The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

Oh they'd HAVE to offer more.

Gotta know that Kesler alone is worth a 1st and a blue chip prospect, Edler is worth a 1st and a blue chip prospect.

Top pairing D men under decent contracts and top 6 winger/center players with Selke trophies under the age of 30 do not hit the market like ever and every team in the league would come calling

Johansen is already a 30 goal 60 point center and he's only 21. He's also from BC so he'd love playing here. Murray is a soon to be stud defenceman who will get about 25 points this year. He`s also only 20 so both players have tons of room to grow.

The difference between Kes and Johansen is the defensive ability. Since Johansen is so young I think that counters out (Johansen will be better offensively).

Murray right now is basically just as good as Edler.

Johansen is already a 30 goal 60 point center and he's only 21. He's also from BC so he'd love playing here. Murray is a soon to be stud defenceman who will get about 25 points this year. He`s also only 20 so both players have tons of room to grow.

Exactly, if they offer that package , you don't just accept, you send them flowers in the mail.

This from the guy with a 20 kesler jersey

Gotta know that Kesler alone is worth a 1st and a blue chip prospect, Edler is worth a 1st and a blue chip prospect.

Top pairing D men under decent contracts and top 6 winger/center players with Selke trophies under the age of 30 do not hit the market like ever and every team in the league would come calling

I like all the posts about this trade- I am not sure what the value would be, bu CBJ has sucked for a long time and they are giving up their top 2 prospects - both of which are having comparable seasons to the ones our guys are having. That being said, this is a down year for elder who has been an all star, an olympian, has loads of playoff experience.

Kesler is a better two way forward than Johanssen, and lets not over look a very important factor: the difference in competition between the east and the west - last year Johanssen had a junk year in the west and I doubt he would have all those points if he played day in day out against LA, SJS, STL, ANA, CHI...

Kesler and edler are signed to very very reasonable contracts thanks to MG so I think this trade makes sense for both sides, CBJ gets better now and with fubinsky, horton and gaborik, kesler and atkinson they start to have the semblance of a top 6 that has grit and skill and 2 way play

open to all your suggestions

alternatively if we want to 're-tool'

I do think an edler + - for ROR could be a game changer and then a second side deal dor a dman

Edler Hansen jensen for ROR + 3rd - not sure why colorado would say no to this, they get a solid prospect with size, a top 3 D man who will mesh nicely with all their young players, and they unload a big cap hit. Plus Hansen gives them good depth

Corrado + schroeder+Grenier for Girardi (resigned)

this is a retool - on average we do not get younger, but we change the dynamic of our team

keser ROR kassian

Sedin sedin Burrows

Higgins Horvat Santo

Sestito Richardsson Lain

Hammer Girardi

Garrison Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Luongo

Lack

now that team is competitive in the present and in the future

I really like this line up - what do you guys think?

I think the trade I purposed is more than fair for CBJ, we give them a 1st and Jensen and Johansen is so young that we do not know what direction he will go - this is just one good season for him

Don't say NTC.....Kesler played in Ohio for years. Michigan is a short drive. Columbus and Detroit are the two most logical places for Kesler

did my image not show up for anyone else?

i posted a picture of rj umberger.

Him and Petan being chosen so closely, I keep forgetting the Peg took him, sadly I spend mroe time looking at Columbus than I do the peg, much more intriguing team this year

But I still retain the stance that Johansen and a 1st or Rychel and Wennberg would be fair value return for Kesler

Johansen and a 1st for Kesler? Don't be silly. Johansen is going nowhere, let alone with a 1st rounder. Kid has turned the corner this year, no chance of prying him away from CBJ

He's a 4th line center at best. Manny had wheels, 3rd line checking centers have speed. Sending Gaustad in to forecheck or expecting him to back check is a large part of the reason Nashville is suffering so badly on their bottom 6.

And I am not Biased, I am stating very clearly Hansen to the right team is worth a 1st round pick.

This isn't an argument it is a statement of fact. At the deadline there are teams who will give up a 1st round pick in the 20-30 spot for a guy like Hansen. No bias, just reality. Teams overpay at the deadline.

but again, totally disregard the fact I said a couple of 2nd round picks or a 2nd and 3rd is more realistic

Four line centers don't have cap hits of over 3 million. Your extremely overvalue Hansen and way undervaluing Gaustad.

Even still Gaustad getting traded for a 1st wasn't a good deal for NSH, Gaustad has more value than Hansen, definitely a better playoff utility player than hansen

He's a 4th line center at best. Manny had wheels, 3rd line checking centers have speed. Sending Gaustad in to forecheck or expecting him to back check is a large part of the reason Nashville is suffering so badly on their bottom 6.

And I am not Biased, I am stating very clearly Hansen to the right team is worth a 1st round pick.

This isn't an argument it is a statement of fact. At the deadline there are teams who will give up a 1st round pick in the 20-30 spot for a guy like Hansen. No bias, just reality. Teams overpay at the deadline.

but again, totally disregard the fact I said a couple of 2nd round picks or a 2nd and 3rd is more realistic

Stating a 'fact' about Hansen retrieving a first rounder, then lessening your stance by saying a 2nd/3rd is more realistic, doesn't exactly make you sound too confident with your 'fact'.

Just a note to everyone regarding Emerson Etem. In 2010 we traded for Ballard, which meant we gave up our 25th overall pick in the first round. Etem was on the board and later taken, as you know, by Anaheim. One justification for the trade of the pick in the Ballard deal was that the Canuck scouts/management didn't feel their guys were still available (one of which was thought to be Tinordi).

So we made that deal cause we didn't like what was left - and a few of the next players taken were:

• Evgeny Kuznetsov
  • Charlie Coyle
  • Emerson Etem

Good times :(

Four line centers don't have cap hits of over 3 million. Your extremely overvalue Hansen and way undervaluing Gaustad.

Even still Gaustad getting traded for a 1st wasn't a good deal for NSH, Gaustad has more value than Hansen, definitely a better playoff utility player than hansen

You....have seen Gaustad play since 2007 thorugh 2009 right?

So have Kesler and Ladd, but doesn't stop people from proposing Ladd come to the team

not the same kind of hatred.

kesler and umberger is off ice hatred, kesler and ladd is competitive on ice hatred.

kesler played a role in umberger being shipped out of vancouver.

Archived