The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours, Off Season Edition

okay then ill argue it.

yak was a -33 on a team that has finished las last second last third last in the past 4 years. he also has collected 55 pts in 111 games good for .5 pts per game on the ass pf a team.

murray on thw other hand had 1 decent season (21pts only 4 goals) playing on a playoff team in front of last years vezna winner... alot better than the trash Edmonton has between the pipes.

Yak was a team worse with the fewest games played -33.

If Murray played as poorly as Yak played this year the Blue Jackets would not be a playoff team and if you compare Murray's first season with Doughty first season Murray had very encouraging season next year will tell if he can make the jump to be even better. Bobrovsky did not have a stellar year either he was pretty mediocre.

The Blue Jackets traded away Nash and Gaborik played pretty much the whole year without Horton and still made the playoffs, no one predicted that. No one predicted Murray to be as good as he was in his first year, at least not the Oilers!

Yak was a team worse with the fewest games played -33.

If Murray played as poorly as Yak played this year the Blue Jackets would not be a playoff team and if you compare Murray's first season with Doughty first season Murray had very encouraging season next year will tell if he can make the jump to be even better. Bobrovsky did not have a stellar year either he was pretty mediocre.

The Blue Jackets traded away Nash and Gaborik played pretty much the whole year without Horton and still made the playoffs, no one predicted that. No one predicted Murray to be as good as he was in his first year, at least not the Oilers!

murray could have a huge drop too just like myers with buffalo. or he could elevate his game to the next level. only time will tell. okay so its settled. much too early to tell.

Guest Dasein

I'm not confusing anything? Ekblad is said to be the best player in this draft pool. Mackinnon was the best player available in last years draft there was never any doubt that Colorado would be taking Mackinnon. Jones going first overall would of been a pretty big surprise.

BY WHO? You keep blurting this out as if it is a fact without providing any solid evidence that the general consensus is indeed Ekblad, while I've given you evidence that suggest otherwise.

I just gave you the #1 players for ISS and CSS rankings, and both their names are not EKBLAD, and start with "SAM." How is Ekblad the best player in this draft pool when the TWO major rankings both say that he's not #1...

Jones was #1 on BOTH ISS and CSS rankings last year leading up to the draft so he was the consensus #1 leading up to the draft... The only reason Colorado's pick wasn't a surprise is because Colorado said from the beginning that they would take MacKinnon - JUST like Florida is right now with Ekblad.

According to Pierre LeBrun of ESPN, both the Ducks and Blues have talked to the Senators about Jason Spezza and the Canucks about Ryan Kesler. Currently the asking price is too high for the Ducks and Blues. LeBrun guesses the Senators would like to get their 10th overall pick back from the Ducks, and the Ducks probably don’t want to part with it.

Joe Thornton has given no indication that he wants to leave San Jose, but he could change his mind at some point. Teams are calling the Sharks about Thornton. The Red Wings have held very preliminary talks with Sharks. It may be hard for the Red Wings to do anything as long as Stephen Weiss and this $4.9 million contract is on their books (four years left). Another obstacle could be that Thornton doesn’t want to go to Detroit.

From hockey buzz

On Markov...

It appears to be coming to a head in Montreal and I sure wouldn't call it a slam dunk that Markov is signed before the draft. Detroit and Edmonton have very serious interest.

On Vanek...

While many still feel he will be heading to where his family wants to be in Minnesota it really doesn't appear a given that the Wild are interested in going very high for Vanek, and yet Phoenix may be. Anaheim, once very much in the mix for Vanek, is only monitoring this loosely at this point I am told.

On Mason Raymond...

Winnipeg and Columbus look to be willing to go much higher than Toronto may be at this point...That could change though.

On Joe Thornton...

There are those who are no implying he doesn't want to play in Detroit or Toronto...all I know is I interviewed Thornton a few years ago and he cited both teams among the teams and cities he most liked to play in and against. I would keep an eye on Anaheim here as well. Kesler and Spezza prices may lead Anaheim to this option I am told.

On Jonas Hiller...

Basically a two team race, Minnesota and NJ, although I have definitely heard the Canucks mentioned. Hiller will be quite the find for someone this summer.

On Ryan Miller...

This is a three team race between Vancouver, San Jose, and Pittsburgh...Anaheim appears to have decided to mainly stick with their kids...for now..

No thanks to m/hiller

Guest Dasein

Speaking of the 2012 draft, that year was an anomaly.

Firstly, it was loaded with talented defensemen: Ryan Murray (2nd), Griffin Reinhart (4th), Morgan Reilly (5th), Hampus Lindholm (6th), Matt Dumba (7th), Derrick Pouliot (8th), Jason Trouba (9th), Slater Koekkoek (10th), Cody Ceci (15th), Olli Maatta (22nd)

Seven of them have already played in the NHL and four of them posted better numbers than Murray (Rielly, Lindholm, Trouba and Maatta). Easy to say that Murray isn't even close to being a #1 consensus among defensemen picked that year - I would say that honour goes to either Trouba or Rielly.

Secondly, as for the forwards, it was a pretty weak draft class.

So far I would say two have outperformed Yakupov - Galchenyuk and Hertl.

In that sense, both Murray and Yakupov weren't BPAs in their respective positions. Neither were the best choices.

It was a strange year with TWO players who I think should have been the real contenders for the #1 pick - Galchenyuk and Rielly - did not play the majority of their draft year due to injuries. Despite missing a year of development, both went in the top 5 and both are in the conversation for Best Player from their draft of their respective positions.

I think 2012 could have been a year where the #1 could have been a defenseman, given the lack of elite talent in general and a complete absence of elite Canadian talent (first Canadian forward was Scott Laughton, followed by our own Brendan Gaunce). As for Yakupov vs. Murray, Murray looks better - but that doesn't mean much when he's not the best defenseman from that draft. If anything, it shows that the trajectory of development for defensemen are volatile and unpredictable, and that elite defensemen can be had later more often than forwards.

Guest Dasein

From hockey buzz

No thanks to m/hiller

1. I could see Edmonton go hard for Markov...

2. Vanek really hurt his value in the playoff run - he was atrocious. Anyone with serious plans to be a contender - not just a playoff team - would not throw big money at this guy. Only for teams that just want to make the playoffs but are nowhere near contention. This guy is not the guy that gets you over the hump like a Marian Gaborik does...

3. Good luck to getting Jumbo Joe, Anaheim. As if San Jose would trade Joe at a lower price than we are asking for Kesler when we're ALL in the same division...

4. Not interested in Miller unless he comes at a huge discount at short-term to stay in the same time zone as his wife. Do not want a guy who's coming West just to be closer to his wifey - makes me question his will to win if being close to his wife determines largely where he wants to play. Luongo sucked it up for nearly 7 seasons to try and win here...

Guest Dasein

http://www.puckrant.com/Rumours

Kesler Deal close2014-06-21Benning wants it done now

Jim Benning wants the Kesler drama to end before the draft so that he can focus on drafting and free agency and not the drama that will come with a "Summer of Kesler" scenario. Right now Detroit and Pittsburgh are the frontrunners. Deal gets done before Thursday

Looked at some of the other "rumours" on that page.

If most of those came to fruition, I would say we could make the playoffs even as early as next season...

1. Kesler for 1 roster player + prospects/picks I assume

2. Reinhart for Tanev + 6th

3. Boychuk for Jensen/Hansen+

Essentially we replace Tanev with Boychuk, which I think is an upgrade. We replace Kesler with Reinhart - who can fill the role decently and will only get better. Whoever we have returning for Kesler can replace Jensen/Hansen I am sure of it.

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Santorelli - Reinhart - Kassian

Horvat/Gaunce - Richardson - <piece from Kesler trade>

Higgins - Matthias - ________

Edler - Boychuk

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Corrado

Lack

Markstrom

It would be golden if we could get Kelly as well. Might make Santorelli expendable.

If there was a Lemieux, Lefleur or a Crosby in this draft, then trading Horvat + #6 would be a good gamble. However there is no real potential can't miss HOF player so staying put is just as good an option

you wouldn't get number 1 for Horvat and 6th if there was a Crosby

The general consensus has Aaron Ekblad #1. He has separated himself. 7/12 scouts Bob McKenzie interviewed had Ekblad #1. 2/12 scouts had Bennett #1. It's usually split between Ekblad and Bennett on a lot of lists. Ekblad is the best player in this draft.

BY WHO? You keep blurting this out as if it is a fact without providing any solid evidence that the general consensus is indeed Ekblad, while I've given you evidence that suggest otherwise.

I just gave you the #1 players for ISS and CSS rankings, and both their names are not EKBLAD, and start with "SAM." How is Ekblad the best player in this draft pool when the TWO major rankings both say that he's not #1...

Jones was #1 on BOTH ISS and CSS rankings last year leading up to the draft so he was the consensus #1 leading up to the draft... The only reason Colorado's pick wasn't a surprise is because Colorado said from the beginning that they would take MacKinnon - JUST like Florida is right now with Ekblad.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426318

Follow up with Hope Smoke / Corey Pronman / Bob McKenzie's twitter - Ekblad is the only Elite Star prospect out of this bunch of kids. Tell me why Bennett & Reinhart didn't get granted exceptional status either, which said something about the guy since day 1

If Kesler wasnt wanting out I'd take Ekblad in a heartbeat

@Tangerines is this a creditable site? Im down if Pittsburg has Pouliot or Mattaa and Detroit has( Nyquist or Mantha just kidding good luck getting 1 of them ). Something like Spourl,Jurco or Tatar and their 1st

The obvious names I'm seeing from media sources would be 2 of Sheanhan/Tatar/Jurco

I would love Almquist

Archived