I could see Kesler for Sutter, Pouliot, 1st

then turn Sutter + 6th + Corrado into first or second Overall

Kesler 6th Corrado

Turns into

Reinhart Pouliot and 22nd OA

Pouliot replaces Corrado in the pipeline

Reinhart replaces Kes could easily be better though

still get 22nd

a lot of unknowns, because none of the guys we get are proven, but to me it's worth the gamble.

The value for first is a lot, but you need to think from Florida's/Buf perspective

Some people would prefer to keep 6 and add what ever we can get for Kes from a team like Anahiem, personally I would rather trade out of the division, pick up a great PMD prospect a 1C prospect, and a late first that could be Bleackley Scherbak Larkin, or anyone of the numerous prospects all in that clump.

If we did trade with Anahiem we could swing a deal using the 6th and 10th for top 2 pick and that would be a good value deal as we don't lose Corrado.

If we keep all assets we get from the Kes trade and our pick. We add 2 good pieces, but I don't know what their value will be.

SO many options this year...

Big value to move up, maybe add a pick or prospect from Florida or Buf, but you gotta think from their perspective. What would Florida ask for?

In 2008, the Leafs made a deal with the New York Islanders, moving from No. 7 overall to No. 5 overall to grab Luke Schenn. The cost of the deal was a second and third round draft pick. The Islanders moved down again, to No. 9 overall, in exchange for a second round draft pick.

In 2004, the Carolina Hurricanes advanced from No. 8 overall to No. 4 overall, trading a second round pick to the Columbus Blue Jackets in the process.

In 2003, the Pittsburgh Penguins moved from the No. 3 overall slot to No. 1 overall in their pursuit of goalie Marc-Andre Fleury; the cost was Mikael Samuelsson and a second round draft pick (with a third rounder coming the other way).

Every draft is a little different – looking back, the cost to move up in 2003 or 2004 was significantly less than it was in 2008. With that said, the deal suggested to Joyce seems to be in the range, particularly since we’re likely talking about a team a little ways back making a significant move up the draft order.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2014/06/04/is-the-edmonton-oilers-best-play-at-the-2014-nhl-draft-to-move-down-in-exchange-for-immediate-help/

I swear you just posted this somewhere else.

The Sabres dont want an RFA 25 year old 3rd line guy and a 5th round Corrado who hasnt even made the NHL to trade down to the #6 spot.

I did but two people were bickering about whatever in that thread so I decided to move it to proposal in order to get some feedback.

I realize you don't think it's fair value and that's okay. Just an idea that I had. I'm interested to see what you think would improve it though??

Your welcome for the Plus.

^Or try your 2nd deal with Buffalo, instead of Flor? I like Corrado..maybe this?

Sutter, TANEV, #6 pick & Gaunce/Jensen(don't know if Buff wants another young C)

Their #2 overall, & Ristolainen(big righty, #8 from 2013 class), & a 2015 2nd(they've got a bushel of high picks).

^Or try your 2nd deal with Buffalo, instead of Flor? I like Corrado..maybe this?

Sutter, TANEV, #6 pick & Gaunce/Jensen(don't know if Buff wants another young C)

Their #2 overall, & Ristolainen(big righty, #8 from 2013 class), & a 2015 2nd(they've got a bushel of high picks).

The Sabres reject, actually I reject for them. That is truly awful.

Both Ristolainen and Zadorov are off limits from Buffalo's point of view.

I could see florida maybe being interested if it was Tanev, already seasoned into a top 4 guy. Corrado doesn't really help them win now.

I would actually be cool with it if it meant pouliot is coming our way.

Out Kesler(might not resign in 2yrs anyway) Tanev(good but pouliot has star PMD written all over him) and 6th.

In Reinhart(future first line centre) Pouliot(future #1 offensive dman) and wildcard pick(Ho-Sang/Milano maybe)

Shinkaruk Reinhart Jensen

Ho-Sang Horvat Kassian

Pouliot Corrado

Hutton Subban

That's a skilled lineup

I could see Kesler for Sutter, Pouliot, 1st

then turn Sutter + 6th + Corrado into first or second Overall

Kesler 6th Corrado

Turns into

Reinhart Pouliot and 22nd OA

Pouliot replaces Corrado in the pipeline

Reinhart replaces Kes could easily be better though

still get 22nd

a lot of unknowns, because none of the guys we get are proven, but to me it's worth the gamble.

The value for first is a lot, but you need to think from Florida's/Buf perspective

Some people would prefer to keep 6 and add what ever we can get for Kes from a team like Anahiem, personally I would rather trade out of the division, pick up a great PMD prospect a 1C prospect, and a late first that could be Bleackley Scherbak Larkin, or anyone of the numerous prospects all in that clump.

If we did trade with Anahiem we could swing a deal using the 6th and 10th for top 2 pick and that would be a good value deal as we don't lose Corrado.

If we keep all assets we get from the Kes trade and our pick. We add 2 good pieces, but I don't know what their value will be.

SO many options this year...

Big value to move up, maybe add a pick or prospect from Florida or Buf, but you gotta think from their perspective. What would Florida ask for?

In 2008, the Leafs made a deal with the New York Islanders, moving from No. 7 overall to No. 5 overall to grab Luke Schenn. The cost of the deal was a second and third round draft pick. The Islanders moved down again, to No. 9 overall, in exchange for a second round draft pick.

In 2004, the Carolina Hurricanes advanced from No. 8 overall to No. 4 overall, trading a second round pick to the Columbus Blue Jackets in the process.

In 2003, the Pittsburgh Penguins moved from the No. 3 overall slot to No. 1 overall in their pursuit of goalie Marc-Andre Fleury; the cost was Mikael Samuelsson and a second round draft pick (with a third rounder coming the other way).

Every draft is a little different – looking back, the cost to move up in 2003 or 2004 was significantly less than it was in 2008. With that said, the deal suggested to Joyce seems to be in the range, particularly since we’re likely talking about a team a little ways back making a significant move up the draft order.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2014/06/04/is-the-edmonton-oilers-best-play-at-the-2014-nhl-draft-to-move-down-in-exchange-for-immediate-help/

Florida & Buffalo would both reject.

I could see florida maybe being interested if it was Tanev, already seasoned into a top 4 guy. Corrado doesn't really help them win now.

I would actually be cool with it if it meant pouliot is coming our way.

Out Kesler(might not resign in 2yrs anyway) Tanev(good but pouliot has star PMD written all over him) and 6th.

In Reinhart(future first line centre) Pouliot(future #1 offensive dman) and wildcard pick(Ho-Sang/Milano maybe)

Shinkaruk Reinhart Jensen

Ho-Sang Horvat Kassian

Pouliot Corrado

Hutton Subban

That's a skilled lineup

Defense would need to be worked on in that lineup.

Defense would need to be worked on in that lineup.

For sure but we'd have plenty of time to do that. It's a great head start locking down a number 1 puck mover and top centre.

Start by taking one with the 36th pick and possibly your first rounder next year. If we crap the bed again maybe we get hanifin or next best D to him?

Archived