The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

It was nice to finally get a win in the Bronx yesterday, but kind of disconcerting the way it happened. Three terrible at bats with 2nd and 3rd and no outs. Somehow we only come up with one run and were lucky to get even that...

I know it's weak to blame injuries, but the lack of right handed batters is really hurting the Jays right now. Johnson came through in the 9th, but up until that moment, managers knew that loading up with lefties was the key to winning a series against the Jays.

4 lefties in a row at the bottom of the order.... Can't really fault Gibby for that, but maybe AA should be looking for a right handed bat, or maybe they should let Pillar out of the doghouse.

Jays win a tight one today, thanks to a clutch hit by Navarro after a steal of 2nd by Joey Bats. Sanchez gets the W, but gives up the tying run in the 8th.

Jays take 2 or 3 at Yankee stadium for their first series win in the Bronx since 2012. Now hoping the M's can knock off the O's, to put us within 2 games.

Next up: a trip to Fenway.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

I love the promise that Valencia showed early on, but he's a total project at this point. All things considered though, it's not like we actually gave up anything, so why not, lol. I like the trade.

I am optimistic that as Adam, Edwin and Brent return, this team is going to tear up the East in August .. one more top-3 starter and we will be set .. we are hanging in there with questionably 3 of our top 5 hitters on IR

I know his averages arent that great, but the fact that he brings energy to the team is nice.

actually Muni is hitting almost 300...he wont get you any dingers but he has been getting timely hits and his fielding has been awesome..they will have some moves to make...Goins, Riemold, Johnson , Tolleson and Muni are on the bubble it seems, with the arrival of Valencia they will only be keeping 2 of them....maybe part of a package for Hamels?