The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2014-15

Nail

Carolina is looking to move players to acquire a defenseman. Matt Moulson and Alex Grenier would be guys that could go back in return package. However, other prospect(s) could be substituted or added, depending on defenseman.

D-Money did you at least kiss JimLahey first ? :shock:

Haha jeez.

I overpaid but I also got a first line winger without moving a starting goaltender, high pick, top pair defenceman or a top prospect of mine (Pulk has potential but I have many prospects with higher ceilings). Basically gave up assets I already had for a 1LW, no complaints here.

Haha jeez.

I overpaid but I also got a first line winger without moving a starting goaltender, high pick, top pair defenceman or a top prospect of mine (Pulk has potential but I have many prospects with higher ceilings). Basically gave up assets I already had for a 1LW, no complaints here.

Adding a top winger is definitely nothing to complain about and if dealing from a position of strength as you have put it you can't go wrong, I feel Pulkkinen is going to be a special player in the not too distant future anyways.

Patrick Kane in the middle of rape allegation charges.

First thing Monty thinks, "Poor D-Mo and his fantasy team."

Second thing Monty thinks, "More ice time for Panarin and Tikhonov. Yay!"

Third thing Monty thinks, "Oh, perhaps I should actually worry about the poor girl in this situation. I'm a terrible person."

Fourth thing Monty thinks, "Hmm, maybe D-Mo will shop Kane for cheap."

Yes, because rape allegations against a multi-millionaire are ALWAYS legitimate.

And, superstar players are never the same after them either. Look how crappy Kobe Bryant's career turned out.

You'll be seeing my "Raymond, Ballard and a 1st" or "D Offer" shortly.

Patrick Kane in the middle of rape allegation charges.

I can't believe it's been six years since he assaulted the cab driver. Think how different the NHL was back then.

Just an update on those new spreadsheets...

With amazing help from JE, we've created a real good template that both of us like, which is viewable on mobile, Google sheets and on a computer.

Now i will start plugging away to get all 30 teams completed under this new template..

I project this SS to be finished by the end of this month, but until then all transactions completed will just be updated on the old AND new SSs.

Thanks guys,

Nail

So I've tried to get 2 of these done per day, and I'm almost halfway done, so I predict we'll be finished in 2 weeks at the MAX.

All signings will be put on hold until the new SS is finished, as there will still be lots of time to sign players before the season.

Thanks for waiting guys, really appreciate it.

Only 8 more teams to go guys! Thanks for your patience!

I completed 5 (!!) teams today, so I only have 3 more to go, and will get those done tomorrow.

Then everyone will get to see it and fix all my mistakes I probably made :P

Thanks once again to everyone for waiting, but more importantly thank you to JE for creating and designing all the spreadsheets for every team! Without him, these spreadsheets would look like crap haha, I'm not the type who's good at computer designing.

Here they are everyone: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Mx2qBtjr-VWRC4dozwOFYRkR8VmkBj3BYJZONHWn9c/edit#gid=1214555605

I will update the OP with that link but I will leave the old SS up as well just in case teams want to view it to see if I missed something (which I may have).

If you find something I've messed up, please PM me it and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

I will now be keeping track of waivers on a different SS that only I can view. Shouldn't be a problem as you will be able to see in the thread whenever a player is placed on waivers.

I'll resume with signings later today folks.

Looks good!

A few things...

1) the team list at the top isn't fixed to the rest so it doesn't scroll properly, at least on mobile. The info is doubled up.

2) no spot for AGMs. :P

3) can't see NTCs anymore.

4) I liked being able to see the committed cap for upcoming seasons at the bottom.

Looks good!

A few things...

1) the team list at the top isn't fixed to the rest so it doesn't scroll properly, at least on mobile. The info is doubled up.

2) no spot for AGMs. :P

3) can't see NTCs anymore.

4) I liked being able to see the committed cap for upcoming seasons at the bottom.

1. I recommend using the following link on mobile. It keeps the top bar of teams at the top of the page instead of having it follow you as you scroll down. I recommend ONLY using this link on mobile as it is a publicized version so it removes integral features on the computer like CTRL-H (searching for players) as well as other features.
2. That can be added but it's up to Nail.
3. If you're talking about mobile, I can't currently find a work around for that but I'll try. The original spreadsheets have the NTC info at the bottom because they are an old version of Google Spreadsheets.
4. See #2.

Thanks once again to everyone for waiting, but more importantly thank you to JE for creating and designing all the spreadsheets for every team! Without him, these spreadsheets would look like crap haha, I'm not the type who's good at computer designing.

Here they are everyone: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Mx2qBtjr-VWRC4dozwOFYRkR8VmkBj3BYJZONHWn9c/edit#gid=1214555605

I will update the OP with that link but I will leave the old SS up as well just in case teams want to view it to see if I missed something (which I may have).

If you find something I've messed up, please PM me it and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

I will now be keeping track of waivers on a different SS that only I can view. Shouldn't be a problem as you will be able to see in the thread whenever a player is placed on waivers.

I'll resume with signings later today folks.

Thank you Nail and JE14 for all your time working on these sheets.

1. I recommend using the following link on mobile. It keeps the top bar of teams at the top of the page instead of having it follow you as you scroll down. I recommend ONLY using this link on mobile as it is a publicized version so it removes integral features on the computer like CTRL-H (searching for players) as well as other features.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Mx2qBtjr-VWRC4dozwOFYRkR8VmkBj3BYJZONHWn9c/pubhtml#

2. That can be added but it's up to Nail.

3. If you're talking about mobile, I can't currently find a work around for that but I'll try. The original spreadsheets have the NTC info at the bottom because they are an old version of Google Spreadsheets.

4. See #2.

Thanks, JE.

I was referring to mobile as that's how I will be viewing them most of the time. The extra link is better for sure.

1. While the link you provided doesn't have the scroll over problem, it still pins the team list on the screen meaning there is very little info that can be viewed at one time. Better would be to have it attached to the top of the page so that as you scroll down it disappears. This way we could see a whole screen full of required info rather than the team list. It's easy enough to go to the top to switch teams if needed. I hope that's clear enough from my description.

2. It actually seems to be added on the mobile version. A link to both versions in the OP would be handy.

3. Maybe it's just easier to list the NTCs at the bottom manually?

4. Ok.

Thanks, JE.

I was referring to mobile as that's how I will be viewing them most of the time. The extra link is better for sure.

1. While the link you provided doesn't have the scroll over problem, it still pins the team list on the screen meaning there is very little info that can be viewed at one time. Better would be to have it attached to the top of the page so that as you scroll down it disappears. This way we could see a whole screen full of required info rather than the team list. It's easy enough to go to the top to switch teams if needed. I hope that's clear enough from my description.

2. It actually seems to be added on the mobile version. A link to both versions in the OP would be handy.

3. Maybe it's just easier to list the NTCs at the bottom manually?

4. Ok.

1. Like I said before, I have no idea how to work these things so I'll let JE answer that again but as far as I know, for mobile the only two possible ways we have are with the HTML view and the PUB view.

2. Yea, JE went ahead and added all AGMs last night so props to him. We will get around to adding future cap in the next few days as well.

3. We tried adding another column for clauses last night but that made the top sections look all wonky so we decided against adding clauses outside of the notes. Unfortunately you'll have to go onto a computer quickly to check to see if a player has a clause, but ultimately the GM you are negotiating with should have a knowledge of who on their team has a clause, and the same with you as GM as your team. Worst comes to worst you can PM me if you want me to quickly check and I can do that for you.

1. Like I said before, I have no idea how to work these things so I'll let JE answer that again but as far as I know, for mobile the only two possible ways we have are with the HTML view and the PUB view.

2. Yea, JE went ahead and added all AGMs last night so props to him. We will get around to adding future cap in the next few days as well.

3. We tried adding another column for clauses last night but that made the top sections look all wonky so we decided against adding clauses outside of the notes. Unfortunately you'll have to go onto a computer quickly to check to see if a player has a clause, but ultimately the GM you are negotiating with should have a knowledge of who on their team has a clause, and the same with you as GM as your team. Worst comes to worst you can PM me if you want me to quickly check and I can do that for you.

I'm sure the GMs can work around anything. I simply wanted to give you some feedback to see if you could work out all the bugs. The work is much appreciated.

It's weird that the new Google doc won't let you fix that scrolling issue since the previous doc didn't have that problem. The newer version of Google docs doesn't seem as useful as the original one. Same with the clauses since they used to be viewable. Dumb programmers.

Archived