The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO,You want warriors.The player with an edge.The player that in a tight playoff game plays the most minutes,and punishes the opposition.The player that as the battles of seven game series go on and players begin to wilt are relentless and dependable.When you find these players that can play on the top two lines it forces the other team to play their fourth line to match them physically.Those are the players you build around and win with.If you are playing the Sedins against the Brown line and he keeps hammering them with hits and they are getting injured what do you do as a coach?Kassian?Maybe put the fourth line out to go for a rip around the ice quickly and most likely become shorthanded?Dont underestimate edge and size and grit that can play top minutes as it is how you win this game.Trevor Linden used to lead the way in the playoffs not only by chipping in a goal,but by throwing three Solid forecheck hits every shift all game.

Huffman, a poster on hfboards, posted some of nylander's highlights

edit: he's #21

Confirmed that he should be passed on by us. Guy is an A-1 floater. Most offense comes on the powerplay against no-effort competition. Yuck.

Soooooo many better players will be available to us.

Even his daddy wasn't as big a floater as this kid. I doubt he ever gets a mark on his pretty, girl-like face.

Confirmed that he should be passed on by us. Guy is an A-1 floater. Most offense comes on the powerplay against no-effort competition. Yuck.

Even his daddy wasn't as big a floater as this kid. I doubt he ever gets a mark on his pretty, girl-like face.

Again, I have never seen you post a positive comment about any prospect

Yeah, couldn't described Nylander any better even though well he is the best player im the U18 tournament.

He plays mens, does not too bad and then kills competition against kids his own age.

Listening to some others' scouting reports.. how Jake Virtanen could be compared to a guy like Jeff Carter - that just excites me. Then I heard how he's not the most consistent guy with his physical attributes... I'm not sure anymore.

Don't think we can go wrong with Kapanen/Nylander either... would love the Mike Modano prototype in Draistl though.

Nylander is far too small (weight and height) to be drafted 6th. The odds of him being a top 6 forward in the NHL is around 15-20%. If he wants to get drafted in the top 10 he will need to have a very good showing at the draft combine.

He will grow, all kids grow. He's 5'11 which isn't "small." I think he'll touch 6'1 190 pounds.

Listening to some others' scouting reports.. how Jake Virtanen could be compared to a guy like Jeff Carter - that just excites me. Then I heard how he's not the most consistent guy with his physical attributes... I'm not sure anymore.

Don't think we can go wrong with Kapanen/Nylander either... would love the Mike Modano prototype in Draistl though.

load of bull. how in any way is Virtanen like Jeff Carter, please tell me based upon what you have seen yourself..?

no two way game, just a bull that bulls his way through a bullish crowd of small defensemen that are like tiny bulls compared to that big bull Virtanen.

Not Jeff Carter. Think along the lines of a MUCH MUCH lesser Evander Kane. But without the Hockey-IQ.

Is this a joke? Have you ever seen a young Modano skate? Now, have you seen Draisaitl skate?

Completely different skaters.

Don't worry I saw you creaming yourself over virtanen, and anybody not named virtanen has glaring holes in their game that will prevent them from having success in the nhl

Wrong. Just the players with glaring holes in their game.

Archived