The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

Peverley can step in as a 2c, and he's played 2c before. One of the best 3c's in the league, up there with Vermette.

I know his history, but to seriously consider Peverly on the same level as Kesler is kind of skewed a little.

Crosby type centers, Kesler type centers, Peverly type centers and then Richardson type centers. That is the natural slide for talent. If Kesler didn't have that injury history the point would be rather moot.

Again not a Kesler fan but the guy can change games. He is still a capable 1st line winger or 2nd line center.

But he is not worth a prospect?

I understand that Drouin has an incredible skill set but come on. Even Mckinnon is producing at the NHL level, Drouin could step on the ice and Daigle in 2 seasons. Kesler will help carry a solid team to a championship if he's healthy.

You cannot compare the two in terms of value

I know his history, but to seriously consider Peverly on the same level as Kesler is kind of skewed a little.

We are saying the difference in skill between Peverley and Kesler is the same difference as Drouin and Horvat. If you think Kesler is worth Drouin then you would love trading Horvat for Peverley.

We are saying the difference in skill between Peverley and Kesler is the same difference as Drouin and Horvat. If you think Kesler is worth Drouin then you would love trading Horvat for Peverley.

But we don't need a peverly type player, nor do we need another Horvat type player in our system. Drouin would be intriguing. But Tampa could 100% use and compete till the end of time with a Kesler in their system

Giving up guys like Kesler Edler for younger players will make us a good team in the FUTURE which would mean we would not make the playoffs and be weaker for this year playoffs and techienally throw the season away. If gillis had the balls like LA to pull a Jeff carter type trade then we could complete but he won't so we will contuine to suck.

Crosby type centers, Kesler type centers, Peverly type centers and then Richardson type centers. That is the natural slide for talent. If Kesler didn't have that injury history the point would be rather moot.

Again not a Kesler fan but the guy can change games. He is still a capable 1st line winger or 2nd line center.

But he is not worth a prospect?

I understand that Drouin has an incredible skill set but come on. Even Mckinnon is producing at the NHL level, Drouin could step on the ice and Daigle in 2 seasons. Kesler will help carry a solid team to a championship if he's healthy.

You cannot compare the two in terms of value

interesting that you mention alexandre daigle.

daigle: 616 gp 129 g 198 a 327 p

kesler: 633 gp 175 g 209 a 384 p

hmm.

are you trying to sat that is close?

a 60 point difference in less than 20 games? plus daigle played before the dead puck era

actually, daigle played IN the dead puck era, whereas kesler played after it.

and that point difference amounts to 0.6 ppg vs 0.53 ppg. sure, it's a difference, bit really it's only a difference of 60 points over 600 games, which is what, about 8 points per season? and kesler has had he luxury of playing on far better teams.

interesting that you mention alexandre daigle.

daigle: 616 gp 129 g 198 a 327 p

kesler: 633 gp 175 g 209 a 384 p

hmm.

Daigle highly touted as the next great one the Gretzky replacement by and large the #1 overall pick in the last 3 drafts the kid is a natural a surefire bet cannot miss all that talent. Picked ahead of Pronger Neidermeyer, Kariya, Bertuzzi Dead marsh and Koivu. 137 points in 53 games in the QMJHL.

Kesler, picked 23rd ahead of Richards and Perry? Targeted as a 3rd line center at best....yes I can see the comparison.

Kesler IS productive. Drouin could bust as easily as boom. That si why I question why people say such foolish things as Kesler si nto worth a prospect 1 to 1

Daigle highly touted as the next great one the Gretzky replacement by and large the #1 overall pick in the last 3 drafts the kid is a natural a surefire bet cannot miss all that talent. Picked ahead of Pronger Neidermeyer, Kariya, Bertuzzi Dead marsh and Koivu. 137 points in 53 games in the QMJHL.

Kesler, picked 23rd ahead of Richards and Perry? Targeted as a 3rd line center at best....yes I can see the comparison.

Kesler IS productive. Drouin could bust as easily as boom. That si why I question why people say such foolish things as Kesler si nto worth a prospect 1 to 1

don't worry, i know what you meant. my point was merely that to "daigle" means to disappoint while producing at roughly the same rate as kesler, the same player whose value you're espousing so vigorously.

Heres the thing its not that the value is there its why does Tampa do it? If they wanted an impact player would they not of traded the 3rd overall pick instead? No they drafted Drouin they want him and will keep him barring a major overpayment and we don't want to overpay for the guy

don't worry, i know what you meant. my point was merely that to "daigle" means to disappoint while producing at roughly the same rate as kesler, the same player whose value you're espousing so vigorously.

I get it don't worry I think we are just arguing over semantics at this point.

But in comparison if someone is offering Richards, Lucic, Carter, Parise, Sharp for Horvat does Gillis take it? A genuine game breaking top 6 player that can win you playoff rounds and a possible cup to offset the team we have in place now.

If Yzerman (who has seen Kelser play against team Canada in 2 Olympics by the end of this season) doesn't take stock of a team comprised of Stamkos St Louis and Kesler as a 1st line for simply Drouin and make that trade. He is not doing his job.

Daigle was voted one of the league's top-three defensive forwards in the league three years in a row?

I've never even seen Alexander Daigle on the Selke ballot, let alone engraved on the trophy itself...

Daigle was voted one of the league's top-three defensive forwards in the league three years in a row?

I've never even seen Alexander Daigle on the Selke ballot, let alone engraved on the trophy itself...

who's comparing their defensive ability?

Archived