The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom/Lack

Kes4MVP

The real question is whether the Canucks bring in a veteran goalie who whould be comfortable as a backup but still good enough to be a #1 if need be. According to Team1040, since the trading of Lou, Lack has the worst save % in all of the NHL. We really need to have atleast one solid veteran goalie before next season starts.

I am a bit skeptical of this claim. The Oilers are leaky as hell right now, there's no way Lack is giving up more goals per game than they are.

I am a bit skeptical of this claim. The Oilers are leaky as hell right now, there's no way Lack is giving up more goals per game than they are.

I'd like to see the 'research' on that as well. No question he's let in more goals, but how much of that is him and how much is the team playing a more offensive style with added risk?

Why do you feel the need to always do this? You don't add anything to the conversation.

Irony is ironic, considering what you've contributed to the topic of this thread.

But to answer your question, the OP might not have realized there were other threads, particularly if he isn't used to searching or hasn't been on CDC much the last little while. It was his first post, despite having joined 3 years ago.

But linking to existing discussions does contribute to the thread. I've made points in those threads I don't care to type out all over again just because someone creates a new thread on the topic, so why not help people understand what else is out there? And it is meant to be helpful, rather than posting IBTL or spamming Spiderman pics.

Are you saying there are no similarities between this thread and at least one of the ones I posted?

they are testing lack to see how he handles the workload of being the number 1

with young guys there will be ups and downs

from what i've seen down the stretch i think were gonna be fine with this duo moving forward. Markstrom can take his time without pressure to get his game and confidence back and lack can continue to get better. We have 2 young blue chip prospects in net both with tons of potential at very good contracts, this is not a bad thing

they are testing lack to see how he handles the workload of being the number 1

with young guys there will be ups and downs

from what i've seen down the stretch i think were gonna be fine with this duo moving forward. Markstrom can take his time without pressure to get his game and confidence back and lack can continue to get better. We have 2 young blue chip prospects in net both with tons of potential at very good contracts, this is not a bad thing

Yes exactly. He was supposed to be back up and slowly introduced like Schneider before him, but all the Luongo drama, changed all that. If you want him to be the future of the Canucks, he needs to play, so its a little like start the car and lets see where the road takes us.

As another stated its not perfect to have a ice cold backup, but at this stage it win or bust, so...

I'd like to see marks in net and not sure why they aren't letting him play a game. I don't buy the playoff push theory, they are done. It could be that they are working with him and the goaltending coaches want some time to work on him? Or they could be concerned with marks stepping in and playing a great game and starting another goalie controversy, possibly they want to just let lack run with this year to avoid any possibility?

Markstrom will get starts when the canucks are completely out of it. These games right now are crucial to Lack they are pressure games basically playoff like its best that he plays them and gets experience from them.

Here is an interview with goalie coach Pekka Alcén who have trained Lack, Markstrom and Eriksson, it is in swedish so I have used google translate: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=sv&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hockeysverige.se%2F2014%2F03%2F05%2Fmalvaktsguruns-stolta-ogonblick-tre-adepter-i-samma-nhl-lag%2F

this is my first post by the way, hope it works

The funny part about this all. Is in my NHL 14 Be a GM mode. Schneider ended up in NJ, Loungo in FLA, and Markstrom helped me win a cup in Vancouver over Toronto of all teams. This was before the Schneider trade. kinda funny how things worked out.

I wish all the goalies the best. I love the fun loving approach Lack takes towards the game. Having that will definitely help him endure the criticism any #1 goalie will have in our market.

Schneider was traded before that game came out so its not all that funny really. You bought the game with Schneider on NJ

personally what they are telling me is "They think we can not make the playoffs"

If Markstrom does not get any playing time than Lack goes down, gets hurt.. we lose anyways cause they dont think Markstrom is ready..

...Kinda wierd analogy from the coach really...

Archived