The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh wow, if Kapanen is Datsyuk, then yes please! Oh wait, he's not. So I guess he'll still be out of the top 6? Yup.

Can you read? His argument is that Kapanen will never be able to win a puck battle in the NHL though there is absolutely zero reason why he can't.

More names then?

Adam Deadmarsh

Jere Lehtinen

Andrew Brunette

Daniel Paille

Alex Burrows

Daniel Audette

(the list goes on and on and on.....)

I guess these players have NEVER won puck battles.

Just like you compare Ritchie to Kassian/Lucic/Shanahan? It doesn't mean anything either, he could also be nothing more than minor league fodder when all is said and done. Lol.

Difference is Ritchie looks more promising in his Junior career than any other player his size ever has,

The list of small fast 40 goal scorers is endless for Ehlers,

Difference is Ritchie looks more promising in his Junior career than any other player his size ever has,

The list of small fast 40 goal scorers is endless for Ehlers,

You realize that Ritchie is a 6'3" 230 pound player playing against a lot of very young undeveloped kids, while Kapanen and Nylander are playing in a mens league, right?

Are you here to annoy people, or are you honestly 12-13?

Can you read? His argument is that Kapanen will never be able to win a puck battle in the NHL though there is absolutely zero reason why he can't.

More names then?

Adam Deadmarsh

Jere Lehtinen

Andrew Brunette

Daniel Paille

Alex Burrows

Daniel Audette

(the list goes on and on and on.....)

I guess these players have NEVER won puck battles.

Donald Audette?

No, I don't think he won many puck battles.

Brunette wasn't exactly great at that aspect either. He was magic once he got it but he asn't the best forechecker. I fact, he usually had a rough time keeping up with the play.

You realize that Ritchie is a 6'3" 230 pound player playing against a lot of very young undeveloped kids, while Kapanen and Nylander are playing in a mens league, right?

Ritchie isn't being carried by his size at all, watch a game.

And those Euro leagues have dale Weise scoring at a 3ppg pace chump

theres a huge difference between juniors and nhl! theres 15 year old kids play 20 year old kids think of how much you develop when you where 15 by the time you were 20! theres very few people that jump right into the league and have huge impact they just need to draft a skilled player that can address there scoring ill bet most of the prospects won't make it next year either i would rather have them work on things in the minors then get eating alive by the men and have there confidence dwindled i hope they keep developing players or get lucky with a super start that blows it up in training camp

Yup, Kapanen is great at doing those things, strengths in his game.

These aren't valid points against what Herbets said.

He doesn't know much about Kapanen.

Not against Burns. The skills to create offense and chances are possessed by every top 10 pick. Ritchie can actually engage in a puck battle against an NHLer

Kapanen can't, that is a universal law.

Poking the puck out of corners and having strong control of the puck with possession does not translate from Juniour and Euro leagues into an NHL playoff series.

Stick checking goes from about twice a play to 10 times a play into the NHL. That speed he has is about half as effective against a professional d core.

Size and the ability to physically push people out of the way translates better than what Kapanen is doing now.

He can't take pucks out of the corner? Come on, anybody can do that no matter what height.

You're acting like you've seen Kapanen play.

He doesn't know much about Kapanen.

He can't take pucks out of the corner? Come on, anybody can do that no matter what side.

You're acting like you've seen Kapanen play.

Gonna not respond when you can't even read

Poking the puck out of corners and having strong control of the puck with possession does not translate from Juniour and Euro leagues into an NHL playoff series.

I said he can't? Wut? I said it doesn't translate into the NHL as much as physicality can.

you people are not even reading what we wrote because your Kapanen boner is so huge

This.

And if Kapanen is already 6'0 180lbs and has played very well in a mens league, how are people saying that he is an undersized player that won't be able to win puck battles in the NHL. It makes no sense.

You honestly think being big doesn't help him play against undeveloped players? You're completely dodging the fact that Nylander and Kapanen are in mens-leagues too. Your argument holds no ground. Ritchie is talented, but being that big obviously helps your game when half the players you're playing against are very small. You don't even have to use your size exclusively for it to matter. He's playing against kids... Kids who can't knock him off the puck because they weigh 160 pounds.

The NHL is a whole different world, where even the smaller guys are very strong. I personally feel like Ritchies game will not translate to the NHL as well or as quickly as some people are expecting it to.

1. Dutch League is alot worse than Swedish/Finnish leagues.

2. Dale Weise is an NHL player.

3. Dale Weise would do just as good in a junior league.

1. Dutch League is alot worse than Swedish/Finnish leagues.

2. Dale Weise is an NHL player.

3. Dale Weise would do just as good in a junior league.

I laughed pretty hard at him trying to compare the Dutch league to the SM-Liiga or SHL.

I'm convinced he's just a horrible troll job now, if not it's very sad.

So many absolute statements being made….

We are dealing in probabilities here, gentlemen.

And not particularly high or reliable ones, either.

Nothing is guaranteed at all in the draft, I like to just assume that everyone here is speaking their opinion rather than absolutes... Unfortunately, I'm probably wrong.

Dale weise played in the netherlands haha you have no reason to be arguing on this site because clearly you have no idea what you are rambling on about...

IMO

Archived