The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Nick Ritchie] Junior Point totals vs Getzlaf, Lucic, and Nash

Merci

I'm gonna repeat what I said earlier. He is not being compared to Nash, Getzlaf, or Perry. He's comparing numbers. It's been made clear that to don't play similar styles. It's not the points that got him such a high ranking, it's all the tools he has. He get compared to Benn because they actually play a fairly similar style.

lmao you have to be kidding me. If you compare point totals with other players, you're comparing them. That's some contradictory logic you got going there.

Ritchie = Jim "the house" Sandluk v.2.0 Actually, even if he could be as good as Sandluk it would be OK. Sandluk played 500+ games in the NHL, only thing was he never developed into a star as was hoped.

lmao you have to be kidding me. If you compare point totals with other players, you're comparing them. That's some contradictory logic you got going there.

Comparing players would mean that they're looking at the way they play. It's been made clear that they don't play similar styles

Comparing players would mean that they're looking at the way they play. It's been made clear that they don't play similar styles

Ok then, styles aside, do you honestly think he has a realistic chance of becoming anything remotely close to Perry, Getzlaf, and Nash points - wise?

Nick Richie, while watching his YouTube fights I came across what he did in February.. A 5 goal game... He had me at 5 goal game...

You know who else had a five goal game before we drafted him? Alex Mallet. He's horrible. Not that I'm saying Ritchie is bad, you just can't base picking a player on one game...

Ok then, styles aside, do you honestly think he has a realistic chance of becoming anything remotely close to Perry, Getzlaf, and Nash points - wise?

He won't be ppg but he has the potential to be a bit better than Lucic (points wise). Lucic is a lot more nasty but Ritchie has much more offensive upside

You know who else had a five goal game before we drafted him? Alex Mallet. He's horrible. Not that I'm saying Ritchie is bad, you just can't base picking a player on one game...

A couple of things to keep in mind when using Mallet as an example. A quick look at Hockeydb yields some good info.

Not saying Richie will be a god or anything, but there are a few things to consider: Mallet was drafted 57 th overall where Richie is projected in the top 10, Mallet gives up about 50 pounds, comparing them now to each other. Plus Mallet got 5 in the goal plentiful q, and Richie did it in the OHL.. I didn't even compare their year at the same age but it looks like richie is kicking his ass in points when compared at the same age.. Looks like that 5 goal game was accomplished a year earlier when that's considered also..

I'd say that you can't compare Mallet to Richie whatsoever... Unless Richie busts, but the chances are much much less looking at how they were/are both projected..

A couple of things to keep in mind when using Mallet as an example. A quick look at Hockeydb yields some good info.

Not saying Richie will be a god or anything, but there are a few things to consider: Mallet was drafted 57 th overall where Richie is projected in the top 10, Mallet gives up about 50 pounds, comparing them now to each other. Plus Mallet got 5 in the goal plentiful q, and Richie did it in the OHL.. I didn't even compare their year at the same age but it looks like richie is kicking his ass in points when compared at the same age.. Looks like that 5 goal game was accomplished a year earlier when that's considered also..

I'd say that you can't compare Mallet to Richie whatsoever... Unless Richie busts, but the chances are much much less looking at how they were/are both projected..

I'm not comparing them, they're not similar players at all. I'm just saying it's silly to fall in love with a player over a single five goal game in junior.

I'm not comparing them, they're not similar players at all. I'm just saying it's silly to fall in love with a player over a single five goal game in junior.

Then why did you use Mallet as an example... And at the same time why are you inferring I was "falling in love with a player" when all I stated was that he had me at 5 goal game. Never heard of this kid before today, but looks pretty promising especially if he is projected at 6th, otherwise who cares right?

Saying that I was being silly is a ridiculous deference from your incorrect comparison..

He won't be ppg but he has the potential to be a bit better than Lucic (points wise). Lucic is a lot more nasty but Ritchie has much more offensive upside

This is a good upside for Ritchie. We would all be delighted with a 30 goal 60 point power forward. However, this is why I differ when it comes to Ehlers vs Ritchie and Virtanen.

Ehlers has 35 to 40 goal 80 point potential. I dont see any reason why Ehlers couldnt turn into Phil Kessel. Its the same goal as Ritchie turning into Lucic.

So it depends on what you want. I would take Kessel over Lucic anyday. Some would disagree and thats ok too. In the ends its not a bad problem to have. Take Kessel or take Lucic. ::D

Archived