The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes every team has divers of course. But the Rangers have really gotten a lot worse for it this season as opposed to seasons past.

Interesting that a noted AV critic would post something about the Rags doing a lot of diving after a game where Drew Doughty was penalized for a dive that would have made Bill Barber proud...

what about the year before torts when canucks finished 4 points better than 9th place cbj ? only reason they made the playoffs was the terrible division.... but i guess that was torts fault too. so going from pres trophy winners to barely winning the worst division in the west i would say thats a pretty steep decline.

That whole "weak division" garbage has been debunked many times.

If you read my post, you'd see that I didn't say they hadn't declined. They have, but it was a gradual decline, up until last season that is....But hey, if just pointing it out to you isn't enough, how about some simple math:

2011: 1st overall

2012: 1st overall

2013: 8th overall (most of that season without Ryan Kesler)

2014: 25th overall

Last year was steep.

Not even the Brassard spinorama one?

I don't really see either team diving more than the other, but there is embellishment going on out there.

But He actually DID get hit in the face with a stick. If that helps the refs make the right call then so be it.

That's why I said embellishment.

He did get hit with a stick, but not nearly hard enough to do a pirouette.

Yea ok but a dive is when a player tries to get a call when it is not worthy of a penalty. That clearly was a penalty

Regehr coming back for game 2 may work in New York's favor. Hasn't played in a while and he's pretty slow, so he'll likely have problems with the Rangers speed. Still think LA's got the series, but I think they lose game 2.

thought this was pretty hilarious too: http://theroyalhalf.com/madison-square-staples-center/

Kings take out an ad near MSG with Will Ferrell lmao.

Interesting that a noted AV critic would post something about the Rags doing a lot of diving after a game where Drew Doughty was penalized for a dive that would have made Bill Barber proud...

2011: 1st overall

2012: 1st overall

2013: 8th overall (most of that season without Ryan Kesler)

2014: 25th overall

Last year was steep.

I think the real problem was in 2012 the Kings were just a fantastic team that had under-performed under their old coach. When they added Carter, they were a better team than we were. We just got kicked out first.

2013 the first cracks started to appear in the Sedins . They were 32 years old and it was starting to show. Especially Daniel. I think Kesler missing much of the year hurt us as well. We werent a contender anyways. The Hawks had refurbished their back end and the Kings were now even better.

2014 The Sedins are even older and were over used by a coach who was mandated to force us into contention. He couldnt and made it worse. We simply dont have the talent.

The reason our decline was so steep was the age that the twins finally matured was so old that their decline followed too soon afterwards. The loss of Torres, Erhoff and Manny were also key factors.

Regehr coming back for game 2 may work in New York's favor. Hasn't played in a while and he's pretty slow, so he'll likely have problems with the Rangers speed. Still think LA's got the series, but I think they lose game 2.

thought this was pretty hilarious too: http://theroyalhalf.com/madison-square-staples-center/

Kings take out an ad near MSG with Will Ferrell lmao.

Looks like no Robyn Regehr tonight.

As far as fatigue, the Rangers played one less game than the Kings so I'm not sure the Kings are at any considerable disadvantage, especially with the first two games at home. The Rangers did have a few more days off between the conference final and the Cup final but I'm not sure the fatigue is really a big issue.

Archived