The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings 03/02/2014

iCanucksLover

"I apologize first and foremost to the players, to the organization and to the league. It hasn't been a great two weeks" - Tortorella

"We had meetings this morning, we have a long list of things we need to improve at. We need to start over on the mental side" - Tortorella

"We're off the rails on a lot of different aspects. Every aspect of our game is off. This team can and will play the right way" - Tortorella

"We've let a lot of teams back into the picture here, we've got a job to do and we're going to face it head on" - Tortorella

"I didn't help matters for this team and we're in a tough spot right now. It's up to me to do my job and get this team back" - Tortorella

"You get lost sometimes, we need to take a look at the details. We won't win every game, but we need to at least play the right way" - Torts

Lets get Booth some easy minutes to bump his trade value? :bigblush:

Booth / Kesler / Higgins The AmEx line

Danny / Schroeder / Kassian

Burrows / Richardson / Hansen Hey Burr ain't scoring and this will be HARD to play against

Sestito / Dalpe / Lain

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Corrado

Stanton Weber (is Weber playing???) Alternately Sauve

D lineup not as bad as I thought!

Go Canucks Go!

Lets get Booth some easy minutes to bump his trade value? :bigblush:

Booth / Kesler / Higgins The AmEx line

Danny / Schroeder / Kassian

Burrows / Richardson / Hansen Hey Burr ain't scoring and this will be HARD to play against

Sestito / Dalpe / Lain

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Corrado

Stanton Weber (is Weber playing???) Alternately Sauve

D lineup not as bad as I thought!

Go Canucks Go!

richardson and weber out

hank and sauve in

Prior to returning to the bench tonight in Detroit, Vancouver Canucks Head Coach John Tortorella spoke with reporters for the first time since his 15-day suspension came to an end.

Plenty of accountability in that post.

About improving our defensive play. "We don't need to be too intellectual about this, its right there in front of our face.!" Mentioned that we had forgotten how too play defense, but also mentioned that he had seen this team play defense before, very well!

Torts looks focussed, and on track with that part of our game plan! I think we'll come out playing hard, and be ok.

Didn't seem as confident in commenting on fixing the PP, perhaps brushed past it?

Archived