The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers sign Lee Stempniak.

Plum

Not bad????

How did they sign a guy who averages 1/2 ppg to less than a million bucks?

Am i missing something?

That's only about 300G above league minimum ...

I'd love to see us sign a deal like this. Terrific value. I guess he'll bank in next year if he excels this season?

Not bad????

How did they sign a guy who averages 1/2 ppg to less than a million bucks?

Am i missing something?

That's only about 300G above league minimum ...

Some of the contracts this year are nuts. Good players on cheap one year deals, then guys like engellend abd glass on super expensive deals. Sometimes these GMs just confuse me.

This league's offseason will be less colorful as the free agent boom will be much busier and over a very short period of time, the window to discuss and essentially get contracts in place before the actual free agent period opens also helps.

Players who are very capable and solid secondary players will be left for scraps as we are now seeing, Stempniak is a very serviceable NHLer and at a deal of under 1m per season he could prove quite valuable for the Rangers. I only worry about stunting the development of guys like J.T. Miller who need to play a top nine role and get opportunities.

At first I was like... Sign this guy JB if Hansen is leaving!... To late now but a real good solid 3rd liner..

Great move.

don't get that as Hansen is faster,hits more and is only a 3rd to 4th line player.Hansen is in his prime and makes our 3rd and 4th line better being there, if players get hurt he can step up and play a few games on the 2nd or 1st line thats why he is valuable so I don't see why anyone wants to trade him.

Archived