The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crosby getting special treatment..

TheRussianRocket.

Guest Gumballthechewy

[quote name='Apple Juice'

timestamp='1392715896' post='11975812']

And that's how legends are born. Known as an elite and superstar player, but comes up big when the team/country needs him the most.

Is Crosby the best? Does the fact that he is Canadian colour people's views?

How come the "best player in the world" is having such a tough time adapting.? Shouldn't adapting be easier for the "best" as compared to the rest of them.

Would Crosby still be considered the best if he played in the west? I don't think so. I believe the media and masses would focus on Toews.

YVMD

get off it. There's Crosby and then there's everyone else. I don't even know how that's arguable.

He's getting special treatment because he's the greatest player in the world, and if his offense can start, we'll be unbeatable.

That is pretty much the Penguins slogan every year. If anything I feel he has proven that even if he is the best player in the world no player is talented enough to put a team on that level.

In other words it's risky business breaking up other working functions of a team while other teams out their are only building more chemistry and are still a threat to Canada even if Sid is playing well.

"get off it. There's Crosby and then there's everyone else. I don't even know how that's arguable. "

It is arguable because it is an opinion. Sid gets a massive amount of press as an eastern based canadian guy. Most eastern media don't stay up to watch games in the west and form their opinion through the box scores.

IF he were not Canadian his press clippings would drop. If he was not in the east .......

Don't get me wrong, there is still room for him on my team, but not at 1st pick.

"get off it. There's Crosby and then there's everyone else. I don't even know how that's arguable. "

It is arguable because it is an opinion. Sid gets a massive amount of press as an eastern based canadian guy. Most eastern media don't stay up to watch games in the west and form their opinion through the box scores.

IF he were not Canadian his press clippings would drop. If he was not in the east .......

Don't get me wrong, there is still room for him on my team, but not at 1st pick.

who's better?

I can't stand Crosby, think he whines and cries to get his way BUT he is the best player in the NHL. He is a generational talent which currently has no peers. Ovie and Stamkos are better snipers, but he is the best all around player in the NHL. It pains me to admit it, but no one currently playing is on his level.

"Crosby carries his entire line, is entire team.

And yet they can't find someone for him to play with, even though he is surrounded by Canada' best forwards. Who is carrying who?

I have no issues with how Crosby has been playing, in fact I think he's been excellent. The thing that makes him so good is that he is the dominant offensive player in the world, but he is also an outstanding defensive player and when he's not producing, he's still an impact player. I'm not slagging the players you listed, they are certainly elite players, but none of them are the full package that Crosby is........Crosby is, essentially, a mashup of the best attributes of all of them.

stamkos, as great as he is, is a complimentary player, or at the very least, needs a complimentary player to feed him. Crosby carries his entire line, is entire team.

Line yes but team? he carries Malkin and Neal who run the 2nd line...Who keeps the team in shape every time Crosby is injured? I would rather a guy that is an allstar but is allowed injuries and the team stays cup contender...Hes a better option for me then Crosby for team building

Line yes but team? he carries Malkin and Neal who run the 2nd line...Who keeps the team in shape every time Crosby is injured? I would rather a guy that is an allstar but is allowed injuries and the team stays cup contender...Hes a better option for me then Crosby for team building

every time crosby is injured? other than his concussion/neck, has there been many injuries?

Archived