The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Bye Playoffs?

CANUCK-EXPRESS

is there a reason why you need to insult people????

it's called faith doesn't matter if it's blind or not people have faith they can still make the playoffs there is no reason to call them names and until they are mathematically eliminated people will still believe in them making the playoffs so take your attitude elsewhere go cheer for another team

I apologize if I went overboard. Didn't mean to insult.

But to be honest, we really don't have a chance, 7 points behind the 8th place with 0 games in hand... i'm just going to prepare for the worst now, so when the offically get eliminated, which they will, I won't be in tears like some Canucks fans here, (don't mean to be insult, some fans do cry when they get eliminated) I already said this 2 weeks ago, other fans have said this long ago, it was an uphill battle, that chances are.... they won't make it, so I brought up the idea of just tanking it.... 4 weeks ago I believe we were 4 points out of the bottom 6??? yea... I believe shortly after the olympic break, we went on a losing tear yet again.... so we might as well lose for the highest pick, this team.

ok guys, be realistic here.... they are really not going to make the playoffs right? we might as well make the most of missing the playoffs by losing and going for a high pick. at the time, Daniel and Kesler was hurt? correct? like cmon, now Henrik and Tanev is hurt, like really... we have no number 1 goalie, going to 8th place is literally a franchice suicide not only does it take us out of the lottery selection, it gaurantees us a worthless 16th pick, when 6 weeks ago we knew we woulnd't do much this season.

So plan B, "tank" the season go for a high pick, we don't have Luongo, we regroup next year, and go for it. No point drafting 12 or 13th. I be damn pissed if we do. Please stop saying picks 1 -13 are equally good. It's not! Its tier 1 with the 1st 5 picks, which are the future 1st line fowards or star fowards, then its tier 2,which is probably a bunch of players with ceilings of a 2nd line player or a top 4 dman.

anyways, right now the Canucks are showing up at the wrong time... their not helping themselves... their just hurting the teams chance at a higher pick. If the most we can do is moving up 2 picks... then go for it! Move up that one extra pick!

I also pray we don't draft 10th. Please don;t draft 10th, not only did the last 2 times we draft 10th... those picks didn't work out, (R.I.P brother Luc). Most 10th picks in the NHL have failed to live up to expectations. I'm just hoping Nashville starts winning we start a losing streak, and end the season, end the fans misery end this season quickly, put it behind us, move on.

Do we need to pat someone getting paid millions on the back every time he doesn't cost us a game?

Boy have our standards dropped since our cup run.

Boy people are cynical a-holes nowadays one bad season

Do you even know how to read??

What is it about "one of many reasons" that you do not understand??

By the way, go back in my post history and you'll see I was totally agains Torts being hired to begin with. He's helped make this franchise a joke in less than a season. I highlighted the word "helped" just in case you couldn't read that as well.

yup it's all Torts fault your completely right for the teams multiple injuries unrelated to blocked shots but wait they played a whole 2-3 minutes more a game that must be the reason they all got injured because athletes can only handle a certain amount of icetime and he didn't shelter them properly

this team was going downhill before Torts got here and everyone blamed AV and now their blaming Torts for the last 2 months good for you next time take a look at the underachieving players on the ice if you want to blame anyone

I actually think the Canucks played better tonight than they did against Minny last night. I have no stats to back this up but It seemed like the Canucks were hemming the Av's in their zone more so than they did against the Wild. It's just the Av's are a better team than the Wild and Varlamov was better than Kuemper. We didn't get any free goals tonight, we had the opportunitys just couldn't bury them. Story of the season I guess.

People need to understand...tanking starts with management. Players and coaches will never tank. It just doesn't go down.

How would you like it if someone walked up to you and said you have to lose every game? If you say you'd be cool with that, you've either never played competitive sports or have 0 sense of pride.

And as a fan, I feel obliged to cheer for them to win. I simply can't have it any other way.

To people calling me and other fans cheering delusional, you're delusional to think we can tank for enough for a top 5 pick, and picking outside the top 6 to about 13 isn't a big enough difference to give a sh!t. Get it through your thick skulls.

So who's cheering for who the it's coyotes and wild? We can get within 3 points with a win on Saturday

lol you remind me of fans of #16 seed teams in march madness that think their team has a hope in hell of knocking off the #1 seed

Tough loss. Canucks dominated for long stretches with nothing to show for it.

Kassian has another strong game and may yet hit 30 points on the season. I can't wait to see what he does next year.

Just a thought but anyone think Kass is feeling the heat from Jensen and it's improving his effort? Think about it he came to life after Jensen came in and started putting up points. Did the nucks finally find the hot button to get kass to play with the motivation he needs to? Food for thought....

Can you put up a picture of Kovalchuk and Tavares too? They were #1 in Hamhuis and Kassians draft years.

Lol no way we were getting anywhere close to first overall even if we did "tank" really we could have maybe gotten to #5 or #6 and that's about it.

#5 those years is Stanislav Christov and Brayden Schenn.

Seems to be a crap shoot after the first couple as there's a lot of great players picked after #5. We just need to make good picks more than we need to get higher picks. Picking sooner doesn't help anything if your scouting team doesn't identify the best prospects anyways.

Mmm called it. Sack Torts. Even if we manage to improve this team for next year he'll have our top players burned out by December.

called nothing because Torts isn't getting fired and not even close to be instead of blaming the coach maybe look at the underachieving players ever since the Cup run

Im with him... if we can go 6-1 I think we will make it.

you do realize that even if we go 6-1 (which is unlikely) Minnesota and Phoenix still only need to go 4-4 to finish ahead of us right?

i think you need to re-read that lol. i'm saying even if we go 6-1 it's still unlikely

Archived