The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2014-15

Nail

Carolina defenseman Nicklas Grossmann, on the final year of a $3.5M contract, can be had for very little. If interested, PM me soon as the window small.

Defenseman Chris Phillips and Marc Staal are also available. However, understanding that Staal's salary limits takers and Grossmann is a little more attractive pool points wise than Phillips, I'm dangli Grossmann at this time as I know his one year contract would be easier to swallow at this point.

Niemi.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres have signed goaltender Antti Niemi to a two year deal worth 8.6M (first year: 5.2M, second year: 3.4M).

The Sabres are extremely happy to have snagged Niemi from FA. With the (expensive) duo of Howard and Niemi, I expect there to be much more stability in net. This is already much better than what I had when I picked up the team, which had Bryzgalov and Giguere.

Buffalo Sabres Roster

Tyler Ennis - John Tavares (a) - Jaromir Jagr ©

Alex Tanguay (a) - Bryan Little - Nathan MacKinnon

Sven Baertschi - Kyle Brodziak - Viktor Arvidsson

Mike Brown - Drew Shore - AlesHemsky

Corey Tropp, Michael Chaput

Andrew MacDonald - Justin Schultz

Cody Ceci - Rasmus Ristolainen

Nikita Zadorov - Carl Gunnarsson

Nathan Beaulieu, Nate Guenin

Jimmy Howard

Antti Niemi

Top Prospects

Dylan Strome

Frederick Gauthier

Adam Erne

Brendan Leipsic

Vince Dunn

Eric Comrie

Thatcher Demko

Mackenzie Blackwood

Key Trades of the 2014-2015 Season

To TBL: Steven Stamkos

To BUF: John Tavares, Justin Schultz, Kyle Brodziak, Matt Carkner

To BUF: Nathan Mackinnon

To MIN: Jared Spurgeon, Boone Jenner, BUF 2014 1st Round Pick

To NSH: Shane Doan (15% retained by Buffalo for 2014 season)

To BUF: Tyler Ennis, NSH 2015 3rd Round Pick, NSH 2015 5th Round Pick

To CAR: Blake Wheeler, Chris Phillips

To BUF: Cody Ceci, Sven Baertschi, CAR 2015 2nd Round Pick, CAR 2015 3rd Round Pick, CAR 2016 1st Round Pick

To LAK: Brett Connolly

To BUF: Rasmus Ristolainen

Key Offseason Signings

Jaromir Jagr (6.2M x 1 year)

Antti Niemi (5.2M x year 1, 3.4M x year 2)

Viktor Arvidsson (1.6M x 3 years)

I feel as if my roster is quite playoff worthy this upcoming season. Also very happy with my prospect pool, and picks for the upcoming season. Thoughts?

Nail, can you look over the Hurricanes spreadsheet please?

Chris Thorburn is showing that he is not eligible for waivers (71 games of eligibility, 22 years old). Obviously this is incorrect for him, but wondering if that is supposed to apply to someone else on my roster that may currently be showing they are waiver eligible.

Thanks!

Got him mixed up with Kevin Hayes. Sorry.

We have a trade to announce...

To PIT: Zach Parise, Nikita Nesterov

To LAK: Craig Smith, Alec Martinez, Teemu Pulkkinen, Mason Geertsen, PIT 2016 3rd Round Pick

The Los Angeles Kings are happy to welcome Smith, Martinez, Pulkkinen, and Geertsen to the organization. We feel they will fill out our team with solid, young, affordable secondary players. We also thank Nesterov for his contributions, and strong playoff performance.

We would also like to thank Pittsburgh GM JimLahey. We had been going back-and-forth a number of times over the past few months on a potential Martinez deal, but it never really came together. And then when Parise's name came into discussions, it turned into a massive negotiation. But through it all he was fair and reasonable, and communicated his needs (such as needing a playoff D-man to replace Martinez).

But most of all, we would like to thank Zach Parise. He was a cornerstone of our team, and we are sad to see him go. It was a difficult year for him, but we felt that being reunited with old friend Ryan Suter and being closer to his home in Minneapolis would be big positives for him. And with the acquisition of Patrick Kane, plus the emergence of Johnny Gaudreau, Zach was likely headed to a secondary role in L.A. But in Pittsburgh, he becomes the #1 winger among a very deep and talented Pittsburgh team.

--------------------------------------------

This was kind of the opposite of the deal we made for Patrick Kane. Instead of trading secondary/young pieces for a franchise player, we were on the other side of it - filling out our roster, and shedding some cap space. If you take both deals as a whole:

Coming in: Patrick Kane, Craig Smith, Alec Martinez, Teemu Pulkkinen, Mason Geertsen, PIT 2016 3rd Round Pick

Going out: Zach Parise, Alex Galchenyuk, Nikita Nesterov, Radko Gudas, Alexei Marchenko, LAK 2016 2nd Round Pick

Overall, I think the combined deals have made the team stronger for this year and next, which is the window we hope to win in. Long-term, Galchenyuk, Nesterov, Gudas, and Marchenko may end up extremely valuable players though...but then again, so may Pulkkinen and/or Geertsen.

IceCrewGAME-ENTERTAINMENT.jpg

The 2015-2016 Los Angeles Kings

(Projected Roster)

Johnny Gaudreau - Brayden Schenn - Patrick Kane

Cody McLeod - Craig Smith - Mark Scheifele

Adam Lowry - Brian Boyle - Troy Brouwer

Michael Ferland - Jay Beagle - Teemu Pulkinnen

Matt Fraser

Anton Stralman - James Wisniewski

Alec Martinez - Trevor Daley

Fedor Tyutin - Zach Trotman

Jay Harrison

Peter Harrold

Henrik Lundqvist

Darcy Kuemper

_________Monarchs-Calder-Cup-Champions.jpg________

The 2015-2016 Manchester Monarchs

(Projected Roster)

Tanner Kero - William Karlsson - Nikita Scherbak

Cole Ully - Jonny Brodzinski - Kyle Baun

Brock McGinn - Ryan Haggerty - Bill Arnold

Austin Carroll - Kevin Roy - Kenny Agostino

Andre Benoit - Marc-Andre Gragnani

Mason Geertsen - Roland McKeown

Alex Lintuniemi - Patrick Sieloff

Darren Dietz

John Gillies

Kevin Poulin

Pittsburgh Penguins
Zach Parise - Derek Stepan - Chris Kreider
Mikael Granlund - Frans Nielsen - Mark Stone
Patrik Berglund - Casey Cizikas - Jiri Tlusty
Dan Paille - Mike Richards - Marko Dano
Taylor Beck, Miikka Salomaki

Ryan Suter - Justin Faulk
Morgan Rielly - Olli Maatta
Nikita Nesterov - Dmitry Orlov
Tim Erixon

Semyon Varlamov
Reto Berra

Pittsburgh Pirates
Jakub Vrana - William Nylander - Travis Konecny
Alex Tuch - Nick Merkley - Robin Kovacs
Sebastian Aho - Michael Bournival - Hudson Fasching
Marek Tvrdon - Zack Phillips - Richard Nejezchleb
Tuomo Ruutu, Martin Reway

Nicolas Meloche - Ryan Sproul
Paul Postma - Taylor Fedun
Andrew Welinski - Ryan Rehill
Dylan Demelo, Stu Bickel

Mark Visentin

To LAK: Brett Connolly

To BUF: Rasmus Ristolainen

...I feel as if my roster is quite playoff worthy this upcoming season. Also very happy with my prospect pool, and picks for the upcoming season. Thoughts?

My first thought was, what was my predecessor thinking with that trade?

But overall, yeah, you made a lot of improvements in one year. Not sure if you're a playoff team this season (esp in the East), but your future is looking bright.

The Kings send down Andre Benoit (cleared waivers July 8th) and William Karlsson. We also call up Zach Trotman.

Want to see how our proposed roster fits under the cap. (Note: Benoit's cap penalty for being in the minors is already on the spreadsheet from before.)

Johnny-Oduya-Dennis-Wierzbicki-USA-TODAY

The Ottawa Senators have signed defenseman Johnny Oduya to a two year deal worth 4.3M (2.15M per year). The deal also comes with a NMC.

We are very excited to welcome back Johnny at a great price. Johnny already fits In really well with our defensive group and provides great mobility, leadership and defensive abilities to our squad

D-Money did you at least kiss JimLahey first ? :shock:

:lol:

Well, Parise is good for close to 400 reg season points, and is absolute money in the playoffs. I wasn't going to let him go for scraps.

And when we started talking about him, I wanted a younger/cheaper/slightly less productive top line guy coming back. The first names I asked about were Stepan, Kreider, Stone, and even Granlund - all were no-go's. Then I moved on to a top prospect like Maata or Dano - again, non-starters. Jim was only doing the deal for 'secondary' pieces. And if Martinez was part of it, he wanted Nesterov coming back.

So the only way I was going to let Parise (plus a promising young TB D-man) walk for 'secondary' pieces, was if it was a pretty impressive package of them, on good teams, and with good contracts. Think I got that here. Some may think I won the trade, but on the other side, JimLahey got exactly the players he wanted, and didn't have to move anyone he wanted to keep. I had to settle for 'plan B's'. But I liked that group of B's enough to pull the trigger.

Just an update on those new spreadsheets...

With amazing help from JE, we've created a real good template that both of us like, which is viewable on mobile, Google sheets and on a computer.

Now i will start plugging away to get all 30 teams completed under this new template..

I project this SS to be finished by the end of this month, but until then all transactions completed will just be updated on the old AND new SSs.

Thanks guys,

Nail

:lol:

Well, Parise is good for close to 400 reg season points, and is absolute money in the playoffs. I wasn't going to let him go for scraps.

And when we started talking about him, I wanted a younger/cheaper/slightly less productive top line guy coming back. The first names I asked about were Stepan, Kreider, Stone, and even Granlund - all were no-go's. Then I moved on to a top prospect like Maata or Dano - again, non-starters. Jim was only doing the deal for 'secondary' pieces. And if Martinez was part of it, he wanted Nesterov coming back.

So the only way I was going to let Parise (plus a promising young TB D-man) walk for 'secondary' pieces, was if it was a pretty impressive package of them, on good teams, and with good contracts. Think I got that here. Some may think I won the trade, but on the other side, JimLahey got exactly the players he wanted, and didn't have to move anyone he wanted to keep. I had to settle for 'plan B's'. But I liked that group of B's enough to pull the trigger.

Never a bad thing when both teams are happy with their deal and no disrespect meant to JimLahey.

I value Smith alone higher than Parise ( better team, goal scoring ability and still room to improve on a very manageable contract ).

Nesterov may very well become a regular dependable blue liner in Tampa but he has some solid offensive players think Koekkoek who will battle and likely take offensive ice time away from him, but in fantasy hockey the name of the game is offensive players so moving him while yes he may be a dependable defender he won't be a big producer moving forward.

Its highly likely Martinez out produces Nesterov moving forward so already two upgrades over the pieces moving out.

Teemu Pulkkinen in my opinion will be a top six offensive forward in short order, again on a solid team. I really like this deal for the Kings, but just my opinion.

Never a bad thing when both teams are happy with their deal and no disrespect meant to JimLahey.

I value Smith alone higher than Parise ( better team, goal scoring ability and still room to improve on a very manageable contract ).

Nesterov may very well become a regular dependable blue liner in Tampa but he has some solid offensive players think Koekkoek who will battle and likely take offensive ice time away from him, but in fantasy hockey the name of the game is offensive players so moving him while yes he may be a dependable defender he won't be a big producer moving forward.

Its highly likely Martinez out produces Nesterov moving forward so already two upgrades over the pieces moving out.

Teemu Pulkkinen in my opinion will be a top six offensive forward in short order, again on a solid team. I really like this deal for the Kings, but just my opinion.

I like the deal for the Kings too, which is why the Kings took it! B)

But Parise had 33 goals last year, and almost 100 more regular season pool points than Smith - and that's despite his rough start. Then he was a PPG in the playoffs - just like the previous year. And the Wild as a team aren't too far off from the Preds - just got as far in the postseason as the Preds ever have (and just once). So Smith is a good piece, but certainly no upgrade on Parise.

Pulkinnen is a wildcard. There's questions on whether he'll get it together at the NHL level - at least to where his offensive contributions outpace his defensive lapses (which are plenty, even for the Griffins). There were serious rumours he would be traded in the offseason, and was linked to the Leafs (YIKES! - he was supposedly part of that proposed Phaneuf deal that never happened). But with Babcock leaving and Blashill taking over, I like his chances of staying in Detroit more now.

Martinez is the key to the deal for me. I needed a core player from the Kings. Already have Stralman and Boyle from Tampa, so could afford to lose Nesterov to make that happen.

But man, if the Wild go on a run, JimLahey's going to cream everyone (Parise, Suter, and Granlund!).

Archived