The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Change coming today?

topbananas

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Subject to change: we should learn more in next day or two regarding Linden as Canucks president and process to hire Gillis' successor.

Dregs still sticking to the script about Linden. Is he trying to save a better candidate for President to help save Nonis' butt?

I'll wait until I see something concrete that Linden's involved at all before I believe it.

Picture%2B14.png

It's a good day for a Canucks troll job...

P.S. I have feeling that John Tavares wants to be a Maple Leaf.

Well you were completely and utterly wrong with this post just like 50% of your other posts. Your opinion is quite possibly the most uninformed and home team biased that anyone has ever seen. I'm just going over to the actual Gillis FIRING post to see if your sorry excuse for a fan or commenter has made it over there....My guess is it hasn't and you're in some dark room with a candle and a pic of MG sobbing gently to yourself. I know you have thousands of posts, but do EVERYONE a favour and just make tonight your last night of posting....you literally have zero credibility and zero respect in terms of an actual hockey based opinion

Well you were completely and utterly wrong with this post just like 50% of your other posts. Your opinion is quite possibly the most uninformed and home team biased that anyone has ever seen. I'm just going over to the actual Gillis FIRING post to see if your sorry excuse for a fan or commenter has made it over there....My guess is it hasn't and you're in some dark room with a candle and a pic of MG sobbing gently to yourself. I know you have thousands of posts, but do EVERYONE a favour and just make tonight your last night of posting....you literally have zero credibility and zero respect in terms of an actual hockey based opinion

Fill your boots ill lumination. I've made plenty of posts over there - do your best.

Btw, you might like this one in particular:

Gillis replaces Nonis once again. You heard it here first. ::D

While 'oldnews' MAY be wrong 50% of the time, you seem to act like an insensitive lout 100% of the time .. your spitefulness denotes a certain level of imbalance potentially harmful to yourself and others .. I would avoid posting here and seek professional assistance soon ..

Firing the GM or coach isn't going to automatically get you more of those. Also, wasn't there a wait list of several years? The ones that don't renew will get picked up by someone else. I think this is more about going through a big change that's needed rather than trying to scrape together a few season tickets that would be bought be other people anyways.

the 7 year waiting list is misleading.

the canucks cap season tickets at 17000 seats. for the past handful of years, they've had a renewal rate of around 98%. that means the 7 year waiting list was calculated at a 2% turnover rate. 2% of 17000 is 340. so 340 people make it off the waiting list each year. if the list is 7 years long, that's 2380 people total on the list.

if season ticket renewals this year have dipped to 85% as rumored, that 15% turnover equates to 2550 people, more than the entire waiting list.

now, if 15% of people are choosing not to renew, its probably a safe bet that 15% of the people on the waiting list will decline the opportunity. that's 357 people.

so you're losing 2550 season ticket holders and only gaining 2023 back, a net loss of 527 season ticket holders.

it may not sound like much, but it is.

the 7 year waiting list is misleading.

the canucks cap season tickets at 17000 seats. for the past handful of years, they've had a renewal rate of around 98%. that means the 7 year waiting list was calculated at a 2% turnover rate. 2% of 17000 is 340. so 340 people make it off the waiting list each year. if the list is 7 years long, that's 2380 people total on the list.

if season ticket renewals this year have dipped to 85% as rumored, that 15% turnover equates to 2550 people, more than the entire waiting list.

now, if 15% of people are choosing not to renew, its probably a safe bet that 15% of the people on the waiting list will decline the opportunity. that's 357 people.

so you're losing 2550 season ticket holders and only gaining 2023 back, a net loss of 527 season ticket holders.

it may not sound like much, but it is.

Excellent post. I think you're being rather generous with your estimate of how many people on that list will purchase the tickets. Consider that the STHs have already worked the cost of their tickets into their budget. It's a lot easier to decide to keep making that kind of expenditure than it is to find the cash to do so.

Archived