The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

Uh, folks have played pond hockey in the burbs. Lost Lake in Mundy Park froze over. I remember skating there. And there were flooded fields in Surrey on the way to White Rock. Has anyone ever played pond hockey on Lost Lagoon? Back me up here people.

W=I used to skate on Deer Lake in Burna

Uh, folks have played pond hockey in the burbs. Lost Lake in Mundy Park froze over. I remember skating there. And there were flooded fields in Surrey on the way to White Rock. Has anyone ever played pond hockey on Lost Lagoon? Back me up here people.

Used to skate on Deer Lake in Burnaby , Burnaby Lake and Fry"s Corner out in surrey, was a frozen field...lots of outdoor skating years ago...I guess the weather has changed,,not so much anymore.

Snow/rain mix right now downtown. Not a flake sticking. Waiting to hear if Kesler is really scratched or not.

@NHLinsiderNHL: Rumors out of #Vancouver that Ryan Kesler might be scratched from today's game as trade with @penguins might be imminent. @VanCanucks #NHL

Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported a proposed deal between the Pens and Canucks that he credited to multiple sources.

“A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange for Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks' choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin,” Rossi wrote on Saturday.

Rossi continued to say that it is possible the deal could involve another player going in either direction, but that Penguins' GM Ray Shero was only looking to acquire Kesler.

@VanCanucks

The Spectator Plaza is underway for the #HeritageClassic. Early Sunday morning and @NHL fans are ready.

BhvWlNzCQAAZGqv.jpg

Are they showing the full game there? Also will they be serving beverages or is it a family event thing?

Currently watching the Caps vs Flyers game. What a complete difference in atmosphere compared to the lameness of Rogers arena.

Torts is introducing "structure" to the Nucks but in so doing, has killed any entertainment value in their game. The only entertaining thing worth watching the Nucks for is the goalies and to see if they can get a shutout so the 1 goal this team is capable of scoring can result in a W.

Why? Because LU has some God-given right to pick the games he starts? Every team in the league goes with the hot goalie to get the W. So many fans here think it's more important to play Lu who hasn't played a game in 3 weeks when Eddie has only given 1 goal in 2 games.

Schneider gave the net to Brodeur, and Schneid's was playin amazing up to that point, so your argument is VOID. It is about RESPECT

Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported a proposed deal between the Pens and Canucks that he credited to multiple sources.

“A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange for Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks' choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin,” Rossi wrote on Saturday.

Rossi continued to say that it is possible the deal could involve another player going in either direction, but that Penguins' GM Ray Shero was only looking to acquire Kesler.

Gotta wait and see what else might be offered, but if that's the best deal out there, I'd certainly still take it. I love the idea of getting a 1st round pick out of the package, even a lower one.

Torts is introducing "structure" to the Nucks but in so doing, has killed any entertainment value in their game. The only entertaining thing worth watching the Nucks for is the goalies and to see if they can get a shutout so the 1 goal this team is capable of scoring can result in a W.

Sad but very true. We've gotta get used to it though... Torts took a 5 year deal. :|

Hopefully by next year we'll have a good canadian or swedish coach. Bring back crow!

Gotta wait and see what else might be offered, but if that's the best deal out there, I'd certainly still take it. I love the idea of getting a 1st round pick out of the package.

Sutter and a late 1st round pick? likely 25th overall ... With our drafting do you think we'll ever pick a player that'll Pam out to ever be close to Kesler?

Unless we get malkin back from the pens I wouldn't trade beloved kes to the same team as Cindy.

I would only do matta Sutter and 2 1st rounders for kes. Kesler is proven. They're players haven't proven squat

Gotta wait and see what else might be offered, but if that's the best deal out there, I'd certainly still take it. I love the idea of getting a 1st round pick out of the package, even a lower one.

I agree,, Sutter isnt going to solve our current goal scoring woes,,but the picks are nice although will be late 1st round and those 2 defencemen are giants,, both 6-4

Archived