The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

Kesler is the heart and sole of the Canucks. Without him matching against top lines we are a bottom feeder.

Yzerman wanted Drouin bad. The tandem of Stamkos and Drouin will keep them in the hunt for the next 7-10 yrs. 2013 had 4 players that have franchise potential. As good as Kesler is he won't nab you Drouin.

Typically a bird in the hand should be worth two in the bush.

you were mistaken.

My mistake then, I must have completely misunderstood this comment:

don't worry, i know what you meant. my point was merely that to "daigle" means to disappoint while producing at roughly the same rate as kesler, the same player whose value you're espousing so vigorously.

So Gillis pretty much knows that we can't compete with the top teams in the west, but he's not giving up?

Give it up MG. Trade 2 of Edler/burrows/Hansen like you should've done earlier.

Higgins and Edler to the Isles (Higgins is from NY, happy to go home Im sure)

Strome, a pick and Martin....start there

The worst portion of this report is that the Sedins aren't available. They are the most disappointing players on the team. They have loads of talent and vision, but zero guts or grit. The fact that they are the leaders on this team is an abysmal fact. They are so easy to push off the puck it's embarrassing.

Much like the pathetic defense Gillis has tried to sell as league leading. There is not one player in the top four that's a difference maker. Hamhuis is the best of the bunch but still makes blind passes and neutral zone errors that should have kept him off the Olympic roster.

Bieksa? He's a local celebrity and a tough guy but a chronically inept turnover machine.

Edler has flashes of brillance but has zero vision relying on others to lead him.

Garrison? Outside of his super cool shot, he's useless. Weak on the puck and horrible in his own end.

Tanev, Stanton, and Corrado are very good but could use a true mentor.

The forward lines have Gillis' inept fingerprints all over them.

The only players that should be kept are: Luongo, Kesler, Santorelli, Lack, Burrows, Kassian, Tanev, Stanton, Lain, and Richardson. These are players that actually care and demonstrate any kind of urgency.

To keep the Sedins and have them groom and mentor the new wave of players is the worst possible idea. They will never bring a Stanley Cup here. They lack the physical ability to compete, which has been proven in the last three seasons. Gillis' idea to "retool" around then truly displays his irrelevance and signals the return of the Dark Ages to Canucks hockey.

i doubt kesler will be traded. the asking price will be astronomical.

edler, well i could easily see a move there. Im still hoping for Emerson Etem as part of the return package.

Lui hasnt been brought up in any rumors ive seen, but I wonder if a GM or two will come knocking. Im guessing that after the olympics and the Miller sweeps ends (reportedly between STL and NYI....and Buf), that he could generate some interest. Hed look awfully good in STL.

id think there might be interest in a few other players, but it really depends if Gillis will take 2nd and 3rd rounders for players like Hansen, Higgins, and Burrows, unless they were to become part of a package.

I think we'll see one major deadline move. But I think the draft will be the spot for some more significant movement.

I could see Kesler going to Anaheim. Would love to get Etem or Silfverberg back + one of their good d-prospects (Vatenen maybe)

Etem + Vatenen + 1st would be perfect.

Kesler would be insane on their second line or with Perry and Getz

Then you can just give the Ducks the cup with th offensive depth the have especially at the center position

WOW. If this isn't a game changer then I don't know what is for us.

For a bit I didn't think Gillis had the balls for this.

This is what's best.

Cheers, GO CANUCKS GO!!!

It isn't really proven that he has the balls until he actually does something.

Archived