The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Going To Portland For the 1st Time

Magikal

*Sigh* how closed minded you are. My choice of vehicle or music has nothing to do with me enjoying a weekend in Portland.

Oh and for the record, while I do love Ford trucks, I drive a Mustang.

Don't worry, if he's calling you names, chances are, you've got under his skin being smarter. Think of it as an inadvertent compliment. :)

I've only been to Portland a few times, mainly I remember ice skating at some shopping venues, and of course the rain people from Vancouver should be used to.

If only you had been there a few weeks earlier, could have met the World Cup champs.

Don't worry, if he's calling you names, chances are, you've got under his skin being smarter. Think of it as an inadvertent compliment. :)

I've only been to Portland a few times, mainly I remember ice skating at some shopping venues, and of course the rain people from Vancouver should be used to.

If only you had been there a few weeks earlier, could have met the World Cup champs.

That happens a lot on these boards.

i might head down to portland in nov to watch nba game (to see cleveland lebron james).. probably just gonna stay a day or 2... nice to see info here as to places to go..

If anything you should take advantage of being in a state (Oregon) with no sales tax, especially for a British Columbian.

Washington is only a non-sales tax state to people who are from no-sales-tax states and provinces (i.e. Alberta, Montana, Oregon, to name a few).

24 hrs - $200

48 hrs - $800 + alcohol

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/mobile/rrc-rrp-4-eng.html

Check out Salt & Straw - it's a really nice ice cream shop that IMO beats out Earnest. Pioneer Square in downtown is a shopping mall where you can load up on tax-free goodies. Go to 10th and Alder in downtown for a whole variety of food trucks.

I've been to Voodoo Donuts once, and I liked it, but some say it's not worth the >1 hr wait. If you do, be amazed at the weird types of doughnuts they have on selection.

Hope this helps.

I went to Voodoo when I went down for the Whitecaps game this year and I got in and out twice with minimal wait time. Portland is awesome, if you go downtown near the soccer stadium everything is walking distance.

Check out the distillary tour and the craft brewery pubs down there too if your into that type of stuff.

I really enjoyed the food at Santeria....a little hole in the wall with maybe 5-6 tables. It's actually attached to a strip club as well so if you gotta use the bathroom you gotta go over to the strip club lol

VooDoo donuts was good! Wait was only like 15 mins for me but that was at like 4 in the morning

Do some brewery tours

Magikal I just went there last week. It was beautiful. Went to the Oregon coast saw Washington from there. Also went to Portland on the way back. I recommend going by Portland and go drop by Wood burn. You'll see the outlets and they sell bags there twice more cheaper than here plus the benefit of all this is that there's no tax. So if I were u take everything cheap there and buy . They sell great stuff for a cheap price.

WEird people, congested and boring city. But I'm not one to drink, shop or eat fancy when I travel.

I'd head to the coast and the dunes, do the old highway to multomah falls and see the view from crown point. heard the tilamook cheese factory was fun but i've never gone. if the weather is good and only then, take the hour detour off I5 to the ridge to view mt. st. helens. There's a 10 falls hike that goes to 10 waterfalls that we never got to that looked good - southeast of the woodburn outlets, I think.

Monty has a good list of the highlights if you're just doing portland - just don't have high expectations. oh, but i will add pittock mansion to the list. not the actual mansion, but the view from there.

trip with the gf, huh? trips can solidify or ruin relationships. good luck with that. lol

Archived