The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I feel bad for Hunter Shinkaruk

dontstresskes

Who's to say his name was actually apart of any trade? Most players going into their first NHL training camp don't make the team. I really don't see how I would feel bad for Shinkaruk, management are excited about him.

Again with the trade, it just goes to show that Shinkaruk has value, should be a compliment.

This is the stupidest comparison you could've brought. Firing and trading are not the same thing. When you are fired you don't get paid anymore. When you are traded you simply go to work for another "company" but you're still getting paid. Quite a difference, I'd say.

Sorry. I drank one too many brews. Well lets say a company hired you, didn't even give you a real chance to work and said we're going to give you to another company because we can get someone better. BETTER?

I actually feel really bad for the kid. He was so happy to be selected by the Vancouver Canucks last year. The kid was probably our BEST prospect when it came to the performing in the training camp (He should of made the team). He gets sent down for "further development" and gets hurt. He plays through the injury to find out that he requires surgery. He does the surgery, starts rehabbing and starts looking forward to trying to make the team next year. How does he get rewarded?

The Canucks were looking into shopping him to acquire a player who HE probably believes he can be better than one day. This kid has that attitude of Patrick Kane where he knows he can be the go to guy. He can play like Daniel Briere in clutch moments and make a difference for his team. These kind of players don't come along often. You don't just trade every small player because you play in a division full of big teams. Guys like him love proving their doubters wrong. I don't know how I'd feel if I was him, but I'd be a upset that my team was looking to move me without giving me an actual chance. The only reason we kept him but that's because Florida said no. He's probably heard that too.

Sniff. Oh cruel world.

I actually feel really bad for the kid. He was so happy to be selected by the Vancouver Canucks last year. The kid was probably our BEST prospect when it came to the performing in the training camp (He should of made the team). He gets sent down for "further development" and gets hurt. He plays through the injury to find out that he requires surgery. He does the surgery, starts rehabbing and starts looking forward to trying to make the team next year. How does he get rewarded?

The Canucks were looking into shopping him to acquire a player who HE probably believes he can be better than one day. This kid has that attitude of Patrick Kane where he knows he can be the go to guy. He can play like Daniel Briere in clutch moments and make a difference for his team. These kind of players don't come along often. You don't just trade every small player because you play in a division full of big teams. Guys like him love proving their doubters wrong. I don't know how I'd feel if I was him, but I'd be a upset that my team was looking to move me without giving me an actual chance. The only reason we kept him but that's because Florida said no. He's probably heard that too.

Guess you didn't get the memo that hockey is a business...I'm sure Shink got that memo so he's probably doesn't feel nearly as bad as you do. But good on you for being sensitive to Shink's feelings.

Sorry. I drank one too many brews. Well lets say a company hired you, didn't even give you a real chance to work and said we're going to give you to another company because we can get someone better. BETTER?

It still doesn't work because normal businesses don't trade their employees to other companies even when they;re under the umbrella of another company.

Feeling bad for hockey players for something that happens to hockey players is like feeling bad for an accountant for having to wear a suit.

Should we feel bad for Bonino because if we could have got a better player we would have?

Benning isn't stupid. There is zero chance he would trade three 1st round picks to move up 5 spots.

Don't trust the media on stuff like this.

The media makes up 90% of what they say on air.

Yep, I hope Hunter doesn't believe what these "analysts" say and I don't think he will.

They interviewed Shink on 1040..I think it was past thursday morning...he handled it all well..asked him if he had heard the rumours, he said yes on twitter and radio/tv...he seemed a little down about it but said its the name of the game..he is just concentrating on getting NHL ready and doesnt want to worry about anything else..

I think he will be fine but I guess it was a small kick in the nads for him..if there is such a thing.

It's part of the business. If you entered the game expecting to play for one team and always be happy and smiling then you got into the wrong career. Benning never said he was part of a deal. It was reported in the media and we all know how much they love to 'speculate'. There was very little in the way of rumours coming out of Van, nice job TL and JB, so the reporters 'speculate'.

Florida wanted a young player to step into their line up right away. I'm sure Hunter will take that as a compliment, work even harder and crack van's line up.

Even if he is upset, Linden is a smooth player and he will step in and up to make sure things are right.

Good opening post OP. I think when you are young stuff like this can really eat away at your confidence and connection to the team. I like the idea of Benning and Linden having a meeting with him.

Also, I hope Shink uses it as a motivator to come to camp and kick some ass. There will be lots of competition for spots over the next few years however I think Shink has a great shot at making the team.

Archived