The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours, Off Season Edition

I would strongly disagree with that Reinhart is not that much better if at all than some of the players who are going to be available at the 6th spot.

ypu can strongly disagree all you want. the fact of the matter is that you, like I and everyone else have no fucking idea. what do you do when you have no idea about something you need to make a decision on? research past examples. research shows that traditionally the player chosen first overall has a significantly better career than the player that was chosen 6th despite your beliefs.

ypu can strongly disagree all you want. the fact of the matter is that you, like I and everyone else have no ???? idea. what do you do when you have no idea about something you need to make a decision on? research past examples. research shows that traditionally the player chosen first overall has a significantly better career than the player that was chosen 6th despite your beliefs.

Every year there is that one player that everyone says is the overall best player in the draft and this year the general consensus is that Ekblad is the best player in the draft.

When was the last year that a GM went off the bored and didn't select who was thought to be the best player in the draft?

Every year there is that one player that everyone says is the overall best player in the draft and this year the general consensus is that Ekblad is the best player in the draft.

When was the last year that a GM went off the bored and didn't select who was thought to be the best player in the draft?

whens the last time the top projected defenseman of any draft year turned out to be better than the top projected forward?

Guest Dasein

whens the last time the top projected defenseman of any draft year turned out to be better than the top projected forward?

Setting yourself up for the Pronger vs. Daigle rebuttal, my friend...

I am in favour of Reinhart over Ekblad, but there's always exception to the general norm.

Setting yourself up for the Pronger vs. Daigle rebuttal, my friend...

I am in favour of Reinhart over Ekblad, but there's always exception to the general norm.

so like 1 time... in the last 20 years hahaha ill take my chances. even if ekblad has a slightly beyter carrer thats fine. its been dually noted that we lack scoring. AE will not help that. we have a relatively young/prime dcore right now anyways.

Guest Dasein

You are confusing your facts.

The general consensus is NOT that Ekblad is the best player in the draft, but that Florida will draft Ekblad 1st overall if they keep the pick - obviously - because Florida has made it explicitly clear that they will take Ekblad at #1. And because Florida has said this, and NOT because Ekblad is the general consensus best player, every single mock draft has Ekblad going #1 to Florida.

Truth is, Sam Bennett is #1 on CSS and Sam Reinhart is #1 on ISS - Ekblad is #2 on both lists. There cannot be a general consensus that Ekblad is the best player in the draft when neither major rankings have him at #1.

You are confusing the fact that everyone has Ekblad at #1 to Florida as Ekblad being the consensus best player when actually there's another reason that he is #1 in every mock draft: because Florida said so.

There is no consensus BPA this year. It's a flip between Reinhart, Bennett and Ekblad, and positional needs will likely dictate who is drafted over another. For us, it's Reinhart. For Florida, it's Ekblad.

last year, jones was regarded as bpa.

This guy has it right. Both CSS and ISS had Jones as #1 over MacKinnon.

So there you go. Franchise center over defenseman, and it turned out well for both teams.

so like 1 time... in the last 20 years hahaha ill take my chances. even if ekblad has a slightly beyter carrer thats fine. its been dually noted that we lack scoring. AE will not help that. we have a relatively young/prime dcore right now anyways.

2012? Nail Yakupov undisputed first overall pick so much so that Edmonton took him over Ryan Murray when they desperately needed defense. Looking back there is no doubt that Edmonton would be taking Murray.

oh ryan Murray... carrer like what 12 pts on a playoff team? that pick cant be disputed for a while but ipl give it to yak right now for having more points on that pile of poo of a hockey club.

edit: just looked it up RM has 21 pts this season. the jury is still out on this pick but if your that desperate for a win ill give it to you.

so 2. 2 years in the last 21 has the top projected dman had a better career (so far) than the top projected forward.

ill still take the 90% over the 10%

You are confusing your facts.

The general consensus is NOT that Ekblad is the best player in the draft, but that Florida will draft Ekblad 1st overall if they keep the pick - obviously - because Florida has made it explicitly clear that they will take Ekblad at #1. And because Florida has said this, and NOT because Ekblad is the general consensus best player, every single mock draft has Ekblad going #1 to Florida.

Truth is, Sam Bennett is #1 on CSS and Sam Reinhart is #1 on ISS - Ekblad is #2 on both lists. There cannot be a general consensus that Ekblad is the best player in the draft when neither major rankings have him at #1.

You are confusing the fact that everyone has Ekblad at #1 to Florida as Ekblad being the consensus best player when actually there's another reason that he is #1 in every mock draft: because Florida said so.

There is no consensus BPA this year. It's a flip between Reinhart, Bennett and Ekblad, and positional needs will likely dictate who is drafted over another. For us, it's Reinhart. For Florida, it's Ekblad.

This guy has it right. Both CSS and ISS had Jones as #1 over MacKinnon.

So there you go. Franchise center over defenseman, and it turned out well for both teams.

I'm not confusing anything? Ekblad is said to be the best player in this draft pool. Mackinnon was the best player available in last years draft there was never any doubt that Colorado would be taking Mackinnon. Jones going first overall would of been a pretty big surprise.

oh ryan Murray... carrer like what 12 pts on a playoff team? that pick cant be disputed for a while but ipl give it to yak right now for having more points on that pile of poo of a hockey club.

edit: just looked it up RM has 21 pts this season. the jury is still out on this pick but if your that desperate for a win ill give it to you.

so 2. 2 years in the last 21 has the top projected dman had a better career (so far) than the top projected forward.

ill still take the 90% over the 10%

Yea I was going to say,

Yakupov 24 points last year 3 more than Murray but a terrible -33

2012-2013 OILERS 48 17 14 31 -4

2013-2014 OILERS 63 11 13 24 -33

First year in the NHL for a defenseman he has pretty good stats..

2013-2014 BLUE JACKETS 66 4 17 21 4 10 3

Yea I was going to say,

Yakupov 24 points last year 3 more than Murray but a terrible -33 2012-2013 OILERS 48 17 14 31 -4

2013-2014 OILERS 63 11 13 24 -33

First year in the NHL for a defenseman he has pretty good stats.. 2013-2014 BLUE JACKETS 66 4 17 21 4 10 3

ya like I said. you can have that win. so your now at 2/20... congrats I still win.

The general consensus has Aaron Ekblad #1. He has separated himself. 7/12 scouts Bob McKenzie interviewed had Ekblad #1. 2/12 scouts had Bennett #1. It's usually split between Ekblad and Bennett on a lot of lists. Ekblad is the best player in this draft.

The general consensus has Aaron Ekblad #1. He has separated himself. 7/12 scouts Bob McKenzie interviewed had Ekblad #1. 2/12 scouts had Bennett #1. It's usually split between Ekblad and Bennett on a lot of lists. Ekblad is the best player in this draft.

He may be the BPA, but if we're moving up it'll be for Reinhart.

I'd say 2008 was pretty even. Stamkos and Doughty are 2 of the best in their positions. Not fair to say one is better than the other

aha no. stamkos.

not to knock doughty he is one of thw better dmen out there but stamkos has scored the most goals in the last like 3 years has he not?

ya like I said. you can have that win. so your now at 2/20... congrats I still win.

You said when was the last time a top projected defenseman turned out to be better than a top projected forward in response to me saying when was the last time a GM went off the board to select a player who wasn't projected to go first overall - which hasn't happened for a very long time.

It happened 2 years ago.

/I win

aha no. stamkos.

not to knock doughty he is one of thw better dmen out there but stamkos has scored the most goals in the last like 3 years has he not?

2 gold medals, 2 stanley cups, norris finalist. Stamkos is one of the best, but the way Doughty elevated his game in this year's playoffs makes him just as valuable. That's just my opinion though

You said when was the last time a top projected defenseman turned out to be better than a top projected forward in response to me saying when was the last time a GM went off the board to select a player who wasn't projected to go first overall - which hasn't happened for a very long time.

It happened 2 years ago.

/I win

okay then ill argue it.

yak was a -33 on a team that has finished las last second last third last in the past 4 years. he also has collected 55 pts in 111 games good for .5 pts per game on the ass pf a team.

murray on thw other hand had 1 decent season (21pts only 4 goals) playing on a playoff team in front of last years vezna winner... alot better than the trash Edmonton has between the pipes.

2 gold medals, 2 stanley cups, norris finalist. Stamkos is one of the best, but the way Doughty elevated his game in this year's playoffs makes him just as valuable. That's just my opinion though

2 gold medals on a stacked Canada team that I could have played on. in that logic Luongo is better than price because he has more team hardware. stamkos was robbed of those 2 gold medals because of injury and for whatever reason stevey y left him off in 2010. norris finalist means your the best loser so that counts for nothing and the cups well ya but la would still have 2 cups if they drafted stammer and tbl would still have zero with doughty.

*I know tbl has a cup, im referring to since those guys were drafted.

agaiq not a knock on drew. hes a great number one dman. but I take the 50 goal scorer all day every day.

Archived