The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers Have Tabled a "Substantial" Offer for Kesler AND Edler in Potential Blockbuster

And sadly, that still isn't any worse than Edler. If we manage to get rid of Edler and get some good stuff coming back too, I wouldn't mind Schenn coming back if we need to take a cap dump.

Edler is mismanaged, he is not garbage.

Lol we are not trading Kes and Edler for help now...

We aren't trading them for unknowns either. We will trade them for blue chip prospects that have high chance of being good NHL players or rookie/young NHL players that still have potential. It would be totally idiotic to trade Edler and Kesler and come out empty handed.

Some of the guys you are asking for, you will never get. :lol:

There's a lot of ridiculous proposals on here but I do know one thing, if holmgren is dead serious about acquiring Kes or Edler or both, flyers fans are going to be pissed because it will come close to one of these outlandish proposals.

And sadly, that still isn't any worse than Edler. If we manage to get rid of Edler and get some good stuff coming back too, I wouldn't mind Schenn coming back if we need to take a cap dump.

Again, we don't need another non-scoring defense. We already have Hamhuis, Tanev and Stanton who can't score or put up much points from the back. Then you want to add Schenn to that mix? Instead, we should be targeting a defenseman like Campbell that can move the puck out of the defensive zone and play QB on PP. L. Schenn is not wanted because he is a waste of roster space and a waste of Salary.

We're DONE now. Can't score, and when we do we can't hold a lead. Perhaps if the twins could find their game...but now Daniel is hurt.

Even if we somehow squeaked in, how do you think we'd do against Anaheim/Chicago?

Pull the plug. Just take the best offer of youth. Forget this season.

I agree. But when I say help now. I mean a guy who can step into keslers place next year.

Some of the guys you are asking for, you will never get. :lol:

Just remember what Richards and Jeff Carter got in trades. I don't see how Kesler would be any less in value compared to them. Plus Booby Clarke's insane hard on for Kesler will force Philly in giving up a lot for Kesler, especially if they don't want their rivals, Penguins, getting Kesler. So you can laugh all you want.

flyers fans are going to be pissed because it will come close to one of these outlandish proposals.

To be honest, I don't want Kesler. We have enough centers and we shouldn't be trading for another one who's best years are behind him. Edler, I would like to see on the team and I wouldn't mind giving Laughton and pick for him. But I honestly don't see a deal for Kesler happening, I think Homer is just driving up the price for Pittsburgh which is fine with me and smart by him.

Lol we are not trading Kes and Edler for help now...

Well considering we will have no second line centre after kes is gone technically whoever we get back in deals for edler and kes either apart or packaged kinda qualifies as help filling the hole.

Again, we don't need another non-scoring defense. We already have Hamhuis, Tanev and Stanton who can't score or put up much points from the back. Then you want to add Schenn to that mix? Instead, we should be targeting a defenseman like Campbell that can move the puck out of the defensive zone and play QB on PP. L. Schenn is not wanted because he is a waste of roster space and a waste of Salary.

I'd rather not have to take back Schenn, but if we need to include him to satisfy the cap, he won't hurt the team worse than Edler. At least Torts might be able to teach him how to play defense. Edler's had numerous chances but it's obvious he lacks either the intelligence or the desire to play in his own end at an acceptable level.

Nothing can help us now.

But the pieces will have to make us better in the future.

schenn, schenn, simmonds, 1st, prospect for both?

I'd take that deal if you remove L. Schenn out of the proposal. Unless Gillis has a trade lined up to flip L. Schenn.

I agree. But when I say help now. I mean a guy who can step into keslers place next year.

Exactly, then as Horvat grows and we pull more top prospects out of the next 1 or 2 top ten drafts we can deal for a simmonds.

Remember guys, it's a process haha

I'd rather not have to take back Schenn, but if we need to include him to satisfy the cap, he won't hurt the team worse than Edler. At least Torts might be able to teach him how to play defense. Edler's had numerous chances but it's obvious he lacks either the intelligence or the desire to play in his own end at an acceptable level.

Gillis should only get him if he is flipping him to Calgary or Edmonton :bigblush:

Well considering we will have no second line centre after kes is gone technically whoever we get back in deals for edler and kes either apart or packaged kinda qualifies as help filling the hole.

Plus, we aren't and shouldn't be trading Kesler and Edler for spare parts. They should be traded for quality players that can help us now and in the future.

We aren't trading them for unknowns either. We will trade them for blue chip prospects that have high chance of being good NHL players or rookie/young NHL players that still have potential. It would be totally idiotic to trade Edler and Kesler and come out empty handed.

Draft picks+really young prospects (i.e. Bo Horvat age group). If we get talent like what Pits is giving us/young impact NHL players that have a lot of NHL exp, their ceiling is already capped at 3rd line. Think about it, why would a team trade away a guy that is putting up second line points for an older guy doing the same?

We gain some value just because they are "proven" but give up a lot of value in potential of these players.

To be honest, I don't want Kesler. We have enough centers and we shouldn't be trading for another one who's best years are behind him. Edler, I would like to see on the team and I wouldn't mind giving Laughton and pick for him. But I honestly don't see a deal for Kesler happening, I think Homer is just driving up the price for Pittsburgh which is fine with me and smart by him.

I see Kesler happening. Kesler is not that old, he still has 4-5 years of primetime left in him. Philly also has Giroux, B. Schenn, Couturier and bunch of other young centers and Lecavlier. So I think swapping centers would make the most sense for Philly if they want Kesler.

Edler for Laughton and 1st

Kesler for B. Schenn and Morin

Deal

Archived