The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 2 Trades including core players

This team needs a shake up. We need to get younger and create some what of a new identity. With these trades we would get younger for sure and still have some juice with some newer vets also while letting go some major pieces that can net us a big return potentially.

How about Edler for Franzen, Mantha, 1st (2014), and

Kesler, Hansen for Strome, 1st (2015), Vanek.

Assuming Kesler would waive his NTC. Strome has not proven anything at the NHL level yet, the 1st(2015) is unknown and its uncertain if the pick will ever materialize into anything decent, and Vanek may just be a rental. A lot of IF'S there to give up a selke winning, Olympian, star centerman. Although if Vanek did sign with us and the other two worked out it would be an awesome return.

Same goes for Edler, Olympian, Allstar team defenceman. Mantha hasn't proven anything at the NHL level, the 1st(2014) is mid range at best, and Franzen is a cap dump.

We would be taking the bigger risks here, but could also net the higher return potentially. Its a high risk high reward. Is this a fair assesement? Do the trades seem fair?

Possible future line up next year

Daniel Henrick Vanek

Burrows Schroeder Kassian

Higgins Santo Franzen

Sestito Lain Richie

Future Prospects forward group:

Shinkaruk Strome Mantha :shock:

Fox Horvat Jensen :frantic:

Cassels Gaunce Grenier

Plus the two first rounders and some of our other prospects.

NYI I think for them to accept, we would probably have to give up our 1st instead of them giving theirs, specially their 2015 one.

DET No way Edler is worth 2x 1st rounder (specially with Mantha playing like a top 5 overall), even if it means getting rid of a bad contarct like Franzen

Mantha's value is at it's highest right now so I wouldn't trade for him until we see him play at the next level, he probably will be easier to get because his defense will get exposed.

I would do the Kesler trade if there was a clause where if Vanek didn't resign we got there 1st and 2nd 2015. but I would drop Hansen from the trade and add one of our B prospects.

Kesler>Vanek= 1st 2nd plus the difference between Strome and our B prospect.

Strome>Van Bprospect

Snow is used to being fleeced though so we could probably get some ridiculous value.

Or how about,

To NYI:

Kesler

Hansen

Edler

Joaquin

To Van:

Strome

Reinhart

Vanek

1st (2015)

Provided Kes and Eddy would waive their NTC's, and Vanek sign with us in a perfect world :)

This would be pretty sweet, & Snow may have painted himself into a corner(thus, dealing with a weak hand). I'd even add a young D(like Corrado), & include Lack instead(if they insisted). NYI need some returning youth, to match up with their potential trajectory.

I heard old Rhino in a between-periods interview, some months back,(loved how he played the game in the '80s). He sounded a humble, wise ol' hockey Dad. With his boys gaining his hockey genes, & laid-back wisdom, I'd LOVE to land one or two of those kids.

I see these two teams as Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers!

This team needs a shake up. We need to get younger and create some what of a new identity. With these trades we would get younger for sure and still have some juice with some newer vets also while letting go some major pieces that can net us a big return potentially.

How about Edler for Franzen, Mantha, 1st (2014), and

Kesler, Hansen for Strome, 1st (2015), Vanek.

Assuming Kesler would waive his NTC. Strome has not proven anything at the NHL level yet, the 1st(2015) is unknown and its uncertain if the pick will ever materialize into anything decent, and Vanek may just be a rental. A lot of IF'S there to give up a selke winning, Olympian, star centerman. Although if Vanek did sign with us and the other two worked out it would be an awesome return.

Same goes for Edler, Olympian, Allstar team defenceman. Mantha hasn't proven anything at the NHL level, the 1st(2014) is mid range at best, and Franzen is a cap dump.

We would be taking the bigger risks here, but could also net the higher return potentially. Its a high risk high reward. Is this a fair assesement? Do the trades seem fair?

Possible future line up next year

Daniel Henrick Vanek

Burrows Schroeder Kassian

Higgins Santo Franzen

Sestito Lain Richie

Future Prospects forward group:

Shinkaruk Strome Mantha :shock:

Fox Horvat Jensen :frantic:

Cassels Gaunce Grenier

Plus the two first rounders and some of our other prospects.

Vanek? No thanks, we aren't trading Kesler for the enigmatic Vanek that is soon to be a UFA.

IF Islander want Kesler, they better start with Nelson and Strome.

Or how about,

To NYI:

Kesler

Hansen

Edler

Joaquin

To Van:

Strome

Reinhart

Vanek

1st (2015)

Provided Kes and Eddy would waive their NTC's, and Vanek sign with us in a perfect world :)

Wow...Kesler, Edler and Hansen? Are you kidding me? Vanek is a UFA, so there goes his trade value. So essentially its 2 unknown commodities and a 1st for Kesler (signed long term at good cap hit), Edler (signed long term) and Hansen.

A big fat no to that. IF they want Kesler and Edler, they would need to give up Strome, Reinhart, Nelson or Okposo. I probably trade Kesler, Edler and Hansen if they gave us Strome, Reinhart and Kyle Okposo.

the edler trade is a good one. I would do that any day and I think it is a fair trade. The only problem is that Anthony Mantha is playing so well. Dude is playing like he would be a top 5 overall pick if he wasn’t in such a star powered draft class. People forget what caliber player Edler is. If you take out the first round pick, I think that it is a plenty fair deal. 40-50 point dmen don’t grow on trees.

Archived