The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

10 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Bautista just need to shut up.

Russell Martin on the other hand says it like it is.

From The Province this morning:

“You f—ing show up, man, and you f—ing play the game hard and that’s it — that’s my line,” Martin said in a rally-the-troops sort of way Sunday afternoon inside the Blue Jays’ clubhouse. “That’s it. There’s no f—ing secret. You play the game. Period. There’s no magic way of doing things, you just keep doing what you’ve been doing the whole way. That’s it. It’s actually annoying answering questions about it, you know what I mean? That’s the honest truth. I have nothing to say except we’ve just gotta show up and play. That’s it. That’s what you’re getting from me today.”

This, All. &^@#in. Day. 

10 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Russell Martin on the other hand says it like it is.

Actually, he's saying they need to let their play do the talking.....and unfortunately, his bat is silent - that may be 'like it is' but it's not what I want to be 'hearing'.

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

@ShakyWalton I guess Saunders can be benched next game if he's hits or dingers one, then K's the next   :P

well..when you strike out 160 times in the season...odds are pretty good..I printed my retraction/acknowledgement  back a couple of pages and its not as if I dont like the guy...I have just seen the story before.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

well..when you strike out 160 times in the season...odds are pretty good..I printed my retraction/acknowledgement  back a couple of pages and its not as if I dont like the guy...I have just seen the story before.

I wasn't calling you out, quite the opposite. I was acknowledging that you nailed it.

• Upvote 1

Seriously, I've seen some, and said some questionable sheet on this site. 

Wanting to watch team Canada play baseball isn't one of them. No I don't have cable, no I don't live in Toronto, and no I don't want to go to the bar to watch them. 

That was  a douche move, however you look at it "mod I've never seen post before". Real douche

13 minutes ago, Green Building said:

He's not just in the lineup for his bat though. He earns a majority of his keep behind the dish.

I realize that, but if you're winning and your catcher is hitting less than a buck, and holding it down behind the plate, it's not a problem (as with Cleveland right now) - but if you're losing, your play behind the plate is one thing (somehow I doubt Martin would be happy in general) but you still need your bat to do some talking, regardless.

Edited by oldnews