The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs (4) Minnesota Wild

Who will win the series?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Varlamov has OWNED the Hawks this year. As a Hawks fan, I'd love to see an Avs-Hawks series for the fast-paced, end-to-end hockey that would be played....but I also want to see the Hawks advance to the next round. The Wild provide a much easier series.

Varly definitely has the potential to make a series out of it but with Barrie gone I'm not all that confident. You guys will just eat Benoit, Holden, Guenin, and Wilson alive. It's not like EJ and Hejda have played very well against the Wild either. There's a slight possibility if Varly pulls a Halak and Crawford craps the bed we could beat you guys but that's exceedingly unlikely.

Varly definitely has the potential to make a series out of it but with Barrie gone I'm not all that confident. You guys will just eat Benoit, Holden, Guenin, and Wilson alive. It's not like EJ and Hejda have played very well against the Wild either. There's a slight possibility if Varly pulls a Halak and Crawford craps the bed we could beat you guys but that's exceedingly unlikely.

Over the course of the 82 game season (as well as the head-to-head competition) the Hawks and Avs have shown to be pretty evenly matched. I think the Hawks do have the "experience" factor going for them, but Varly and Crawford scare the crap out of me. Varly has stood on his head against the Hawks and seems to have thier number this year, meanwhile Crawford has a tendency to let in some REALLY weak goals. The goaltending may be what this series comes down to. One might win a series and the other might lose it.

Either way....should make for an extremely entertaining series centered around speed and creativity instead of thuggery and after-whistle scrums.

Archived