Canucks Community

[Proposal] Detroit/Van

To Detroit:

Kesler

To Van:

Mantha

Nyquist

1st rounder (2014)

Do it MG. Just do it. We're not going anywhere with this current line up. We lose Kesler, we tank this year, and get a higher pick in the draft (Virtanen or Dal colle please God). We also get Detroits 1st (Ehlers or Tuch). Kesler's my favorite player on this team, but I love the team more than Kesler, and we need to get younger. I'm sure Kes would waive his NTC to play for the wings. Tear it down a little and build it up even stronger. Kesler's value is at its highest point now with the Olympics and all too. MG should take advantage of this oppourtunity, but we all know he's just going to sit on his hands and do nothing. Its a process.

I just read up on Dal colle and learned he's from Woodbridge, ON. Same as Frank Corrado, and me :lol:

To Detroit:

Kesler

To Van:

Mantha

Nyquist

1st rounder (2014)

Do it MG. Just do it. We're not going anywhere with this current line up. We lose Kesler, we tank this year, and get a higher pick in the draft (Virtanen or Dal colle please God). We also get Detroits 1st (Ehlers or Tuch). Kesler's my favorite player on this team, but I love the team more than Kesler, and we need to get younger. I'm sure Kes would waive his NTC to play for the wings. Tear it down a little and build it up even stronger. Kesler's value is at its highest point now with the Olympics and all too. MG should take advantage of this oppourtunity, but we all know he's just going to sit on his hands and do nothing. Its a process.

I just read up on Dal colle and learned he's from Woodbridge, ON. Same as Frank Corrado, and me :lol:

DET says no. They said they don't want to move young players. They are preparing for the post Datsyuk/Zetterberg era

DET says no. They said they don't want to move young players. They are preparing for the post Datsyuk/Zetterberg era

That fine. Kesler is only 29 though and has a lot of juice left in the tank. He can lead the team into a new era and be a mentor for the younger guys coming up. Detroit's always been good a staying competitive. They have made the playoffs in 27 of their last 29 seasons. Kesler can keep them in contention.

Like it but wouldn't just give up on Kes. We can 1/2 or maybe even more than half of that return by giving up Edler and would rather give Kes a shot and keep him here cause he's so valuable. Trade/sign a legit top 6 winger and slot him with Kes, you got yourselves an Olympic version of Kes = best player on team usa.

Well, this is original. But no, Detroit has said they aren't interested in giving up their future, young players - and that includes in return for someone like Kesler. Maybe they move one young piece or a top pick, but they certainly don't move three.

Kesler, along with the Sedins, will being mentoring our young gun forwards that will be cracking in the lineup in the next couple of years. I do not believe Ryan will be going anywhere, anytime soon. Potentially in a few years after Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen, etc strong, full-timers, then there is a slight possibility - but who knows!

No, I don't want to rebuild and be a bottom feeder team. Look at Edmonton, they are going now where with there high drafts. When they finally ice an NHL team, they will have a better shot.

We need to make a player for player move (I am not dumb, this is harder than it sounds). We need new eyes on the ice, that is not clouded be previous success here.

I have been through rebuilds/this team sucking, its hard to watch. Before I get flamed, I support the team even through struggles, its the intentional struggles that I don't like.

No, I don't want to rebuild and be a bottom feeder team. Look at Edmonton, they are going now where with there high drafts. When they finally ice an NHL team, they will have a better shot.

We need to make a player for player move (I am not dumb, this is harder than it sounds). We need new eyes on the ice, that is not clouded be previous success here.

I have been through rebuilds/this team sucking, its hard to watch. Before I get flamed, I support the team even through struggles, its the intentional struggles that I don't like.

Right now I would say Ottawa values Edler the most scince him and Karlsson look like a gold winning pair...Id look at picking up Turris and a mid prospect...Lets Kes play with the twins as the shooter in Daniel continues his problems with that hile still giving us a young 2nd line playmaking center so we don't create a hole in our depth

With Zetterburg out, they might be more willing to move depth for a replacement up front as this year seemed like a year they are trying to go for it.

Kesler

2nd

For

Mantha

pulkkinen

1st

Sproul

This gives us scoring wing prospects.

Well, this is original. But no, Detroit has said they aren't interested in giving up their future, young players - and that includes in return for someone like Kesler. Maybe they move one young piece or a top pick, but they certainly don't move three.

Maybe we can add a little also.

I've been through the rebuilds to, but this core is getting stale. We need some fresh faces, young blood to build this team up again. We still keep the Sedin's and build around a young core. Lets just say this trade went through. In a few years our line up could be:

Shinkaruk Horvat Kassian

Daniel Henrick Nyquist

Jensen Gaunce Mantha

Fox Lain Cassels

Grenier, Archibald etc..

And maybe Virtanen(if he falls to us), or some other young gun coming up. We need to start making room for the younger guys. Might as well trade our better assets now while we can still get some value for them, and stock up on prospects and draft picks for the future.

Much rather Edler to Ottawa for Turris+Grant+2nd at the deadline and run the rest of the year and in the offseason see where we sit...I wouldn't do anything rash yet...Timing is everything

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Higgins-Turris-Burrows/Kassian

Booth-Richardson-Kassian/Burrows

Sestito-Lain-Dalpe

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Stanton-Diaz

And my reasoning of breaking up Hamhuis and Tanev is that I believe a defensive d like Tanev paired with Garrison on the right side allows him to take a few more risks and allows better cycle play

Reason Ottawa make the trade is with the way the Edler-Karlsson pairing at the Olympics is looking very good and that could be an opening for them to make the move to increase their d

Archived