The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] NHL withheld Steve Moore's disability payment unless Bertuzzi lawsuit dropped

The Danson Circus continues:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444797

If this happens Granato must be called to answer why he let Steve Moore bench himself for the rest of the game he hit Naslund in and then why he was playing him so late in the game where Bertuzzi clocked him.

I was unaware of any law or NHL rule that says that a player must play or not play according to the wishes of or intentions of the opposing team depending on their mood. I AM aware of laws and NHL rules against sneaking up behind a guy and sucker punching him in the head and the ins and outs of what happens when such an incident causes massive brain injury and the loss of a long developed pro hockey career. And nobody here is counting punitive amounts, pain and suffering etc. which could and should be significant. $38 mil seems about in the ballpark to me...

I was unaware of any law or NHL rule that says that a player must play or not play according to the wishes of or intentions of the opposing team depending on their mood. I AM aware of laws and NHL rules against sneaking up behind a guy and sucker punching him in the head and the ins and outs of what happens when such an incident causes massive brain injury and the loss of a long developed pro hockey career. And nobody here is counting punitive amounts, pain and suffering etc. which could and should be significant. $38 mil seems about in the ballpark to me...

I'm just saying everything I've seen from Steve Moore's camp has been rather one-sided against anyone attached to the Canucks whereas nobody on the Avs has been called to account for their roles in the proceedings. This isn't about rules, there are rules against jumping on players on the ground but that didn't stop Nikolishin. It's about time this gets to court so the entire story comes out not the Moore/Danson version

I'm just saying everything I've seen from Steve Moore's camp has been rather one-sided against anyone attached to the Canucks whereas nobody on the Avs has been called to account for their roles in the proceedings. This isn't about rules, there are rules against jumping on players on the ground but that didn't stop Nikolishin. It's about time this gets to court so the entire story comes out not the Moore/Danson version

What roles did any of the Avs organisation have in these proceedings? I mean other than play one of their players that the Canucks were mad at.

Again apples and oranges. Fighting is with 2 willing combatants. Bertuzzi chased Moore down the and punched him in the back of the head.

Sounds all perfect and stuff but NOPE, you're wrong.

So many incidents where someone was injured in this game we call hockey but wasn't a willing participant. Happens all the time actually.

This was a bad end result, that's all. Don't act like crap doesn't happen every game...the Avs were a bunch of dirty goons when they played us so let's not just focus on one incident. Crap happens ALL the time but it's just that some aren't as unlucky. Or work it so much.

It's ridiculous.

Moore fought earlier did he not? So he changed his mind partway through? We didn't get that memo.

Sounds all perfect and stuff but NOPE, you're wrong.

So many incidents where someone was injured in this game we call hockey but wasn't a willing participant. Happens all the time actually.

This was a bad end result, that's all. Don't act like crap doesn't happen every game...the Avs were a bunch of dirty goons when they played us so let's not just focus on one incident. Crap happens ALL the time but it's just that some aren't as unlucky. Or work it so much.

It's ridiculous.

Moore fought earlier did he not? So he changed his mind partway through? We didn't get that memo.

Criminal assaults do not happen in every game. In fact they almost never happen.

Steve Moore: "I just want the truth and I expect that a trial allows that to come forward"

When asked if it would be satisfying to Steve to settle out of court and avoid trial: "The truth is the most important to me"

So..... basically..... Steve. Forget the $38,000,000.00. Let's just all talk about the truth.

This guy is a douche and an embarrassment to the game and to Canadian hockey.

Archived