The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-WSH

• 2 weeks later...

Was gives too much, but they are one of the few teams who might be interested in Markstrom.

How about Markstrom and Hansen for Brouwer ?

Higgins Vey Brouwer could be a decent 3rd line. Canucks could use some more size and I imagine Trotz would like a 2 way guy like Hansen on his team. Markstrom will most likely push Holtby a bit more than Peters.

Was gives too much, but they are one of the few teams who might be interested in Markstrom.

How about Markstrom and Hansen for Brouwer ?

Higgins Vey Brouwer could be a decent 3rd line. Canucks could use some more size and I imagine Trotz would like a 2 way guy like Hansen on his team. Markstrom will most likely push Holtby a bit more than Peters.

Brouwer may be a slight upgrade on Hansen IMO. Both are solid 2 way guys. Can eat up similar minutes.

Brouwer scores at a higher pace, has a bit more size. Hansen is probably the better skater and fore-checker. If this was a change of scenery deal, where both players needed new starts, this would be a good swap IMO. But otherwise I think it's lateral and not worth taking on the extra cap hit.

Hansen is on a good contract. Remember when Burrow's was getting paid $2m/year?

Brouwer may be a slight upgrade on Hansen IMO. Both are solid 2 way guys. Can eat up similar minutes.

Brouwer scores at a higher pace, has a bit more size. Hansen is probably the better skater and fore-checker. If this was a change of scenery deal, where both players needed new starts, this would be a good swap IMO. But otherwise I think it's lateral and not worth taking on the extra cap hit.

Hansen is on a good contract. Remember when Burrow's was getting paid $2m/year?

I really like Hansen's game but think this team is lacking some size so I would be willing to make that swap but I get where you are coming from. Hansen/Markstrom is 3.7 Brouwer is 3.66 so money is the same.

Archived