The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Habs Deal Louis Leblanc to Anaheim

GMMG out gmed again!

Was this ever funny?

Habs shouldn't have picked LeBlanc in the first place. Kreider was picked right after him. But at least they didn't pick up the falling-like-a-rock Schroeder like we did. D'oh.

Was this ever funny?

Habs shouldn't have picked LeBlanc in the first place. Kreider was picked right after him. But at least they didn't pick up the falling-like-a-rock Schroeder like we did. D'oh.

Well they say usually one in every 4-5 picks have an nhl career.on the Canucks it's 1 in 9-10. So in reality when people show the future roster with every prospect we have in the line-up playing they have no clue what they are talking about. If a player isn't playing full time by the time they are 22, chances are they'll never play more than a handful of games at the nhl level.

Well they say usually one in every 4-5 picks have an nhl career.on the Canucks it's 1 in 9-10. So in reality when people show the future roster with every prospect we have in the line-up playing they have no clue what they are talking about. If a player isn't playing full time by the time they are 22, chances are they'll never play more than a handful of games at the nhl level.

It's astoundingly brutal, isn't it.

Hopefully our saviours Linden and Benning turn it around.

It's astoundingly brutal, isn't it.

Hopefully our saviours Linden and Benning turn it around.

Yup, there's always hope. In reality probably NONE of our prospects with the exception of Horvat and Shinkaruk have an nhl career of more than 100 games. Along with whoever we pick at 6th.

Sort of sets the benchmark for Jordan Schroeder's value in the trade market, doesn't it?

JS - 1st pick/22nd overall 2009; 23 years old; 56GP-6G-9A-15PTS (NHL career)

LL - 1st pick/18th overall 2009; 23 years old; 50GP-5G-5A-10PTS (NHL career)

That does not bode well for JS's value.

Schroeder's size alone makes him less valuable, he's essential worthless, so far as trade value goes.

I REALLY hope we give him a good spot and the opportunity to succeed this year,

Let's make him Dasharnais, instead of Leblanc

Watch as Leblanc become a NHL-er next year and everyone in this thread will be eating crow. He looked good a couple years ago, but ran into injury problems. Guys girlfriend(Wozniak) opened her mouth, and gave the kid a bad rep and never fit under Therrien afterwards. Anaheim has a history of finding guys, and turning them into useful NHL-ers. Perrault, Cogliano, Penner, when they were looking like they were finished.

The Conditional is if Leblanc plays 15 games in the NHL.

Schroeder's size alone makes him less valuable, he's essential worthless, so far as trade value goes.

I REALLY hope we give him a good spot and the opportunity to succeed this year,

Let's make him Dasharnais, instead of Leblanc

Agreed-nothing to lose. Either it's a miraculous emergence; or helps us crash out for a top 2015 pick.

Agreed-nothing to lose. Either it's a miraculous emergence; or helps us crash out for a top 2015 pick.

Exactly,

Schroeder and Jensen are almost past their due date,

I say, forget pretending we are a contender this year,

Make Schroeder 2nd line center, and Jensen 1st line winger,

Either they develop into assets or they don't, if they do, we can trade them for new assets or keep them. All the while losing gets us another top 10 pick in 2015, or if they do well, we move into the playoffs with newly developed 1st round picks.

Soon our new picks will need the spots they currently occupy, so it's do or die time, they have more talent then they've had the opportunity to develop. Let's give them what they need, everybody wins.

I know this will never happen though, the Aqualinni would rather flush talent down the toilet then admit for one second that we aren't 2 moves from the cup. He's not willing to lose one season's ticket holder for the sake of the future.

Also why the Hawks haver bailed on the Kesler sweeps, unrealistic expectations, and asking for too much. They want a great player of almost equal value for now AND a top prospect for the future and in reality it just doesn't work that way.

Exactly,

Schroeder and Jensen are almost past their due date,

I say, forget pretending we are a contender this year,

Make Schroeder 2nd line center, and Jensen 1st line winger,

Either they develop into assets or they don't, if they do, we can trade them for new assets or keep them. All the while losing gets us another top 10 pick in 2015, or if they do well, we move into the playoffs with newly developed 1st round picks.

Soon our new picks will need the spots they currently occupy, so it's do or die time, they have more talent then they've had the opportunity to develop. Let's give them what they need, everybody wins.

I know this will never happen though, the Aqualinni would rather flush talent down the toilet then admit for one second that we aren't 2 moves from the cup. He's not willing to lose one season's ticket holder for the sake of the future.

Also why the Hawks haver bailed on the Kesler sweeps, unrealistic expectations, and asking for too much. They want a great player of almost equal value for now AND a top prospect for the future and in reality it just doesn't work that way.

If they follow your lamentably probable path, they'll lose my investment I'll tell you now.(that's my invested time, certainly NOT $$$:^)

This league is rigged, & you'll prob not see Cdn teams winning anymore, at any rate.

Go with youth & plant a decent garden, ferGawdsakes!

Sort of sets the benchmark for Jordan Schroeder's value in the trade market, doesn't it?

JS - 1st pick/22nd overall 2009; 23 years old; 56GP-6G-9A-15PTS (NHL career)

LL - 1st pick/18th overall 2009; 23 years old; 50GP-5G-5A-10PTS (NHL career)

That does not bode well for JS's value.

I don't agree with this comparison. Yeah the overall stats look more or less the same, but at least JS had a lot more success in the minors. JS also had a serious injury to deal with last year, plus a crappy year for the whole entire team that couldn't score after Xmas.

In this NHL where depth in scoring wins playoff rounds, we should give him every opportunity to prove himself before getting rid of him.

Defensively sound, and with a career PCT of around 11%, I bet if we give him better line mates, 2nd unit PP time and more ice time he can do something for us.

Archived