The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes, March 4

goalie13

The thing that pisses me off the most about Henrik as captain is that he just doesn't seem to care...I don't know, maybe in the dressing room he's different...but when a team is going through a slump like this, it's the captain's job to motivate the team.

Absolutely brutal. I feel bad for the Canucks fans that paid money to attend this game (if there were any?). The way they're playing I wouldn't be surprised if we see a drop off in ticket numbers.

Time to clean the house out. Luongo, Kesler, Edler, bring in some youth, bring in an offensive minded coach and lets go!

i really do wish the twins would decide to play in sweden

Couldn't agree more. If we have to re-tool and get younger and faster and all that entails, the are just an anchor around the team's neck and will only delay the teams turn around

That sure sucked... oh well, this is like a divorce. You hit the rough patch decide to seperate from your SO and move on. Of course you have to endure the pain of breaking up. After that it's all gravy once you rebuild your life... GCG.

But ... but .. but... everyone said Tortorella was gonna whip these loafers into shape!

So which is it? Tortorella's fault, or the lazy players?

At least I don't change my tune when it's convenient. Never wanted Tortorella here. And with his style and personality, I thought any success he'd have would be early. Looks like that ship sailed over a month ago.

I was either or on Torts. I wanted to see what he could do. At the same time, i'm not sure if its coaching style or some third factor.

Torts is just as bad as Mike Keanan...I stoped watching when he was the couch...and it looks like i will have to stop watching again...untill they get rid of this guy....Hope no Canadian Team makes the playoffs....Buttman would be happy...but Sportsnet should of had a clause in there TV rights to get money back if there were no Canadian teams in the playoffs...Hope they had that clause put in...lol

But ... but .. but... everyone said Tortorella was gonna whip these loafers into shape!

So which is it? Tortorella's fault, or the lazy players?

At least I don't change my tune when it's convenient. Never wanted Tortorella here. And with his style and personality, I thought any success he'd have would be early. Looks like that ship sailed over a month ago.

know what...

in the WORLD...if you actually have ever WORKED....you'd know that blaming other for your lack of effort and lack of success says more about you as a person than the person being blamed

there is a very simple equation in life...that equation is

EFFORT + INTENSITY > TALENT

I dont care what people want to say about Tortarella, I don't care if people want to blame him that's fine but its COMPLETELY IGNORANT TO WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE

This team has quit since 2011 in game 7 and so many apologists want to blame everyone but the players who are paid to do a job they love and simply play hard, with passion and intensity

Tonight was a playoff game, did that team give a rats ass? no they didnt, and you can blame the distractions, make excuses all you want, END OF THE DAY THE PLAYERS PLAY, POINT FINGERS TO GM'S COACHES ALL YOU WANT...

If they don't make it because they played their hearts out all year, no one would say boo, and would say its MG and Torts...but know what, not one fan who knows hockey can say this team has really played with drive and desire on a consistent basis

All that torts has shown, is exactly what many of us have been saying for years. This team is mentally weak. He's not a bad coach, he simply exposed how soft they are.

Henrik "I thought we played well tonight"

that's leadership for you. 6 shots in 40 minutes, their goalie had to stand on his head and he thinks they played well. Please retire to Sweden so we can rebuild with real hockey players.

Nothing was worse than being at that game live. That was so damn pathetic. Like beyond anything on the recent slide. Silver lining is that I get to stay in the desert sun for a few more days. Woo Scottsdale!

On another note, end this effing nightmare of a season immediately.

This team has quit since 2011 in game 7 and so many apologists want to blame everyone but the players who are paid to do a job they love and simply play hard, with passion and intensity

This is bang on. The truth. Talk, analyze all you want. Losing Game 7 killed this "core".

Nothing was worse than being at that game live. That was so damn pathetic. Like beyond anything on the recent slide. Silver lining is that I get to stay in the desert sun for a few more days. Woo Scottsdale!

On another note, end this effing nightmare of a season immediately.

I was at the LA "moral victory' and the 9-1 Anaheim loss, and I think i still got a more entertaining games out of the deal.

Archived