The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Zodiac - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS - Sign-ups open

Master Radishes

For this game, we're going to do things a little differently. To celebrate the Chinese New Year, every player has been assigned a sign from the Chinese Zodiac (Horse, Rat, Ox, etc.) Every sign has a unique role associated with it (Sheriff, Doctor, Watcher, etc.) These roles are not revealed publicly, but you can be assured that A) everyone has one, even the members of the Triad, and B ) that means there are 1-3 people with each of the 12 different roles in the game. (Exact numbers not revealed either.)

It was never specified in the rules or the PM that I can see.

Kinda feel like we should be voting you out first...

And? Where does it say there that mafia and TP can share roles?

I guess it doesn't specifically say that they can, but it definitely seems to me that it was implied and thats how I read it. If they aren't any shared roles, then the mafia having 9-10 people will have at least 4 mafia specific role - having more then 1 KP or nurse or Lackey seems a bit OP to me, so I'm banking on at least some roles being shared...

Any mafia rabbits out there want to confirm it for us ?

I guess it doesn't specifically say that they can, but it definitely seems to me that it was implied and thats how I read it. If they aren't any shared roles, then the mafia having 9-10 people will have at least 4 mafia specific role - having more then 1 KP or nurse or Lackey seems a bit OP to me, so I'm banking on at least some roles being shared...

Any mafia rabbits out there want to confirm it for us ?

I agree that it makes sense that there should be shared roles now that I think of it. I just assumed there weren't when I read the rules.

Dragons, PM me. We can get something going.

I was hashing over the rules with MR to make sure I understand it all before posting here. I am only a new girl, after all. I know little of the ways.

Odd that MR is responding to your PMs about questions... but not mine :P

Did they investigate you?

No they didn't... (rookie mistake?) hence me asking them to investigate me first.....

Seems like a waste of investigations. What happens if the Mafia target Dral?

thats why I ask for a doctor to save me... you should know that :P

He could easily be lying about his role and not the sign. Maybe both.

And if he isn't mafia, then there's an alliance that could be set up between him and the sheriff. Not much to go on right now but hey, it's still something in the wee hours of the first round. I'm counting on better stuff to pop up as the round progresses

considering its a pretty weak role, odds are there's more then one of us... so lying like that would be a pretty quick way to get myself killed...

suspicious post in general :P

Archived