sarcastically on CDC, but please think about this. I have faith in the Canucks, I'm a homer and a die hard fan, I wake up in the middle of the night to Canucks game here in K.S.A. Inshallah things will work out for the Canucks. :)

thanks for the prayers we really need it.

Honestly, I have no idea what kind of game this will be.

The Canucks could get blessed by the hockey gods with an infusion of puck luck and break out with a high scoring game. They could also finally get on track in their own zone and stop with the own-goals, botched clearances, and defensive breakdowns.

I still have some faith left that this team can, at least partially, right the ship and play better hockey on a consistent basis.

That said, they could also get embarrassed again tonight.

Whatever happens, even if the Canucks continue to struggle to score goals, I want to see the team bring a better work ethic tonight. I've been really frustrated lately with how this team responds in loose puck situations. I can't remember the last time I've seen this group outwork an opposing team for loose pucks.

I'm also tired of watching Canuck players standing still in their own zone waiting for the puck to come to them and just watching it glide along the boards while an opposition player (usually starting from a worse position) works hard to claim the ice and grab the puck before it reaches the stationary Canuck. There have been so many times when the opposition has been able to extend their offensive zone time because the Canucks seem disinterested in working for possession, clearing the zone, and starting their own breakout.

I don't want to scream at the TV tonight.

I hate not scoring goals but I can deal with it. Watching the guys get outworked is much harder to take.

Especially when their best players are all mired in scoring slumps and when their roster is depleted by injuries.

These are the times when teams need to rely on hard work to make-up for a lack of skill and offensive potency.

It really seems like the Canucks haven't been a hard-working team for quite a few weeks now.

Even guys who normally bring a solid work ethic seem to be struggling to find their motivation. How many times have we seen guys up their game after making a bad mistake early in a shift (and then they "erase" their mistake by making a couple good plays near the end of that shift). Obviously, when motivated by the embarrassment of a bad play, they can somehow find the effort to make up for the earlier mistake and finish their shifts extra strong. So why not just play the entire shift that way?

I'd love to hear some Canucks players described by the broadcasters as "looking like a man possessed." Haven't heard that one in a while.

Remember when that used to be a tired, old cliché on this team? Seems so long ago...

Some "beast mode" shifts would be nice as well.

If the Canucks can just manage to outwork the Jets tonight (and the next few opponents on the schedule), I can live with whatever happens on the scoreboard.

As tough as it is to watch boring, low-scoring hockey, it's 100X worse to watch a team that doesn't put on their "hardhats" and bring a strong work ethic when they're struggling to score goals and make plays.

IMHO at least, this team (other than a small scattering of individual examples) is not working anywhere near hard enough on any kind of a consistent basis through 60 minutes. This needs to change--and hopefully it changes tonight.

[/RANT]

Archived