The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I feel bad for Hunter Shinkaruk

dontstresskes

Good opening post OP. I think when you are young stuff like this can really eat away at your confidence and connection to the team. I like the idea of Benning and Linden having a meeting with him.

Also, I hope Shink uses it as a motivator to come to camp and kick some ass. There will be lots of competition for spots over the next few years however I think Shink has a great shot at making the team.

Me too..Hunter also said that Willie drafted him for the Tigers when he was 14..I think he will fit right in with Medicine Hat West..lol

I agree thats tough for a youmg player

Not a way to build team loyalty for the future. If I were Benning and Linden and I had to do some damage control I would fly him out for a dinner and explain the situation be upfront and try and build some buy back. That would be the classy move.

I wish his name did not come out in the rumours. I hope the Cnaucks can redeem themselves here. I dont know ?

What do you think is more likely in a business climate:

1. Flying a teenager across the continent for a dinner date to apologize for offering his services to another team.

or

2. Do nothing, and expect that a soon to be professional player, starts acting like one and takes this kind of thing in stride.

Before answering, think about what happened to the climate around the team last time management bent over the barrel for a young player ... *cough Cody Hodgson *cough

If Hunter lets a trade rumor effect him, he doesn't have the mental toughness to play NHL hockey.

I do think he's mentally tough though, and he'll prove it to us all. Can't wait to see that kid up in the NHL.

I agree thats tough for a youmg player

Not a way to build team loyalty for the future. If I were Benning and Linden and I had to do some damage control I would fly him out for a dinner and explain the situation be upfront and try and build some buy back. That would be the classy move.

I wish his name did not come out in the rumours. I hope the Cnaucks can redeem themselves here. I dont know ?

I completely agree, it gives a great impression and strengthens the relationship between the player and the organization.

Archived