The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

All you do on here is post wrestling rumours that I can literally read anywhere, and bitch about your team when they lose.

Post some content.

You're quite the asset and made some real contributions to this place, which mostly consist of personal attacking people and throwing crap up and hoping it sticks.

Sounds like you're quite the stalker too.

Edited by the last outlaw

I know that baseball is an intense game, but I can't fathom a few things.

1) I know winning the division is a big thing, but when they did it was a slam dunk.

2) Why did Gibbons not rein the team in and keep them half ways sober. I am sure they could have

won one more game in Baltimore. They could have got more rest after clinching the American League.

3) It appears the Buehrle may even start tomorrow and it may be his last game. It is more important

for the Jays to win that game then get him to 200 innings. I am not sure if he has achieved that

milestone before. Who cares?

4) I won't comment on Osuna other than to say I think the kid will crack under playoff pressure.

5) The Jays aren't tremendous on the road. They may rue the day they didn't get home-field advantage all the way through the playoffs.

Edited by bobo

3)It appears the Buehrle may even start tomorrow and it may be his last game. It is more important for the Jays to win that game then get him to 200 innings. I am not sure if he has achieved that milestone before. Who cares?

Oh great if Buehrle starts tomorrow. Which version is going to show up. Mr. Inconsistent.

4) I won't comment on Osuna other than to say I think the kid will crack under playoff pressure.

Someone that gets it. Exactly. He can't handle the pressure.

I know that baseball is an intense game, but I can't fathom a few things.

1) I know winning the division is a big thing, but when they did it was a slam dunk.

2) Why did Gibbons not rein the team in and keep them half ways sober. I am sure they could have

won one more game in Baltimore. They could have got more rest after clinching the American League.

3) It appears the Buehrle may even start tomorrow and it may be his last game. It is more important

for the Jays to win that game then get him to 200 innings. I am not sure if he has achieved that

milestone before. Who cares?

5) The Jays aren't tremendous on the road. They may rue the day they didn't get home-field advantage all the way through the playoffs.

I agree with most of this...Buerhle has achieved 200 innings pitched about 9-10 years straight..its important to him as this may be his last year and he is close to HOF numbers...but I agree the win is more important...they are behind the eight ball now..they have to win tomorrow and KC has to lose to get home field through the playoffs...they will have home field in the first series and if KC goes out they will have it all the way through or as long as they last....I agree with you that blowing those games in Balt will come back to haunt them...they could have played their first string lineup...after tomorrow they will have 3-4 days off before the playoffs..that should be enough rest for the regulars in my book and giving all the others a start at once was a sure sign of a loss...but whats done is done...if they play like they are capable of the home field wont matter.

Gibbons said after tonight's game that Buehrle may start and maybe they can get 4 innings out of him. WTF! He started on Friday and is coming off one day's rest.

Oh great if Buehrle starts tomorrow. Which version is going to show up. Mr. Inconsistent.

Someone that gets it. Exactly. He can't handle the pressure.

The thing is Buehrle just started on Friday and will be coming off one day rest.

I agree with most of this...Buerhle has achieved 200 innings pitched about 9-10 years straight..its important to him as this may be his last year and he is close to HOF numbers...but I agree the win is more important...they are behind the eight ball now..they have to win tomorrow and KC has to lose to get home field through the playoffs...they will have home field in the first series and if KC goes out they will have it all the way through or as long as they last....I agree with you that blowing those games in Balt will come back to haunt them...they could have played their first string lineup...after tomorrow they will have 3-4 days off before the playoffs..that should be enough rest for the regulars in my book and giving all the others a start at once was a sure sign of a loss...but whats done is done...if they play like they are capable of the home field wont matter.

k, so let me get this straight.

1) Osuna blew a save. They should've gotten a proven closer that was available...you know, like uh Papelbom

2) Post all-star break numbers for Price/Dickey/Stroman/Estrada be damned, the Blue Jays are going to be the only team in the playoffs where their pitchers don't get better. Our arms will turn to rubber while the Texas Rangers are going to throw 4 future HOFers at us.

While were at it why don't we add,

3) The ghost of Jose Reyes (not too sure when he died, but whatever) will strike not only Tulo but Ryan Goins too leaving the Jays with a middle infield of Peddington and Kawazaki. Damnit AA for not having a plan E and F at those critical positions, you deserve not to have your contract renewed.

4) Melky Cabrera (not a ghost), will somehow manage to find his way back to Toronto and lead a players revolt against the turf at Rogers Centre. The revolt will lead to lacklustre play and all the players wanting out at the end of the year.

5) Gibby won't be drunk the entire post-season, but for enough of it to have the Blue Jays get swept and being outscored 29 to 2.

• Upvote 1

Gibbons said after tonight's game that Buehrle may start and maybe they can get 4 innings out of him. He started on Friday and is coming off one day's rest.

That would be dumb to start him on that short amount of rest in a must win game.

Gibbons I so want this guy fired. He's totally incompetent. I don't know why AA brought him back. Gibbons is great at challenging his player's to fights. Why would you bring a guy like that back and give him a second chance.

Ok intermission in the oiler game I will do a numbered list too.

1. Losing home field over KC is a big deal. Not only does it make that series tougher to win down the road, but the jays dont get to play the wildcard winner......a team that will need to use their ace in the wildcard game.

2. Osuna is okay.....but I think if the jays are to go deep into the playoffs a lot of it will be by scoring. Not winning tight low scoring games. Lowe is being underused

3. What the hell do you do tomorrow? KC could still lose. Minny will be using the bench, but anything can happen.

The jays counter by starting Buerle on a days rest to secure a record? I think they gotta start Dickie......he is rested and wont pitch till game 4.

Buehrle will pitch 2 innings tomorrow and retire. He won't be on the post-season roster.

This is a bad idea even for two innings with such short rest and what if he gets lit up and there goes any chance at home field.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/10/03/report-mark-buehrle-to-throw-two-innings-on-sunday-then-retire/

Bruce Levine of 670 The Score reports that Blue Jays starter Mark Buehrle will pitch two innings on Sunday, then retire. He is not expected to be included on the Blue Jays post-season roster.

Two more innings would bring Buehrle to 200 innings for a 15th consecutive season. The 36-year-old has vastly outpaced the competition in this category, as his closest competitor since 2001 is James Shields, with nine 200-inning seasons.

Buehrle currently holds a 15-7 record with a 3.82 ERA and a 91/32 K/BB ratio in 198 innings this season. Over his 16-year career, hes 214-159 with a 3.81 ERA and an 1,870/733 K/BB ratio in 3,282 2/3 innings.

I prefer to look at the glass half full IF the Jays don't get 1st in the AL. Perhaps they will have a chip on their shoulder because of it, a chip that would certainly help them focus in the ALDS. Personally, between the Rangers, Yankees, Astros, and Angels, I don't care who they play. They can beat any of those teams. Are the Jays firing on all cylinders? No. But the Jays have 8 under the hood while the teams listed above are working with 6. Doesn't mean the Jays automatically win, but I like their chances with the way AA has the team constructed and the way Gibby has them playing.

Yeah, 1st would be nice but if KC loses their series it's moot or if a ALCS against KC goes less than 7 games it's also moot. That's why a rested team is a little more important.

I would be curious as to why if Buehrle gets left off the playoff roster. I know teams go with a shortened rotation but you'd think an extra starter would come in handy just in the event that one of the top 4 goes down to injury. At this point I'd rather Buehrle over Hutch in the playoffs.

I prefer to look at the glass half full IF the Jays don't get 1st in the AL. Perhaps they will have a chip on their shoulder because of it, a chip that would certainly help them focus in the ALDS. Personally, between the Rangers, Yankees, Astros, and Angels, I don't care who they play. They can beat any of those teams. Are the Jays firing on all cylinders? No. But the Jays have 8 under the hood while the teams listed above are working with 6. Doesn't mean the Jays automatically win, but I like their chances with the way AA has the team constructed and the way Gibby has them playing.

Yeah, 1st would be nice but if KC loses their series it's moot or if a ALCS against KC goes less than 7 games it's also moot. That's why a rested team is a little more important.

I would be curious as to why if Buehrle gets left off the playoff roster. I know teams go with a shortened rotation but you'd think an extra starter would come in handy just in the event that one of the top 4 goes down to injury. At this point I'd rather Buehrle over Hutch in the playoffs.

Tough to say. Buehrle has the experience factor and having won a WS but he's inconsistent. With Hutch at times he's great for awhile and then awful.

@MLBBruceLevine: According to a MLB source Mark Buehle will try to pitch two innings Sunday and call it a career. Not expected to be on post season roster

Wow...

I've had this feeling Buehrle wasn't happy when he was traded because he was assured by the Marlins he wouldn't be and they turned around and traded him. Specifically he wasn't happy being in Toronto and another country.