The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't watched SCF since 2011, it's the same ol same ol, just like the Pitt-Det repeat.

And I agree with teams losing the SCF and falling off the face of the earth, common among Canadian teams (happened to Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton and then Vancouver, all became middle-bottom of the standings list after). Hopefully Montreal doesn't become a sub .500 team next year, you know Subban will want out if that happens.

I haven't watched SCF since 2011, it's the same ol same ol, just like the Pitt-Det repeat.

And I agree with teams losing the SCF and falling off the face of the earth, common among Canadian teams (happened to Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton and then Vancouver, all became middle-bottom of the standings list after). Hopefully Montreal doesn't become a sub .500 team next year, you know Subban will want out if that happens.

All these cup winning teams are always pretty much 100% healthy. The canucks for whatever reason have always been frail and soft. I mean we lose players to long injuries off clean body checks. You'll never win a cup that way

Couple things from tonights game.

Krieder proving once again he's a douchebag.

Doughty is awesome, Mistake on that goal but, meh, he got it back.

Girardi is way over rated. Even before tonights F'up, he's had some horrible games.

And Williams is clutch. But everyone already knew that.

Kings fan?

The Canucks didn't become a .500 team the season after their Cup run. They won another President's trophy and then got bounced by the eventual Cup champions, whom they faced without Daniel Sedin until the series was essentially over.

It should be noted that that same Kings' team steamrolled every team they faced on the way to that Cup win.

Vancouver's decline was never steep, at least not until they hired Torts...

The Canucks didn't become a .500 team the season after their Cup run. They won another President's trophy and then got bounced by the eventual Cup champions, whom they faced without Daniel Sedin until the series was essentially over.

It should be noted that that same Kings' team steamrolled every team they faced on the way to that Cup win.

Never thought I would say this, as I had high hopes for Torts, but he may have just done us a favor.

He was picking his nose at the blue line while Girardi passed the puck to Williams. Probs thought McDonagh was there. My god was he out of position.

So everyone saying it was McDonagh with the assist, it was Girardi. Although McDonagh is the one to blame.

Did you get that from our friend Don Cherry?

McDonaugh was moving up the ice to go on the attack because he thought Girardi was in control of the pick just like everybody else. Girardi was the one who fumbled then tripped. This was all on Girardi, but it happens and you move on to game 2.

Honestly, it should be mandatory to decide and publish what team you root for as soon as you create a user on this board.

lol why? I have a favourite team whom I will always cheer for against any other team, but in every series I always prefer one team over another.

Sue me

This is like deja vu as the Canucks under AV were also known for horrible lapses that cost them games late. That and I am starting to think that maybe the diving phenomenon in Vancouver was part of AV's playbook......because I don't ever remember seeing the Rangers key guys dive this much before AV took over. LA are notorious divers too of course, but they have been for a long time.

This is like deja vu as the Canucks under AV were also known for horrible lapses that cost them games late. That and I am starting to think that maybe the diving phenomenon in Vancouver was part of AV's playbook......because I don't ever remember seeing the Rangers key guys dive this much before AV took over. LA are notorious divers too of course, but they have been for a long time.

LOL i think allmost every team has divers now its bin prooven by the bruins and kings it helps to win the cup

Sharks prefected it but still couldnt help them haha

LOL i think allmost every team has divers now its bin prooven by the bruins and kings it helps to win the cup

Sharks prefected it but still couldnt help them haha

Yes every team has divers of course. But the Rangers have really gotten a lot worse for it this season as opposed to seasons past.

Yes every team has divers of course. But the Rangers have really gotten a lot worse for it this season as opposed to seasons past.

And when you can 'dive' feet first into the other teams #1 goalie, then voila .. BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. great work, Alain .. :ph34r:

Yeah thats true now u mention it ive seen them dive a lot. Seems to be working for them but now there up against the kings of diving!

But im still hoping for the kings lol

Sticking with my prediction. Kings cruise to the cup in 5.

And I .. the League may manage Game 3, but then it will be up to the Rangers and AV to win the 4th game .. without 'divine intervention', that ain't happening, IMO

what about the year before torts when canucks finished 4 points better than 9th place cbj ? only reason they made the playoffs was the terrible division.... but i guess that was torts fault too. so going from pres trophy winners to barely winning the worst division in the west i would say thats a pretty steep decline.

I can't understand why people think the Rangers are diving now (if people were honest most of them would say they hardly watched Rangers under Tortorella and I wouldn't blame them, they were awful) and to say that Kreider intentionally set out to injure Price is just sour grapes imo.

I have watched every game in the SC this season (one of the best I've seen recently) and every team has players that simulate/embelish. Rangers are no worse or better than anyone else, neither were the Canucks.

I think there is some envy and ill feeling towards AV on here and it seems to manifest itself in comments meant to detract from Rangers fine performances to date.

As for managing games well some myths never die it seems, while we have the conspiracy theorists on CDC :)

Archived