The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade Luongo to the Panthers

Hah, never happened.

Unless you believe HockeyyInsider

Last year, everyone on here wanted a 1st, a player and a prospect, so Kadri, Bozak wasn't enough............do you remember those days? we also wanted to trade Booth for the same and MayRay for the same...........the sad thing is, is that reality kicks in and then you're all in denial about what we could have had.

This is an unbelievable trade for the Canucks. A lot of people believe that Markstrom could be the next big thing when it comes to goalies. I am also sad to see Luongo go but it is definitely for the best, Luongo was nothing but a professional. I am aware Gillis has caused a lot of damage but he was able to do something that a lot of people thought he couldn't do.

This is an unbelievable trade for the Canucks. A lot of people believe that Markstrom could be the next big thing when it comes to goalies. I am also sad to see Luongo go but it is definitely for the best, Luongo was nothing but a professional. I am aware Gillis has caused a lot of damage but he was able to do something that a lot of people thought he couldn't do.

gillis is a genius ... sure this is exactly how he saw it going down

Last year, everyone on here wanted a 1st, a player and a prospect, so Kadri, Bozak wasn't enough............do you remember those days? we also wanted to trade Booth for the same and MayRay for the same...........the sad thing is, is that reality kicks in and then you're all in denial about what we could have had.

there no such thing as "everyone on here" - that's simpleton stuff guy.

some of us wanted Luo to go to Florida - and expected a reasonable return - a top prospect and a mid range secondary piece - which is exactly what MG just landed. Expecting Florida's 1st is not reasonable - for all sorts of reasons.

you can poopoo in the corner all you want - it just makes me enjoy this deal even more.

Denial doesn't make it true.............that's a real TO offer that was in the news......but MG wanted more and it fell apart.

Well you should have no problem providing a source then, right. ;)

Here's another real story that was in the news - Luongo would not waive to go to Toronto.

Thanks for coming out.

Happy for Lu, finally gets what he wants. Im very excited for this rebuild/retool.

I'm hoping Markstrom gets his game back playing behind Lack and Matthias is going to surprise a lot of us.

Now I know that Matthias is not a replacement for Kesler, but I feel that adding him has really opened up the possibility of trading Kesler while still leaving us somewhat covered at centre. That's how I'm viewing it, anyway, I think Matthias is more than just a third line replacement.

When going online to see what trades had gone down I was not expecting Luongo as a headline trade. Man my heart dropped when I read Luongo had been traded :sadno:

I haven’t posted much at all since I joined this forum, as I usually keep to myself and don’t like getting into arguments with others. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that.

But I have to post today. When Luongo was acquired from Florida he resembled Johnny Canuck to me. I watched him make awesome saves that got me off of my seat. Shortly he turned into my favourite Canuck player :towel: . He is the one who made me a Canucks fan. I really wished that Luongo could win the Stanley Cup and retire in Vancouver.

Thanks for all the saves and good memories Lu! I am glad I got the chance to meet with you and tell you that “You are #1 in my heart and always will be”. I feel terrible and apologize for what you had to go through in the last couple of years in Vancouver from the boos to management jerking you around. You are genuine world class person and deserve better! I wish you all the best in Florida! I hope you and your family find happiness in Florida.

Man it’s going to be hard to see Luongo in another jersey. Looks like this chest pain isn’t going to go away anytime soon. Bobby Lu, I am gunna miss you!!!

Now I know that Matthias is not a replacement for Kesler, but I feel that adding him has really opened up the possibility of trading Kesler while still leaving us somewhat covered at centre. That's how I'm viewing it, anyway, I think Matthias is more than just a third line replacement.

Yeah he's a 4th line replacement as well. Really I'm just glad to have the cap-space. I would try to package Matthias.

Supportive of this trade as long as Gillis makes more moves tomorrow. If he doesn't deal some dead weight tomorrow, the timing of this deal just doesn't quite make sense.

The best timing for this deal was whenever it could possibly be done.

there no such thing as "everyone on here" - that's simpleton stuff guy.

some of us wanted Luo to go to Florida - and expected a reasonable return - a top prospect and a mid range secondary piece - which is exactly what MG just landed. Expecting Florida's 1st is not reasonable - for all sorts of reasons.

you can poopoo in the corner all you want - it just makes me enjoy this deal even more.

So who was the top prospect we rec'd?

Archived