The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Bye Playoffs?

CANUCK-EXPRESS

So people believe that a guy could walk on water 2000 years ago, yet having hope for the Canucks to squeak into the playoffs is blasphemous?! It's highly unlikely we get in, borderline impossible. I think we all understand the odds.

How many of you have played sports at a high level? You don't play to lose, you play to win, no matter the odds. That's how you achieve greatness. What people don't understand is that players and coaches don't decide if we tank or not, the GM does. Teams decide if they become sellers and buyers at the trade deadline. Sellers = Tank , Buyers = Compete.

All we can do now as fans is cheer and hope for the highly unlikely. Or if you have coping issues you can simply give up to save yourself the trouble. Either way we're all Canucks.

The coach could put the young guy in top spots to "help them develop" and that could cost us games, no?

What.... We got 3 out of 4 points and minny is slipping so bad and the fact they play blues , pens, hawks , kings and bruins. Only 6 points behind just have to win Saturday and Tuesday.

Dallas might have something to say about who gets 8th in the West

So people believe that a guy could walk on water 2000 years ago, yet having hope for the Canucks to squeak into the playoffs is blasphemous?! It's highly unlikely we get in, borderline impossible. I think we all understand the odds.

How many of you have played sports at a high level? You don't play to lose, you play to win, no matter the odds. That's how you achieve greatness. What people don't understand is that players and coaches don't decide if we tank or not, the GM does. Teams decide if they become sellers and buyers at the trade deadline. Sellers = Tank , Buyers = Compete.

All we can do now as fans is cheer and hope for the highly unlikely. Or if you have coping issues you can simply give up to save yourself the trouble. Either way we're all Canucks.

But he DID walk on water. So it is possible right?

People just have the wrong perspective. Everyone in the organization wants to make the playoffs.

Players want to win.

Coaches want to keep their jobs.

Owners make over 1 million per playoff game. What would you take? 2-3 million in cash for a first round series, or a better draft pick?

The only people who want the Canucks to lose for the sake of a faster rebuild are some of the fans. I'm not against this at all if it means a top end talent, but realistically picks 8 to 15 are all of similar value. Go big or go home right folks!

THIS. IS. VANCOUVER BRITISH COLUMBIAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

What is "British Columbia" anyways?

you do realize that even if we go 6-1 (which is unlikely) Minnesota and Phoenix still only need to go 4-4 to finish ahead of us right?

:lol: you realize minny got hammered 5-1 by the blues and they play them again with pens , hawks ,kings and bruins right? That could be 5 loses right there..... On top of that minny is going into a major slump so 2-6 or 3-5 could easily happen

And since everyone loves percentages on here... If Dallas loses tmrw there's a 1.2 % increase for us! So we would be at 5% :towel: a win Saturday would only increase as we'll

TOI interesting / odd tonight.

Kass and Booth playing well > Over 15 minutes each and good for them! Same with Richardson. 3rd line got extra minutes, KEY minutes.

Higgins was our forward TOI leader at 19:59. I like Higgins, but I think that spells trouble. Higgins had over 3 minutes PP time.

I guess it comes down to lines. Higgins, Kesler, Burrows is a great 2knd line IMO. But they played first PP, o'zone starts... Danny, Mathias, Jensen looks much more dangerous as a scoring unit to me. Danny Kesler Jensen looks even better! That leaves a 2knd line of Higgins, Mathias Burrows as a 2knd line which again makes sense to me. I think the lines were not mixed all that well tonight.

Especially Jensen's demotion.

And while not enamored with Dalpe, I believe he has played better than Schroeder. Zero minutes was way too few for Dalpe and near ten minutes was not justified for Schroder. Especially over 3 min power play time. In 2009 Schroeder was the 5th ranked NA skater, just a couple behind Duchesne. He was supposed to have elite speed, explosive moves, deft puck handling skills, vision a shot behind it. I see a shell of Duchesne?

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20132014/TV021100.HTM

The problem with going 7-0, or 6-1 for that matter, is that even if the team plays well, it's tough to win every game against decent opponents.

There is a lot of randomness in hockey, and even though the Canucks played very well last night, they only got one point.

It will take a ton of luck to go 6-1. And even then, it only gives the Canucks a 30% chance to make the playoffs.

The problem with going 7-0, or 6-1 for that matter, is that even if the team plays well, it's tough to win every game against decent opponents.

There is a lot of randomness in hockey, and even though the Canucks played very well last night, they only got one point.

It will take a ton of luck to go 6-1. And even then, it only gives the Canucks a 30% chance to make the playoffs.

A Dallas loss. A Canucks win . A minny loss. It really changes the percentages! It could be 50% by Thursday who knows.

Best December in Club History, Remember that?

What's the big difference between the team in the 1st half and the team in the 2nd half?

Ummm...Give me a second

Jeopordy music playing in my head hmmm...

Oh Yeah!

INJURIES!

You can't blame the coach for Burrows' 30 injuries and zero confidence from them.

You can't blame the coach for Martin Hanzal injuring 3 players in one game.

You can't blame the coach for Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin getting freak leg injuries.

AV was going to be fired 5 years ago if not for Burrows Heroics against Carolina. He was going to be fired 3 years ago if not for Burrows Heroics against Chicago. Firing people isn't something you just do every season because that can screw up a team worse.

and even when they were winning they were playing terrible hockey, by tortorella's own admission.

they're only playing better now because they've essentially thrown his ridiculous "dump and grind" systems in the trash.

he's a dinosaur of a coach that wouldn't have worked in the west even before the game passed him by a decade ago.

this guy is not fit to coach in this league. period. clinging on to a cup win from two lockouts ago, that his team only won because, according to torts, "none of them knew what they were doing" is pathetic.

On the positive side we go home now for all but 1 of our remaining games, if I'm not mistaken. It's too bad we didn't beat the Avs but 3 out of 4 points on the road in a back to back is ok, especially with one of the games in Denver where the air is much thinner.

Write the season off indefinitely if we lose one of our home games, until then...

Archived